40 Assisted Living Facilities near Lincolnwood, IL
There are 40 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lincolnwood area, with 2 in Lincolnwood and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lincolnwood is $5,287 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Evanston with an average starting cost of $4,295.
To help you with your search, browse the 258 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lincolnwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lincolnwood 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Glenview with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lincolnwood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lincolnwood, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lincolnwood
Known locally as the gateway to the North Shore, Lincolnwood, Illinois, is a peaceful town that is home to about 12,590 residents. This upscale suburb of Chicago prides itself on its strong community spirit, which it helps foster with regular community events. Lincolnwood is home to two assisted living facilities, with an additional 34 nearby. In Lincolnwood, as in the rest of Illinois, the Illinois Department of Public Health's Division of Assisted Living handles regulation and licensing for assisted living establishments.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lincolnwood
- Lincolnwood has a very low violent crime rate, which can help seniors feel safe in their community. However, it does have a fairly high property crime rate, which includes theft and burglary, so residents may still need to take precautions. On a scale of one to 100, with 1 being the safest, it rates 22.2 for violent crime, while the U.S. average is 31.1. Its property crime score is 55.3, which is significantly higher than the national average of 38.1.
- Lincolnwood has an array of community resources for seniors, including a part-time social worker available to help and the Rescue Rangers program, which connects volunteers with seniors in need of help with regular activities, such as shoveling snow. Seniors can also join the Lincolnwood Social Club, which offers drop-in exercise classes and games, as well as scheduled special events.
- Like the rest of the Chicagoland area, weather in Lincolnwood can be somewhat harsh. Summers tend to be pleasant and have highs in the 80s, and the average high in winter months is often in the low or mid-30s. The area sees about 36 inches of snow a year on average.
- Residents who rely on public transportation can take advantage of the Pace bus routes running through Lincolnwood that connect it with other suburbs and Chicago or ride the Metra commuter rail line into the city. Seniors age 55 and older can also sign up for the town's subsidized taxi program.
- Lincolnwood is only 10 miles north of Downtown Chicago, so residents can easily take advantage of the world-class museums and entertainment in the city. The town is also home to the Lincolnwood Chamer Orchestra, a wonderful professional ensemble that makes regular local appearances.
- While the total cost of living in Lincolnwood is significantly higher than the U.S. average, most of that is due to high real estate and housing costs. Groceries, health care and utilities tend to be slightly less expensive than average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lincolnwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Lincolnwood start around $5,287 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lincolnwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lincolnwood
Eligible seniors who need help paying for assisted living may benefit from the Illinois Supportive Living Program, which provides Medicaid waivers to help cover support staff and services that might not be covered otherwise.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lincolnwood
Lincolnwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lincolnwood, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lincolnwood
Lincolnwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lincolnwood, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lincolnwood
Review of Lincolnwood Place
My mother-in-law has moved into Lincolnwood Place. It's very close to the rest of the family. The staff has been very friendly. Everybody has been very accommodating. My mother-in-law seems to be d... Read more
Review of Lincolnwood Place
Lincolnwood Place was nice. They keep people busy, they have games, and music. They also have dining service for independent living. They have a shuttle that brings the elederly places they want to... Read more
Review of Lincolnwood Place
My parents have been living at Lincolnwood Place for a month now and we're very pleased. It's lovely, comfortable, and the assisted living portion was just renovated so it's all new. It's beautiful... Read more