Brookdale Vernon Hills

Reviews of Brookdale Vernon Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Vernon Hills

July 01, 2016

By Lynda081376

Brookdale Vernon Hills was a wonderful place. The setting itself was just gorgeous. The full-grown trees in the pool area were just great, and the food service was wonderful. The staff was attentive. It's secure, clean, and very homey. They had entertainment for the residents and tons of things to do.

December 16, 2015

By Jim117561350

We would never have agreed to move my mother into Brookdale Vernon Hills if we didn't think it was right for her. They have various, multiple activities every day including some of the routine ones and, of course, there's always bingo. They have a number of movies, performances, and lectures. The food is good; she likes it. I've tried it myself and for what it is, it's very good. They have a larger dining room and a smaller one for the assisted living people. They could choose whether they want to eat in the larger one or the smaller, more intimate, less noisy one.

July 14, 2015

My parents are in Brookdale Vernon Hills (Formerly The Park at Vernon Hills). It's very good, the environment is beautiful, and the service seems to be very caring. The apartments are lovely. They offer a variety of things like exercise classes and movies. The dining room is lovely, and the food is good. The public spaces are beautiful.

June 20, 2015

By Gail35

Brookdale was very nice and expensive. Mom only lived there for a year, and the apartments were gorgeous. They had like a rainforest in the middle of it, and she looked out over the rainforest. The dining and the food were very nice. They had things for the residents; they do little parties and bingo. They did have a swimming pool and waterfall in the middle of the rainforest. It was just too expensive.

May 15, 2015

By Mollie4

We visited Brookdale in Vernon Hills, and they were fine. The staff seems to be friendly. It was clean, but I wouldn't say it was spacious. They do some recreational activities, like I know they have the residents playing cards, exercising, having social events, and going on trips.

June 27, 2014

Right now my mom is at a Brookdale facility in Vernon Hills. We are trying that out, and she seems to like it. It is pretty independent. She has been there for about six months, and we are seeing that she enjoys it. She likes being around the people and the activities. She's getting more and more acclimated. She's at The Park in Vernon Hills, which is now Brookdale Vernon Hills, and she seems very happy there. She doesn't require a lot. She is very simple, and she is very satisfied with everything, and we are too. It's just nice for her. They come and clean her room once a week. The common areas seem to be nicely maintained. There are some common areas, like the bathroom on the first floor, that look like they could be updated for the next couple of years, but I think for the most part when you walk in the staff is very friendly, the downstairs is inviting, and it's got a nice vibes to it. They seem to take very good care of it. The hallways and all that stuff are clean. I really don't have too many complaints.

June 18, 2014

The staff at The Park was very friendly and accommodating. They met my schedule and answered my questions. They were very good.

May 29, 2014

At The Park at Vernon Hills, they were friendly. It looked like an exceptional place. The rooms looked like they were well maintained.

October 25, 2013

The Park was an okay facility. We knew a couple of couples that were there and they liked it. The rooms are nice, but they were just a little small.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Vernon Hills

November 30, 2015

By Christine116983350

The staff at Brookdale Vernon Hills was extraordinary. My father stayed there for a few weeks for post rehab and strengthening. They were accommodating and gracious. The food was very good. They have stunning indoor garden. It’s a whole huge room, like a rainforest area. It’s so pleasant. My father’s room was pleasant as well. It was small, but it’s nicely furnished, handicap accessible, and seemed very welcoming for anyone who would come in. It had a little kitchenette, which was nice.

September 06, 2015

By Bright ideas

Staff is wonderful, upper management needs some training in respect.

April 29, 2015

It was very attractive and well-appointed. When you walk in, it's very inviting, and the people were friendly. I had a very nice tour. The person who took me around was very informative. The rooms were very well-appointed and very nice. They just put $2M dollars into it to update, paint, and things like that. It was very fresh looking, and it has all the amenities that most of the other places have as far as a game room and a lot of things available for the residents as far as getting together to play chess or exercise class or anything like that. They have a really pretty dining room, and right in the middle of the building, there was an atrium that has a really pretty pool with a little waterfall; it was very nice to walk through there. It was very serene.

April 07, 2015

By Eddy1

Brookdale Vernon Hills is good. I like it here. The staff has been pretty good to me. We have lots of activities like playing bridge or watching movies. I have a one-bedroom apartment.

December 10, 2014

I visited my sister-in-law when she was in The Park in Vernon Hills, and I thought that was very good. She liked it, and she was able to transition from independent living to assisted living.  Unfortunately, she has passed away now, but I thought it was very good while she was there.

November 30, 2014

By Caring11222014_02

The Park in Vernon Hills was very nice too. I was there at least a year ago. It’s a lovely place. The thing that attracted me was the indoor rain forest; it was really beautiful. It has an indoor pool that you can use too. When I was there, it was 3 below 0, and there were people swimming so that was really the main thing that I was interested in. The person who took me around was very nice. She’s been in touch two or three times, but at that time my husband was in a nursing home, and I was just planning ahead to what my future might hold. I saw the apartments; it was very nice. A very nice lady was hospitable to let us in. You bring your own furniture as far as I understand. There’s plenty to do; you can choose to do what you want or nothing -- it’s entirely up to you. They have a nice exercise program, happy hour on Fridays, transportation, and trips to entertainment and stores. They also have a lovely atrium area.

September 29, 2014

By JS5

The facility was very active and alive during my two visits. The employees were friendly and helpful. The hallways seemed dark and maneuverability around the elevators was narrow (especially for a walker).

September 29, 2013

By Barbim42

The Park had one apartment that matched what we wanted. However, it was dark, dreary and dingy. We came in at the time that people were going in to eat and it was like sharks at a feeding frenzy. They were tripping over each other trying to get in the dining room first. The staff was very good and their amenities were great. If the bus was busy and you needed some place to go, there was a chauffer car that would take you. They had activities but I wasn't impressed with the environment of the entire community.

August 25, 2013

By Melissa6

The Park at Vernon Hills was very nice. They had a rain forest at one area with all the trees in the middle. It was in the main lobby; it was surrounded by the room and it was lovely. They had plenty of space for parties and they had happy hours as well as weddings. Their food was very good. They had activities like arts, entertainment and exercise. They also had shopping trips. The only trouble that I had with them was that their rooms were very small.

October 28, 2012

By Bertine

I just placed my daughter in The Park at Vernon Hills, so right now I'm still assessing things. It's closer to my home, I can be there in 15 minutes or so. It offers everything and anything I could have wished for. I actually have her in the independent living program there. They offer a lot of social activities, taking them out into the community regularly, they go out to local restaurants with live theater performance. It's been absolutely wonderful. It's close to beautiful rainforest. They have swimming pools, saunas, they do bingos, and they got every kind of club. She's in the walking club. It's a big property, so there are plenty of places for her to walk around safely. They have many options more than what she really needs. My daughter's problems were too many brain injury with short-term memory problems. But she's functional enough to have an appreciation for a small studio apartment she has and the activities. The food is like going to the Hyatt Hotel. She has two meals a day, they do Sunday brunch. Nothing is depressing about the place and nothing that gives you an opinion of old. It's a very ideal situation.

June 26, 2012

By rueffingserious

The place is completely beautiful. It almost feels like a resort while being there, especially the amenities. They have beautiful community rooms and crafts room. But my personal favorite, and my grandfather's too, is their indoor pool just because it has a waterfall. The staff there is so great as well. They are all very kind and always willing to help out. They all emanate this positive vibe out of them, it makes their guests and everyone living there feel relaxed and safe. They provide so many different activities that it's almost impossible to spend a day being bored. Their activities range from book clubs to fitness to even guest speakers. They also provide great assistance/services with barbers, errands, deliveries, meals, transportation, house keeping, wellness programs, respite care, and so forth. Their amenities include dining rooms, resident parking, common areas, spas, visiting areas, smoke detectors and so many other things. It's a little bit expensive, but it's worth every penny.

September 30, 2011

By valpal

My Grandfather lives in one of the prettiest assisted living facilities I have ever seen. He is staying at The Park in Lincolnshire and From the out side the place looks like your average facility. When you walk in, you are transformed. The setting inside looks like a rain forest, with a real atrium that is just amazing. Every apartment has a view of the plants, and in the middle of the atrium is a pool and a waterfall. Aside from looks, the staff seems to really care. They are always saying hi to people and all seem really patient. There are also a ton of activities for the seniors to do, anything from bingo to seeing live music. I visit my grandfather once a week, and I always take my two young children (ages 4&5). They love it there. They walk through the atrium (or they like to call it the jungle), they usually swim, and they love saying hi to everyone who lives there. Overall, I would say this is just a lovely place to live, and my grandfather can never stop bragging about how he is the one that lives there.

Photos of Brookdale Vernon Hills

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Vernon Hills

About Brookdale Vernon Hills

Brookdale Vernon Hills provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Resort style living featuring vacation-style amenities, concierge service, fine dining and indoor rainforest

Map of Brookdale Vernon Hills