34 Assisted Living Facilities near Long Grove, IL
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Long Grove area, with 2 in Long Grove and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Long Grove is $4,322 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Buffalo Grove with an average starting cost of $3,477.
To help you with your search, browse the 181 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Long Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Long Grove 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Vernon Hills with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Long Grove find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Long Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Long Grove, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Long Grove
Despite being located just 35 miles from Chicago, the historic village of Long Grove, Illinois, cultivates a relaxed atmosphere and old-fashioned charm that has plenty of appeal for seniors who enjoy a quieter pace. A little over 13 percent of the approximately 8,000 residents are age 65 or older, leading to a thriving senior community.
Residents can choose from two assisted living facilities in Long Grove itself, and an additional 29 facilities are located in nearby communities. They are regulated on a state level by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Assisted living facilities are required to provide residents with certain services, including serving three meals a day, providing housecleaning and laundry services, and maintaining 24-hour security and emergency communication response systems for resident safety.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Long Grove
- Long Grove is often considered to be an expensive place to live. This is mostly due to extremely high real estate costs, which may not impact seniors in assisted living. Residents generally spend slightly less than the national average on groceries, health, and utilities.
- Winters in Long Grove tend to be cold and harsh. It typically receives around 40 inches of snow a year, which may make it difficult for active seniors to get around. Summers tend to be fairly mild, with typical July highs in the low 80s.
- Public transportation in Long Grove is limited, which can make it difficult for seniors who don't drive. There is no public bus system, and the nearest Metra train stations are located in the neighboring towns of Buffalo Grove and Arlington Heights. Taxis and ridesharing options are available.
- Long Grove's thriving Historic Downtown district offers plenty of art and culture despite the town's small size. The town hosts multiple festivals each year, including Vintage Days, Strawberry Fest and Apple Fest.
- The Long Grove area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northwest Community Healthcare Hospital in neighboring Arlington Heights, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lake County, in which Long Grove is located, was given an "F" rating for air quality by the American Lung Association due to high ozone levels. Seniors with respiratory illnesses may be at risk.
Paying for Assisted Living in Long Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Long Grove start around $4,622 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Long Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Long Grove
Seniors who are eligible for Medicaid may qualify for the Illinois Supportive Living Program, which pays for daily care tasks that are not usually covered by Medicaid. The state's Community Care Program also provides coverage for similar services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Long Grove
Long Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Long Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Long Grove
Long Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Long Grove, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Long Grove
Review of Arboria of Long Grove
We went to Arboria of Long Grove. It's been very good so far, they've been prompt in answering any questions, they were very kind to my mom when we had a visit, and they're doing a great job. The e... Read more
Review of Arboria of Long Grove
The layout of Arboria of Long Grove is excellent. It's very nice. My mother-in-law hasn't been there long enough, but so far we don't have a problem. The dining area is very nice. It's one of the f... Read more
Review of Arboria of Long Grove
My wife is now in Arboria of Long Grove. The most important thing is the level of care of the place, and in my short stay there, everybody is caring. The apartments are excellent. The facility is A... Read more