28 Assisted Living Facilities near Buffalo Grove, IL
Also serving communities of Wheeling.
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Buffalo Grove area, with 3 in Buffalo Grove and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Buffalo Grove is $4,150 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Prospect Heights with an average starting cost of $3,825.
To help you with your search, browse the 206 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Buffalo Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Buffalo Grove 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lincolnshire with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Buffalo Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Buffalo Grove, IL
25 Assisted Living Facilities near Buffalo Grove, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Buffalo Grove
Buffalo Grove is a small village in Illinois that has a population of a little more than 40,000 people, about 14 percent of whom are over the age of 65. To support the senior population, the village is home to three assisted living facilities. Seniors who want more options can look a little farther out from the city proper, where they'll find an additional 24 facilities.
There are four types of assisted living facilities in Illinois, including Assisted Living Establishments and Shared Housing Establishments, which are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health; Sheltered Care Facilities, which are licensed under the Nursing Home Care Act; and Supportive Living Facilities, which are certified by the Department of Healthcare and Family Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Buffalo Grove
- Buffalo Grove has relatively mild summers with July highs averaging in the low-80s, which may appeal to seniors who are sensitive to excessive heat. Winters are cold and snowy, however, with lows around 15 degrees and about 38 inches of snowfall annually.
- The cost of living in Buffalo Grove is nearly 25 percent higher than the U.S. average. While this is mainly due to the high cost of housing, seniors can also expect to spend about 23 percent more on transportation costs, 10 percent more on groceries, 7 percent more on other goods and services and about 2 percent more on health care.
- Buffalo Grove has a low crime rate, which may provide peace of mind for seniors and their families. The overall crime rate is 79 percent lower than the Illinois average and 81 percent lower than the national average.
- Transportation in Buffalo Grove is provided courtesy of Pace Suburban Bus, which provides fixed routes throughout the city. Seniors can apply for a reduced fare permit. Dial-A-Ride is also available for seniors.
- The Buffalo Grove area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northwest Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Buffalo Grove has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Buffalo Grove Park District's Club 50, an organization that provides seniors with social and educational programs, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Buffalo Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Buffalo Grove start around $4,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Buffalo Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Buffalo Grove
Illinois Medicaid does not pay for services in assisted living establishments, shared housing establishments or sheltered care facilities. However, there are two Medicaid waivers, including the Supportive Living Program and the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports program, that can pay for services for qualifying residents in supportive living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Buffalo Grove
Buffalo Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Buffalo Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Buffalo Grove
Buffalo Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Buffalo Grove, IL
Other Options in Buffalo Grove, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Buffalo Grove
Review of Sunrise of Buffalo Grove
I was impressed with Sunrise of Buffalo Grove. The director spent an hour and a half with us answering every little detail. You could really feel that she would be sincere. The only reason why we d... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Buffalo Grove
We went to Sunrise of Buffalo Grove, and it was an overall excellent experience. I would've really liked to have gone to that facility. It's excellent and beautiful. I was there for a buffet and th... Read more
Review of Belmont Village Buffalo Grove
I visited Belmont Village Buffalo Grove. The most important thing is seeing people out in the common areas socializing and not seeing people in their rooms but actually enjoying the social opportun... Read more