Bridgeway of Bensenville

Reviews of Bridgeway of Bensenville

Assisted Living Reviews for Bridgeway of Bensenville

November 20, 2017

By John

Bridgeway of Bensenville has senior living, assisted living, and independent houses. It's a whole community. The room was OK. I wouldn't call it spacious, but I wouldn't call it cramped either. The activities were good. They have all kinds of activities. They showed us the library, the kitchen, the different types of rooms that they have, the workout room, and the media room. The staff was knowledgeable and busy.

Independent Living Reviews for Bridgeway of Bensenville

January 26, 2015

By Pat101406150

My mother knew about Bridgeway, and they were very friendly there. This is a small facility, and the staff was all very nice. The rooms were nice, about the typical size, and the kitchen was not as nice I would say as the other facility we visited, but the balconies were beautiful. They have crafts, a fitness center, and a game room. They were very nice and very friendly. The prices were very good, but it’s the farthest away from me.

July 31, 2014

By Donald23

I am so thankful that we made an appointment to see Bridgeway of Bensenville because it was half the price of everywhere else we went and my aunt-in-law is getting a lot more at Bridgeway than most of those expensive places. The room is gorgeous. She actually has her own apartment with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a dining room. I like their staff the best. They are very polite, very kind, and they watch over her if I have any problems. If I just call them up and ask that they check on her, they will walk down to her room and check on her no matter what time it was. It is a very nice facility. I had no problems with them at all and she is so happy there.

May 28, 2013

When we walked in to Bridgeway of Bensenville, we felt that that was it. They were very, very nice and friendly. The open area was very nice as well as the apartment and it's not that expensive. The people are wonderful and really make you feel at home. The food is very good. I'll recommend this place to other people.

January 11, 2012

By Caring201973

I really like the Bridgeway because of the relaxed atmosphere from the moment I drove up to the ease of getting into the building. There is plenty of parking. I was greeted by a receptionist behind the desk at the entrance who was helpful, but also guarded, wanting to ensure the privacy of the residents. The desk was not at all institutional looking, more like a hotel desk. The lobby itself is spacious and there was music piped in. Several residents were sitting on comfortable chairs chatting with one another. It was very clean and comfortable. In the middle of the lobby was a lovely dining room. When I was there it was lunch time and sparse, but I later went into a small eatery on the first floor which I found to be very reasonable and good. It's probably the only fresh fruit salad that you would get for under $2.50. What I also liked about the building is that there is a washroom on the first floor and you can also use stairs as well as the elevator to get to the second floor. On the second floor there is a wellness center and small gym. There is also a large multipurpose activity room in which residents gather for different lectures. The apartments were very nice, clean and had all the amenities. The halls were clean and well ventilated. There were no bad smells anywhere. The only downside is that there seemed to be little diversity in terms of religion and race. The Bridgeway advertises itself as a "Christian" facility. There also is not a lot in the area nearby in terms of restaurants and stores.

Memory Care Reviews for Bridgeway of Bensenville

Questions about Bridgeway of Bensenville

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Bridgeway of Bensenville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents of all ages who are living with us in health and happiness!

What programs or activities does Bridgeway of Bensenville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer different programs for every level of care in our community with 3 separate activity calendars for Independent, Assisted, and Memory care programs. These include bus outings, food and drink crafts, brain games, etc.

What transportation services does Bridgeway of Bensenville offer to assisted living residents?

With our community bus and van we can take our residents to doctor's appointments, grocery store, bank, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bridgeway of Bensenville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The food at Bridgeway is outstanding! We always offer our prospects to come and enjoy dinner with us!

What safety features or security measures does Bridgeway of Bensenville offer to assisted living residents?

We have 24 hour security as well as outside cameras.

If Bridgeway of Bensenville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we accept pets up to 25lbs! We have many walking paths and outdoor areas for our animal friends to enjoy. We are also right next to a park.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All of our staff completes online trainings every month as well as in-services.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Bridgeway of Bensenville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have Independent residents of all ages with many different interests!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

White Pine Golf Course, many different local eateries and bars, grocery stores, etc.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Bridgeway of Bensenville has organized?

We do off-site events every single day. One of the bigger trips for October is going to the pumpkin patch and apple picking.

What transportation services does Bridgeway of Bensenville offer to independent living residents?

We have our community bus and van that can take our Independent residents to their doctor appointments, to off-site activities, local shops and grocery stores, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bridgeway of Bensenville exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

All of our residents get the same menu choices and the food is always exceptional.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas are plentiful at Bridgeway. We have a Fireside Room, Multi-Purpose Room, Billiards Room, Computer Room, Den, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Bridgeway of Bensenville provide to protect residents who wander?

Our front desk is monitored 24/7. We also have cameras on all of the exit doors.

How does Bridgeway of Bensenville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our nursing team calls our families directly when we need to inform them about their loved ones.

Describe the neighborhood around Bridgeway of Bensenville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in a quiet residential neighborhood. We are also located near public transportation, interstates 290 and 294, and also nearby O'Hare airport.

Is Bridgeway of Bensenville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Elmhurst Memorial Hospital is our emergency hospital but we also work with Alexian Brothers for our residents that need inpatient psych stay.

Costs for Bridgeway of Bensenville

Photos of Bridgeway of Bensenville

Services and Amenities of Bridgeway of Bensenville

• Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

• Pets: Yes

• About Bridgeway of Bensenville

Located in Bensenville, Illinois, the Bridgeway of Bensenville is an Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community set on a large, green landscape. We’re easy to get to from I-294 and I-290 and close to everything from ten White Pines Country Club and River Forest Golf Club to various shopping areas. As a spacious, large property, we offer our residents outstanding living accommodations in a peaceful, relaxing setting while giving each person the privacy and respect they deserve.

Independent Living

Independent Living provides the comforts of home and a social lifestyle of friendship, security, care-free community environment with an abundance of activities, fine dining, freedom of choosing a variety of beneficial financial arrangements suitable to individual needs, 10 different floor plans apartments with patio or balcony, inviting Common Areas, beautifully landscaped Courtyards, all interior and exterior maintenance, and many more amenities. The residents have priority access to additional services as their needs change.

Services & Amenities

• Regular social, recreational & spiritual activities
    • Housekeeping services
    • Maintenance-free living
    • Transportation for activities
    • Exercise & wellness programs
    • Activity center & common areas
    • Landscaped outdoor areas
    • Fine dining with a variety of meal options
    • Laundry service available

Assisted Living

Bridgeway Assisted Living offers a Home Style environment for seniors who require support with their daily activities; nevertheless, they want to maintain a sense of independence and enjoy a Lifestyle that provides the following Amenities and Services:

• Three nutritious meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, prepared daily
    • Snacking available upon request
    • Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
    • Daily spiritual, social, intellectual and recreational activities
    • Full apartments with kitchen, living room and spacious bedrooms
    • 12 Hours a Day licensed nurse
    • 24 Hours Resident Care Assistants
    • Emergency Response program-24 Hour Security
    • All utilities with the exception of Telephone Service
    • Expanded Cable Television
    • Medication reminders and Medication Management available

Memory Care

Bridgeway Senior Living and Bridgeway of Bensenville take pride in providing safe, carefully structured social environments designed to enable those with Alzheimers or other forms of memory loss to enjoy quality of life. Extensive care has been taken to design communities which minimize limitations that may affect residents and encourage a safe, comfortable and familiar haven. Our highly qualified staff is enthusiastic about enriching the lives of the residents by helping them maintain their lifestyles and enhancing their abilities. We work closely with the family to uncover special interests and hobbies that can be incorporated into each resident’s daily activity program. With personalized living spaces, personal care assistance and the many other services offered, we can ensure that our residents are safe and secure at “home”.

Thank you for your interest at Bridgeway of Bensenville. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Bridgeway of Bensenville