Bridgeway of Bensenville Bensenville, IL

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

303 E Washington Street, Bensenville, IL 60106
Bridgeway of Bensenville (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Bridgeway of Bensenville

Assisted Living Reviews for Bridgeway of Bensenville

August 20, 2018

By Sandy

Bridgeway of Bensenville seemed old and very complicated to get through, but it was clean and nice. It wasn't for me or my dad. The nursing staff was very friendly. I didn't like the layout of it. It was far from me.

Sandy, Thanks for sharing your candid and constructive feedback and perspective Thanks for your review

June 05, 2018

By Bill and Marilyn

We discovered Bridgeway when our loved one was in Bridgeway Christian Living (now Bridgeway Senior Living) undergoing rehab. My concern was always what would happen to him if something happened to me and I couldn't care for him. I had no idea that there was another building on the campus until a friend sent me information on the internet. I came over to see what was available, and after seeing a number of apartmetns that were too small, I was shown an empty 3 bedroom apartment which had been empty for 2 years (the same length of time since my loved one's accident)- it was perfect for our needs and wiht a beeautiful view. When I went to report to my loved one what I had seen, he came over and when he wheeled into the aprtment, his comment was "We'll take it!" We have loved our apartment (now almost 8 years later) and have felt "at home" at Bridgeway from the moment we set eyes on the huge beautiful fireplace and lovedly dining room setting- a very welcoming sight! When our family came to visit the irst time, our yyoung grandson opened the door and exclaimed "Grandma, it's just like your home!" Yes, it is very much our home. The friendly and hospitable atmosphere, delicious meals (not having to cook!), friendly staff, employees and residents, plus numerous activities from which to choose, make our retirement years almost perfect!

Bill, Marylin, Wow! Thank you so much for this beautiful letter. We deeply appreciate this, as we do your wonderful smiles and good cheer. I will let the staff know about your kind review. God bless.

November 20, 2017

By John

Bridgeway of Bensenville has senior living, assisted living, and independent houses. It's a whole community. The room was OK. I wouldn't call it spacious, but I wouldn't call it cramped either. The activities were good. They have all kinds of activities. They showed us the library, the kitchen, the different types of rooms that they have, the workout room, and the media room. The staff was knowledgeable and busy.

Independent Living Reviews for Bridgeway of Bensenville

December 28, 2016

By Barbara267037

My aunt is in Bridgeway of Bensenville in a two-bedroom apartment. It's perfect. I am able to bring her living room furniture, dining table, bed, and dresser. She shares it with a roommate who has her own separate bedroom, closets and bathrooms. The only thing that they share is the common areas, living room, and the kitchenette. Everything is included: three meals a day, laundry, and cable television. The only thing I supply her with is her medicines and toiletries. They have different activities every day and a little bus that takes them around. They are all active and don't just sit in their rooms. She was as happy as she can be. She loves it.

November 30, 2015

The staff at Bridgeway of Bensenville were extremely friendly. The room size was nice, and the layout was good. The price was a little bit high, but the place is very nice. They have a common area where people can get together and play cards or socialize. They have meals that can be brought to the room. The grounds are really nice, where people can walk around outside.

January 26, 2015

By Pat101406150

My mother knew about Bridgeway, and they were very friendly there. This is a small facility, and the staff was all very nice. The rooms were nice, about the typical size, and the kitchen was not as nice I would say as the other facility we visited, but the balconies were beautiful. They have crafts, a fitness center, and a game room. They were very nice and very friendly. The prices were very good, but it’s the farthest away from me.

July 31, 2014

By Donald23

I am so thankful that we made an appointment to see Bridgeway of Bensenville because it was half the price of everywhere else we went and my aunt-in-law is getting a lot more at Bridgeway than most of those expensive places. The room is gorgeous. She actually has her own apartment with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a dining room. I like their staff the best. They are very polite, very kind, and they watch over her if I have any problems. If I just call them up and ask that they check on her, they will walk down to her room and check on her no matter what time it was. It is a very nice facility. I had no problems with them at all and she is so happy there.

May 28, 2013

When we walked in to Bridgeway of Bensenville, we felt that that was it. They were very, very nice and friendly. The open area was very nice as well as the apartment and it's not that expensive. The people are wonderful and really make you feel at home. The food is very good. I'll recommend this place to other people.

January 11, 2012

By Caring201973

I really like the Bridgeway because of the relaxed atmosphere from the moment I drove up to the ease of getting into the building. There is plenty of parking. I was greeted by a receptionist behind the desk at the entrance who was helpful, but also guarded, wanting to ensure the privacy of the residents. The desk was not at all institutional looking, more like a hotel desk. The lobby itself is spacious and there was music piped in. Several residents were sitting on comfortable chairs chatting with one another. It was very clean and comfortable. In the middle of the lobby was a lovely dining room. When I was there it was lunch time and sparse, but I later went into a small eatery on the first floor which I found to be very reasonable and good. It's probably the only fresh fruit salad that you would get for under $2.50. What I also liked about the building is that there is a washroom on the first floor and you can also use stairs as well as the elevator to get to the second floor. On the second floor there is a wellness center and small gym. There is also a large multipurpose activity room in which residents gather for different lectures. The apartments were very nice, clean and had all the amenities. The halls were clean and well ventilated. There were no bad smells anywhere. The only downside is that there seemed to be little diversity in terms of religion and race. The Bridgeway advertises itself as a "Christian" facility. There also is not a lot in the area nearby in terms of restaurants and stores.

Memory Care Reviews for Bridgeway of Bensenville

Questions about Bridgeway of Bensenville

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Bridgeway of Bensenville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents of all ages who are living with us in health and happiness!

What programs or activities does Bridgeway of Bensenville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer different programs for every level of care in our community with 3 separate activity calendars for Independent, Assisted, and Memory care programs. These include bus outings, food and drink crafts, brain games, etc.

What transportation services does Bridgeway of Bensenville offer to assisted living residents?

With our community bus and van we can take our residents to doctor's appointments, grocery store, bank, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bridgeway of Bensenville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The food at Bridgeway is outstanding! We always offer our prospects to come and enjoy dinner with us!

What safety features or security measures does Bridgeway of Bensenville offer to assisted living residents?

We have 24 hour security as well as outside cameras.

If Bridgeway of Bensenville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we accept pets up to 25lbs! We have many walking paths and outdoor areas for our animal friends to enjoy. We are also right next to a park.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All of our staff completes online trainings every month as well as in-services.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Bridgeway of Bensenville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have Independent residents of all ages with many different interests!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

White Pine Golf Course, many different local eateries and bars, grocery stores, etc.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Bridgeway of Bensenville has organized?

We do off-site events every single day. One of the bigger trips for October is going to the pumpkin patch and apple picking.

What transportation services does Bridgeway of Bensenville offer to independent living residents?

We have our community bus and van that can take our Independent residents to their doctor appointments, to off-site activities, local shops and grocery stores, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bridgeway of Bensenville exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

All of our residents get the same menu choices and the food is always exceptional.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas are plentiful at Bridgeway. We have a Fireside Room, Multi-Purpose Room, Billiards Room, Computer Room, Den, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Bridgeway of Bensenville provide to protect residents who wander?

Our front desk is monitored 24/7. We also have cameras on all of the exit doors.

How does Bridgeway of Bensenville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our nursing team calls our families directly when we need to inform them about their loved ones.

Describe the neighborhood around Bridgeway of Bensenville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in a quiet residential neighborhood. We are also located near public transportation, interstates 290 and 294, and also nearby O'Hare airport.

Is Bridgeway of Bensenville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Elmhurst Memorial Hospital is our emergency hospital but we also work with Alexian Brothers for our residents that need inpatient psych stay.

Costs for Bridgeway of Bensenville

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Bridgeway of Bensenville

Bridgeway of Bensenville features Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. Residents have a choice of a spacious studio, and one, two, or three-bedroom apartments. Every apartment comes with its own patio or balcony, for the option to enjoy fresh air from the privacy of your own space all year round! With a full kitchen, stove included, there is plenty of space for pantry items and groceries to store away. Bustling public areas like our beautiful new fireside room, game room, and den allow for plenty opportunities to gather and socialize with neighbors.

Activities, a maintenance-free lifestyle, restaurant-style dining, and more, Bridgeway is here to serve you and your family. We can care for your loved one through every life transition. Every age. Every stage. We're here for you.

Our connection to our town and neighbors creates a loving, tight knit and inclusive community.

Map of Bridgeway of Bensenville