Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

August 21, 2021

By Linda

Solstice Senior Living at Palatine is strictly rental. I went there to visit my friend. It's a nice apartment; the one I saw was a 1-bedroom. It's a little bit older. The kitchen was very nice, but a little dated. It had everything you needed though. What I liked about it was the hallways were wider and more spacious. They also have a lot of activities. They have a dining room, and I understand that the food is pretty good. The staff was very friendly. I also went on a real tour with one of the staff. It's a very nice facility and much more affordable than the other place I saw. They have a much more reasonable rent.

December 20, 2020

By Kevin

We chose Solstice Senior Living at Palatine for my mom. It was geographically close to us, and we liked the facility. The staff is very good and very attentive. She was not thrilled with the food, but they just fired the chef, so they were addressing that. Her room is very nice, and has a lot of room. They do have several activities, but because of COVID, it's very limited right now. They have a gym. The facility is very well maintained, it's good value, she's paying what she paid for a studio, but she's getting 1-bedroom, better food, smaller, better maintained, and a nice area.

That is wonderful to hear, Kevin! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with our team at Solstice Senior Living at Palatine. It's great to know that we continue to provide our residents with everything they need. Have a great day!

September 15, 2020

By Stephanie

We did an actual tour of Solstice Senior Living at Palatine. It was old and dingy; it was very old-looking. The staff was very nice, very friendly, and she followed up. However, the facilities were nowhere near the other place; you couldn't compare between the two. They had some of the same amenities, but we didn't pay attention once we saw the building, started looking inside, and saw the apartments. It was so old and dingy that we were kinda dismissive at that point. They need to really modernize the facility. They need to update it because it is very outdated.

Hello, Stephanie. Thank you for expressing your concerns with our community. We do our very best to make sure that our residents receive the best living experience possible. From our Vibrant Life program to our community modifications and renovations, our staff is constantly looking at ways to accommodate our residents and their loved ones. Please feel free to reach out to our director of sales and marketing, Kelly Raske, as we would love to speak with you and your family about these concerns. Thanks!

March 18, 2020

By Lee B

This independent senior living community is wonderful. It is beautifully cleaned and they offer engaging activities for all to enjoy. I like that fact that my grandma can get assistance if she needs it in the future. The staff is warm and genuine and they are attentive as well. The food is good and I am very happy with the overall experience. I would recommend this to any senior looking for a great community!

October 18, 2019

By VF

The director at Solstice Senior Living at Palatine was fantastic. We're very impressed with him. The only reason I would've considered going there was because of his excellent ideas for how he was going to improve things and what he has done already as far as upgrading some of the units. However, the dining room was kind of gloomy and when you come up, the entrance had chairs with residents sitting out in front, which was not a wonderful greeting. The entrance needs to be made open, more welcoming and there has to be another place for people to sit if they want to sit outside. As you're driving up, it's hard to even get in because of so many chairs sitting out there. The lunch we had was okay. It's the least expensive of any of the places we looked at.

November 09, 2018

By Mark

I found a place for my sister. It is called Solstice Senior Living at Palatine. It is adequate. The price is good. The people seem very friendly. The place looks very nice. The staff members are very helpful and knowledgeable. They have everything that she needs from physical therapy to a nice dining area. I like the people too. A few people have visited her in her room.

May 09, 2017

By Don862245

It's rooms were nice, but the building had an unsecure kind of a feeling. The entry way was dark and small. It was a nice, clean place, but I got a bad impression right off the bat.

March 26, 2017

By MM560774

I like it. The first thing that popped out was it was clean. The staff was very nice. I enjoyed the whole visit. They have a chapel. They have a couple of family meeting room-type things. They have arts and crafts. We had lunch; the food was OK. I like the location where it is. It’s so close to downtown Palatine, and it’s in a neighborhood that gives you a homey feeling.

December 15, 2016

By Janice521738

I visited. The place was very upbeat and had a homey environment. They were living, not just existing. I was very impressed.

December 05, 2016

By Bonnie685528

We were not impressed at all. The building was much older, and the room wasn't something we wanted to think about. The staff who assisted us was fine; she presented everything they had, but we just did not care for the facility. They did have some activities, there was an activity room where they could do crafts, and there were ladies in the beauty shop. The dining area was clean, neat, and bright.

September 11, 2016

By Jean758301

I visited, which was in my neighborhood. It was an older building, but it was clean and convenient, and they have their own bus for transportation if you needed to visit your doctor. I found the units to be very small with no washer and dryer inside. It was reasonable and not exceptionally expensive. The associate who showed me around was very informative. There were big rooms for activities, like entertainment, to play games, or to have a speaker. I also saw the dining area which looked very nice.

May 10, 2016

By Robert124524050

I was impressed. The rooms were very nice. They have activities like outings but my sister did not participate too much in their activities. The dining area has ample space with nice arrangement of the tables and a pleasant entry, clean and sociable, not cafeteria-style. The people there all seemed to be pleased with the facility.

December 21, 2015

By Theresa40

It is a very nice facility. I like its location. The patients seemed to be very well cared for. The facility was clean, and the staff were fantastic. I had lunch with them, and everything was very good. They have exercise programs, entertainment programs, especially on Saturdays, (when) entertainers coming in. They have games, like bingo, too.

December 10, 2015

By Carol116866550

We visited and it was nice and clean but a little old. The rooms weren't bad. We would be downsizing, but that's OK. They were nice and kept clean.

November 30, 2015

It was a very nice place. Everyone was friendly and accepting of the new person. I enjoyed the people there. The thing that I was unhappy about personally was that the laundry was only on the floor and not in the apartment. They also do not provide parking, and that was important to me at that time. They have noisy air conditioning and also lack storage units; those were the negative things.

October 30, 2015

By Anonymous114200750

It was fine, but I can't afford what they have. The food was very good, the rooms were fine, and the cleanliness was good. The staff seemed friendly and helpful.

October 28, 2015

By Marc R.

My friend has already been placed here. The rooms are nice. The staff is good. The dining room does leave a little bit to be desired. They should have a wider variety of food. Sometimes at night, they just order pizzas out for everybody, and it is not really a treat when it is done a couple of times a week.

January 29, 2015

Everyone was very friendly -- the workers and the residents. I did have lunch with a couple of staff, and they were pleasant. They have miniature ponies that come and visit.

November 14, 2014

By Dan29

The one I like the most of the facilities I've visited is here, but it just didn’t suit our needs. The only issue that we thought it wouldn’t work for us is the security issue. I don’t want my dad to wander off and they don’t have security. As far as the facility itself, we love it. Everything was clean and they offer a lot of activities. The rooms were of nice size and the price was OK.

September 23, 2014

By Tom94707150

Everything looked fine. The staff was very accommodating. We had lunch there and then I went a second time and I brought my daughter with us and she also thought it was nice. The food was good and they had a nice selection too. The dining area wasn't really that big, but there was enough room for the people and it had good service because of their waiters and everything. It was pretty good. The residents that we saw and came in contact with seemed to be happy and satisfied.

August 30, 2014

We took a brief tour and I liked it a lot. I think it would be perfect for her because it’s independent. The rooms were very nice as well as the staff. They have a bus that takes the residents to their doctor's appointments. They also watch movies and have all kinds of clubs, like crocheting club.

May 29, 2014

By Bill48

I visited and I liked it very much. It was very nice. The staff was absolutely excellent. The rooms were very nice and absolutely spacious. They have activities, from your average, everyday reading, to church, to piano, and all sorts of nice things.

May 14, 2013

By Elaine8

It was nicely done although it was not brand new. They had all the services you needed like assisted living if you need to transfer. The location was also convenient for me. The staff were really friendly and nice, but the price was very expensive.

November 07, 2012

By Grandma's girl1

It is a wonderful community for people you love and care about to live. The staff was cheerful, kind and considerate. They developed a sense of community amongst their residents by always having many different activities. My Grams is a foodie, I was delighted to find the food they served was restaurant quality, served on china in a beautiful dining room. Of course they could take their meals in their apartments, but my Grams really looked forward to meeting her new friends for meals. They also had rooms our family could use to have parties, We had a Christmas Party with over 50 people. My Grandmother's apartment was charming, cozy, but spacious. It has beautiful, built-in bookshelves in the living room, lots of windows, a dining room big enough for Gram's dining room furniture. A kitchen, with all the amenities a cook needs. Her bedroom was spacious and conducive for resting. Her bathroom was outfitted with all the necessary equipment, even her shower was special in that it had a chair, and a hand nozzle that was easy for her to use. They have amenities such as a beauty parlor, exercise machines, a chapel, and lots of caring staff. My grandmother could not be in better care.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Palatine. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range in age from early 70's to late 90's. We hold 300+ activities every month that appeal to a wide variety of interests. They include exercise, card games, trivia, and arts and crafts.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are in downtown Palatine, so within walking distance or a short drive to shops and restaurants.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Palatine has organized?

There are numerous events scheduled every month, including excursions to museums, parks, restaurants and the farmers' market.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Palatine offer to independent living residents?

Our residents may utilize the Solstice van for transportation to scheduled events and to other destinations within a fifteen mile radius of our building.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Palatine exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We serve three meals daily, with seven main course choices at each one. There also is a complimentary snack bar that is open 24/7.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

There are common areas on all floors, including a card room, a library, a fitness room and a rooftop terrace.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Palatine offer to independent living residents?

Our outside doors are locked at 6:00 pm and require a key to open.

If Solstice Senior Living at Palatine accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Dogs and cats are welcome.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Palatine