Brookdale Oak Park

Brookdale Oak Park (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Brookdale Oak Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Oak Park

September 12, 2014

Brookdale Plaza Oak Park is a definitely a clean facility. The people that we’ve dealt with were all good and knowledgeable. The unit that we saw is a one-bedroom, and it has a nice kitchen. It looks nice and bright.

August 26, 2014

By Herb5

I was impressed with Brookdale Plaza, I liked the place. I thought it was a little expensive but I spoke with residents and they liked the food and they were happy. The physical plan was very nice, it was nicely decorated and the rooms were very nice. I liked mostly everything about it. I came into contact with three people at the most and they were helpful and informative.

May 20, 2014

By Tracy7

Holly Court Terrace was close to a mall area. It was a little more than what we could afford, but the facility itself was nice. The staff was very attentive to your needs. They had studio apartments and they had larger apartments, so the room space was definitely adequate. They had a chef who prepared breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then you also had the ability to prepare your own meals, for those who required assisted living, and then those who were not capable of preparing their own meals. They had a workout center, but they also had group activities for those who weren't able to participate in the regular workout facility. That would have been a place that I would have looked to place my aunt.

March 27, 2014

By Caring61190350

I visited Holley Court Terrace, and I thought it was a nice facility. It was comfortable like a home. The rooms were very nice. I noticed that they had a nice menu. If my mom didn't have dementia, this would be a nice facility to go to. However, it doesn't have a memory care program, and my mother needed that. The lady I dealt with was somewhat knowledgeable, though there were a few questions she couldn't answer. She told me she had heard that question before. However, if you heard that question before, you had to do research and have some answers for the next set of clients who would come in. I also thought they needed to have more staff.

February 28, 2014

Holley Court Terrace was one of the ones that I would consider. I think it was a very nice facility. I'm very familiar with it and I have been there a number of times. The location is very good. There are residents there that I know. Their facilities were very attractive and very nice. It was a very attractive building and it was nicely decorated. What I found most attractive there was the number of common rooms that they have so that one doesn't have a feeling at least being in an apartment where you're isolated from everybody. They did have a number of events to which I had been invited. The people there were very nice. The price was attractive, too. The food was very good. They did have a restaurant and good food service. The accommodation was attractive and nice. However, the problem with all of them was that they seemed very compact.

December 23, 2013

I've been in Holley Court Terrace for two years now. It's very solidly built and it has the potential to be a perfectly gorgeous building. I believe that everybody involve is well-meaning. Potentially, it could be extraordinary. But right now, it's not. It's horrible. We are in a lockdown because three very sick people were told by the staff to stay in their apartments, but they went into the dining room and we're now under lockdown. I fortunately have a beautiful unit here and I'm self-sustaining. I'm spending extra money to supplement the food. The food has dropped. The CEO is well-meaning and is probably new. And I'm sure he doesn't even know this, but the staff are totally untrained in strategy, business, creating images, and getting things done. It's not that they're bad people. The executive director's door is closed, which is against Brookdale rules, and she seems to come in late and go home early and look bewildered. At this moment, I would not recommend it. I would not ask any of my friends to come here if three sick women, who are not senile, disobeyed orders and went into the dining room. Also, there's a tremendous amount of bullying. Right now, it's very frustrating for me. I won't recommend it. Big no. But down the road, I would check again.

May 09, 2012

By commercesd

We went to check out the Holley Court Terrace assisted living facility for an acquaintance looking for his aunt. The building was well kept and reminded us of a nicely appointed condo facility. There was lush greenery surrounding it, with seating areas. The patio areas also had barbeques where they have hosted and private parties. The staff greeted us and agreed to show us around, despite not having an appointment. The front desk was like a hotel -- with very friendly people. There were fresh flowers in the waiting area. The shared communal areas all had activities occurring, from reading to games and socializing. The residents appeared to be enjoying themselves. Outings and scheduled events include casual and fine dining, cultural venues, films and theater in the community and Chicago region. They also host parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks. The restaurant provides a fine dining experience, with views of nearby Chicago's gorgeous skyline. The living suites were all a nice size with plenty of fresh air and light. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures and very large windows. The full kitchens were really nice, as was the more than ample closet space. In all, this is a well designed facility with caring and attentive staff, where the needs of the seniors are handled well, while providing the dignity of personal freedom.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Oak Park

June 29, 2015

By Jacquelyn4

I visited Brookdale. It was lovely, and it was the premier senior residence in Oak Park. It was a little pricey for us, but we could probably work it out somehow if we decided to go live there. The staff was very accommodating and very good. I had been working with their sales person, and she had been wonderful. I knew the chef and his wife. I met him a few times, and he was very accommodating and very nice. They were half a block away from all the stores.

May 24, 2015

By With love from your daughter

The day Mom and I walked into Brookdale Oak Park (Holley Court Terrace) for the first time, we both knew this was the place! Dad had been refusing to move for 9 years, and it did take from April 2013 until October 2013 to actually make it happen. It would not have happened at all had it not been for the outstanding staff at Brookdale Oak Park. They were with me every step of the way with incredible patience, understanding and reassurance...and no pressure. Before I relate additional details about Brookdale Oak Park, it's important to tell you that this move has brought my brothers and me priceless peace of mind. After 4 months in his new environment, my Dad told me with tears in his eyes, that this was the best thing they could have done. No grass to cut, no snow to shovel, very few meals to make. The people who work here have been here for years; there is very little turnover in staff including the housekeeper who cleans my parents' apartment every Friday, and the staff who coordinates outings, senior services, and sometimes leads Sit and Be Fit classes. All of this, and what I am about to describe, is INCLUDED in the monthly rent. This retirement community is truly just that: a community. My mother is actually the quieter one, but she immediately starting making friends. She loves jigsaw puzzles, and there is always one in the library. Dad has met people just riding on the elevator to and from dinner! I think that is one of the best things about Brookdale Oak Park. You can easily choose your level of community involvement. Mom is out and about, taking the van to Jewel or Walgreens, (groceries are brought up to their apartment) and sometimes to a larger shopping mall. Dad and Mom, both in their upper 80s, are both involved with Sit and Be Fit 5 days a week for 30 minutes. Another great thing at Brookdale is the town car that takes my parents to anything within a 3 mile radius. Even during the harshest Midwestern winter days, Mom and Dad are picked up and returned in a warm car from door to door, usually with very little wait time. Medical situation requiring an unexpected visit to the doctor? They will fit you in the car schedule for the day or help you find a way to and from your appointment. Breakfast and dinner are served in a restaurant on the 13th floor with an incomparable view of the Chicago skyline. There is also an open-air patio with comfortable seating and 2 large grills for summer enjoyment. It's one of the best seats in town 3 seasons of the year. My parents worked hard all their lives, and they spent many of their active retirement years helping others. Now they are living in a place where residents look out for each other, staff helps create a consistently caring, yet independent environment if needed (assisted living is also available), and most of all, I didn't have to "put them in a home." They live in a beautiful apartment building with programs and services developed with great care to meet the needs and wants of all its residents.

January 18, 2015

By Suzanne22

I visited Brookdale Oak Park for a couple of hours. I had lunch and walked around with the sales person. It is a beautiful facility. It is very nicely furnished, very clean, and very nice. They do have assisted living services available, but the focus is more on independent living. The food is great. I didn't really zero in on the kind of activities they have. I think it is a high quality place. It's just that my husband needed more assistance that I felt wouldn't be readily available to him there. He is really ill, and their focus is more on people who are more independent. The rooms are very nice, and they have more variety in the kind of apartment that you can get. You can get a one bedroom or two bedrooms. It is a facility that a couple can comfortably live in together. It was very good and extremely clean. It is well cared for, and the people are very nice. The reason I didn't select it is not because of the quality of the place but because their program is different. It didn't offer what my husband needed.

January 24, 2012

By Caring201973

I don't know where the one percent go when they retire, but I have a feeling it might be the Holley Court Terrace which is in the heart of Oak Park, a western suburb of Chicago. If you can afford to live here I would highly recommend this retirement community because the place is beautiful. Being from Oak Park, I readily noticed that the interior design is very much in the design of Frank Lloyd Wright, the architect whose many architectural gems are in Oak Park. The lamps are certainly in that style of architecture. What really distinguishes this facility are the views. Holley Court Terrace is probably one of the tallest buildings in Oak Park. From the 13th floor which is where the dining room is located are some of the best views in the village. On this wintry afternoon there was a fantastic view of the Chicago skyline which is some 10 miles away. The interior furnishings are elegant and to my mind in good taste. This place is beautifully furnished and carpeted. It feels more like a hotel than anything else. The dining room is very inviting, perhaps not the same as eating at the top of the John Hancock, but it is both elegant and intimate. One gets the sense that if you come to live here because of your friends, you would have a great time in the evening. Also on the 13th floor is a beautiful atrium, which I am told the residents take care of. I toured one of the two bedrooms and was very impressed with the size, closet space and once again the views. One of the difficulties of moving into a retirement community is downsizing, but I was surprised at the amount of closet space in the unit. Holley Court Terrace is in the heart of the downtown Oak Park area, across from a Trader Joes grocery and several restaurants and stores. People moving here would not feel at all isolated. You don't really need to go out thought because there are activities galore inside, including a place to work out and a pool table. The staff were very accommodating and there is resident parking in the back. I would absolutely recommend this place and wouldn't mind living here myself.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Oak Park

• Pharma

• Diabetic
  • Low Salt

• Spanish

About Brookdale Oak Park

Brookdale Oak Park provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Oak Park