33 Assisted Living Facilities near Lincolnshire, IL
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lincolnshire area, with 4 in Lincolnshire and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lincolnshire is $6,400 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Buffalo Grove with an average starting cost of $3,727.
To help you with your search, browse the 199 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lincolnshire. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lincolnshire 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Prospect Heights with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lincolnshire, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lincolnshire, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lincolnshire
It may be a small village of just over 7,300 people, but Lincolnshire is home to an abundance of recreational resources. With over 20 restaurants, a live theater venue, the Florsheim Nature Preserve, a PGA championship golf course and Spring Lake Beach, it has plenty to offer seniors searching for assisted living options. In fact, a sizable 31.9 percent of Lincolnshire residents are 65 and over.
To help support this significant senior population, there are three assisted living communities within Lincolnshire, and an additional 47 in neighboring towns. These communities provide an alternative for seniors who need some assistance with daily living but do not require skilled nursing care. In Lincolnshire, and all of Illinois, assisted living facilities are overseen by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lincolnshire
- About 30 miles north of Chicago, Lincolnshire shares the same ever-changing climate. Weather conditions range from pleasantly mild to extremely humid—or cold. In the winter, Lincolnshire averages 37 inches of snow and high temperatures are often below freezing. Activities for seniors are more likely to be limited to the indoors between December and February.
- While indexes put Lincolnshire’s cost of living 50 percent higher than the national average, the biggest factor is expensive real estate. The cost of groceries, health care, utilities and transportation are on par or slightly below the national average.
- Property crime is not very common in Lincolnshire, and a person’s chance of becoming a victim of violent crime is one in 1,467. Lincolnshire is one of the safest places for seniors to live in America.
- The Lincolnshire Paths make it easy for seniors to walk or bike around town. For mass transit, Lincolnshire is accessible via the Metra North Central commuter rail line. Seniors are eligible for the Regional Transit Authority’s reduced fare program.
- Lincolnshire offers plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy. The critically-acclaimed Marriott Theatre presents five musicals per year and is a prime venue for launching popular Broadway shows. The theater is equipped with a Hearing Loop and accessible seating, and offers discounted tickets for seniors.
- The Lincolnshire area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital and Highland Park Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lincolnshire
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Lincolnshire start around $6,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lincolnshire and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lincolnshire
In Illinois, the HCBS Medicaid Waiver for Supportive Living Facilities helps eligible seniors pay for care services in some assisted living communities, but not room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lincolnshire, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lincolnshire, IL
Other Options in Lincolnshire, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lincolnshire
Review of Sedgebrook
If you would to meet friendly interesting people and would like to have a choice of activities and would like to live in a very lovely apartment I think you should move to Sedgebrook Sedge... Read more
Review of The Wellshire Lincolnshire
My greatest regret about Wellshire is that we didn’t find it sooner. If my mother had been able to start her assisted living years in the arms of Wellshire, I believe that she would still be the br... Read more
Review of The Wellshire Lincolnshire
The Ponds is very nice. They have very good staff. I heard that it has recently been sold to a big company so I hope that they maintain the level of care they are providing. The facility is extreme... Read more