36 Assisted Living Facilities near Park Ridge, IL
Also serving communities of Niles, Norridge.
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the Park Ridge area, with 3 in Park Ridge and 33 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Park Ridge is $4,476 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Des Plaines with an average starting cost of $3,675.
To help you with your search, browse the 227 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Park Ridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Park Ridge 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Glenview with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Park Ridge find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Park Ridge, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Park Ridge, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Park Ridge
Park Ridge is part of the Chicago metropolitan area. In Park Ridge, assisted living facilities are under the regulation of the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), which regularly surveys assisted living communities to ensure they are meeting safety and care standards. Seniors have 90 assisted living facilities near Park Ridge to choose from.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Park Ridge
- Park Ridge has a high cost of living. With a rating of 140.7, it is 40.7 points above the national average. It is also much higher than the COL index of the Chigago-Napierville-Elgin Metro Area and state of Illinois average. A high COL index can greatly affect a senior's retirement plans.
- Seniors living in Park Ridge experience much less crime than in the greater Chicago metro area. The violent crime rate in Park Ridge is 17.5, which is less than half the rate of violent crime in the Chicago metro area. It is also much less than the national average and that of the state. The property crime rate in Park Ridge is 22.8, also considerably lower than that of the Chicago metro area and both the national and state averages.
- The air quality in Park Ridge is 33 on a scale of 1, being the worst, to 100. A high air quality is important, especially for seniors suffering from respiratory ailments.
- The sales tax rate in Park Ridge is 10.0 percent, much higher than the U.S. average. The city's income tax rate is slightly lower than the national average, at 3.8 percent. The state of Illinois does exempt almost all retirement income from taxes, however, including Social Security retirement benefits and income earned from retirement savings accounts.
- Park Ridge has a harsh climate. The city gets about 37 inches of snow per year and has a January low of 16.
- The Park Ridge area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Park Ridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Park Ridge start around $4,455 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Park Ridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Park Ridge
There are two Medicaid waiver programs that help pay for the cost of assisted living in Illinois. The Medicaid 1915(b) Waiver Program, called the Supported Living Program, and the 1915(c) Waiver Program, called the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports Program, offer financial assistance for seniors who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Park Ridge
Park Ridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Park Ridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Park Ridge
Park Ridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Park Ridge, IL
Other Options in Park Ridge, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Park Ridge
Review of The Sheridan at Park Ridge
I went to The Sheridan at Park Ridge. The staff was very, very good, very friendly, and very helpful. I watched them in the dining room with the residents in both the residence and in memory care. ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Park Ridge
Sunrise of Park Ridge was really nice. We liked the way the building looked, and the people who walked us through were very friendly. They knew their business. They knew what they were talking abou... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Park Ridge
My mother has moved into Sunrise of Park Ridge, but we've only seen the outside. They won't let us inside the building. The care has been good, and she's making progress. It's a nice building. The ... Read more