Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes Vernon Hills, IL

Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes

December 30, 2015

I’d say the advantage is where Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes is located. They were located very close to a lot of nice shopping areas. It’s right next to a large mall; there are lots of Target stores and food around there as well. It is right by a little lake. They were very accommodating, very flexible, and very willing to meet with me and showed me around.

November 30, 2015

By Christine116983350

Brookdale staff was very pleasant and welcoming. The place was nice and seemed very well kept.

August 13, 2014

By Kathy90675050

My mom is in the independent living at Hawthorn Lakes for six years. She is in a room with a small kitchen, a bath, a bedroom and a living room. They have group activities. They have movies. They play bingo and Wii. They have outside activities. However, they have a lot of change on staff there over the years.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

June 21, 2014

By Hopeful1234

The place was very pretty but we just didn't feel the apartment was overpriced for how small it was. The Sales and Marketing director was the one who gave us a tour. She was rude and seemed a little desperate to make a sale. We felt very pressured by her and even caught her lying about a couple things. She said hello to a couple residents and obviously called them by the wrong name. Would have loved to move my mom here but the sales lady was just plain bad.

Thank you for your feedback! We will be passing this information along to our management for review.

May 29, 2014

Hawthorn Lakes was nice. The staff was very friendly. The rooms looked like they were well maintained.

April 27, 2014

By B Fields

My parents lived here for 4 years and it was the best place for them. Although the later stages of life bring many challenges, I have more happy than sad memories of their days living here. Great food, wonderful, caring staff and lively and interesting entertainment. The physical therapy department helped my Dad walk again, after a terrible bout of spinal stenosis. I couldn't thank Hawthorn Lakes enough.

October 25, 2013

I like the location of Hawthorne Lakes because its near shopping and there are a lot of restaurants in the immediate neighborhood. We had a couple of dinners there and the food was very good. We attended a religious service that my wife liked. The staff were very nice people.

September 29, 2013

By Barbim42

I loved Hawthorn Lakes. My mother-in-law lived there for 12 years. She liked it very much and I liked the atmosphere when she was there. While we were there for a visit, we ran into one of the maintenance people who remembered my mother-in-law. He even remembered what apartment she was in. They had big, very bright and cheerful apartments. They had a nice, big kitchen with an actual stove, an oven and a microwave. It had an atrium all the way up and nice walking areas. As people were moving out and they were remodeling the rooms, they placed a shower instead of a bath tub which I thought was great because elderly people do not have to try to step into a bath tub. The lady that showed me around was marvelous. They had a lot of activities. They had a bus that would take people out on outings. It is an old community but they were gorgeous.

September 24, 2013

By Maureen6

It seemed to be a very nice place. The staff was very caring. The food was good. However, the residents were a little less self-sufficient. They might need a higher level of care and it didn't have the same homey feeling that we got from the facility that we chose. The decor of the apartments needed refurbishing. But I would recommend them to others.

August 26, 2013

By Melissa6

The rooms at Hawthorn Lakes were much bigger. There were more choices of two-bedroom apartments and that's where we would probably go because we have lots of furniture. The staff was great. Everybody was very friendly and welcoming. The food was very good. They had art class, entertainment, exercise and shopping trips.

November 02, 2012

By silenthush

This facility is best describe as an alternative home for people who need 24-hour care and assistance. The facility itself, is huge and clean. It has all the amenities needed. Reception, receiving area, dining room and entertainment area. Even grocery, for easy access in buying basic necessities. People working there are professional, respectful and very courteous. They do provide good service to the seniors. They have time to pray and play. A lot of outside sponsors like caregiver agencies provide the seniors with free entertaining activities. I have a great time touring around the building, they have all the services needed. Very interesting. Families and friends are all welcome to come and visit their loved ones. People working there are all friendly and approachable. Caregivers and CNA's are very polite. Nurses are well-trained and respectful. Receptionist is courteous and helpful. Officers-in-charge are responsible and well-organize. The environment is safe and neat. The parking area is well-organized. It is huge and has enough spaces for visitors (family, friends, workers and suppliers) to stay.My client loves to stay here. In fact, she lives here for two years already. She's happy and contented. The rate per month is reasonable, too. She said she gets all she wants. Everything is accessible and everyone is helpful.

September 12, 2012

By king1

Very clean comfortable facility. Good amenities with great staff and atmosphere. Really felt like home.

June 29, 2012

By Gardener86

The immediate feeling of this facility was that the location was optimal for our family and the grounds were well kept and relaxing. This was especially important for my grandmother's often day to day condition and the relaxing atmosphere facilitated more "good" days than "bad" and made her "bad" days less severe. The staff was knowledgeable and very accommodating, showing my family every aspect of their facility showing fully transparency of their operations. We immediately felt safe and welcome amongst the staff and fellow residents who seemed in good spirits and well cared for. We were shown the rooms, dining facilities, recreation areas and, most importantly, their state of the art medical facilities, which was an important concern for us. Our only minor complaint was that the room appointments were rather bare, but with a little tender love and care could be made more comfortable for my grandmother who has always been use to a very homely atmosphere.

June 23, 2012

By Catherine3

I think this facility is great. The size of their apartments is very nice. The location is also good because it's very close to both family members. My mom had been there for only a week but there are a lot of things to keep her busy and already met some wonderful residents. She's just very happy there. We've eaten there and she loves the food. She gets 16 meals per month. It's operated like a restaurant and it's very nice.

April 13, 2012

By Lorryn

Hawthor Lakes was the only facility that I visited that I felt safe and secure sending my father to. It was clean, a ton of activities. The staff I spoke to were genuinely caring and warm. My Father has been well taken care of and seems really happy. I feel he is in much better care at Hawthorn Lakes than at home as the staff know how to best handle his alzheimers. He has made many friends. I was so worried about making a choice like this but now I know with Hawthorn Lakes he is at the best place! I hope they are around when it is my turn!

June 22, 2011

By MichAsp

I was really touched by the way the staff took care of my uncle in this facility. From what I have seen and observed here, they not only provide a huge number of facilities but also assist him in a very efficient and professional manner in everyday activities. My uncle himself seems to be very happy in his new home and tells a lot about all the health and internet facilities provided to him. I also was very impressed by the scenic views along with the clean and safe environment they have maintained in and around the facility location. The health report they provide for my uncle is also of great help. I will continue to recommend this facility to everyone so that others can also choose the right home for their loving ones.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes

July 28, 2014

By harchicago

Moving my parents here in Feb. far surpassed our expectations. My mom had been ready to move in for about a year and my dad was completely resistant. It has been such a great move for my parents. The activities are great, they love the meals, but I think what is the best part of all is the staff is ALL so kind and caring. From the day my parents arrived the staff have shown their kindness. My parents entire quality of life is better on every level and they are both so happy. For me it's a huge piece of mind that they're there and can age in place. It has been a wonderful experience for our family.

April 29, 2014

By Caring82019550

We visited Hawthorn Lakes. People seemed happy. My father, for some reason, didn’t like it. He thought it was too busy, but I think that he’s just mentally not ready to move into that type of a facility. The apartments were very nice, very clean, and spacious. We were able to have lunch there, so we were able to check out the food, which is very good. They get two meals a day, and there were activities. There is a physical therapy room there. They had a workout room, a hairdresser, and a library.

April 26, 2014

My mother is in Hawthorn Lakes, and they are terrific. We chose it because it is local. It is incredible how much they have going on there. They have card games, interactive games, dances, music, poker, bridge, and pool. They have outings. They have a theatre. They have book study clubs. You name it, they have it. They have nice rooms. Everything is clean and well-kept. They are awesome and amazing. I cannot say anything bad about them.

March 27, 2014

At Hawthorn Lakes, we were able to get into an apartment that is over 1000 square feet, which is still small, but it is larger than any we could have gotten at other places. This facility is independent living with a little bit of help. It is a little bit pricey though, but it is worth it. We are happy with everything. We did have a few minor problems when we came in with the computer getting hooked up and stuff like that. Also, the telephone system could be improved too. They have a lot of activities there. Unfortunately, about two to three weeks after we checked in, my wife began to have little problems with her MS, and she has been in bed most of the time since then. We haven't really participated in any of their activities. Before that though, she played bingo. They have bingo once or twice a week. They show movies. We would like to watch some of them, but we can't get out to that because we have to get my wife in and out of bed for everything and it is very tough on her. Overall, I think it is a very nice place. It is also very clean. The people who work there are very friendly. They know my name. Most of the people who I passed by in the lobby or dining room would say hi to me. This place just has a very nice, friendly atmosphere. The staff here is much more personally involved. They are much better.

December 29, 2013

By Joya L.

I move my parents last June in Hawthorn Lakes. It is a Brookdale community. I personally enjoy the staff and the cleanliness of the facility. The cost is very reasonable and most important for my parents is the location. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The treat my parents like family. They always had activities every day. Today mommy is telling me about two activities they have. It is not just "let's go downstairs and let's exercise", but two parties. She is constantly going in and out of their apartment. They have two meals without extra cost. You can have breakfast, lunch or dinner. Then can also have three meals a day and if my parents doesn't want to go to the dining room, the can request room service for additional charge. The food is good and the portions are perfect for their age. My husband walks away hungry when we join them for dinner. But my parents have never complained that they didn't have enough to eat. They do have a kitchen and my parents have stove and refrigerator. They just don't have a dishwasher. But that's okay because we don't want them to cook. So, it is awesome. I will recommend them. If you have older parents, that's where they got to go.

September 25, 2013

By Charlotte13

I liked the apartments at Hawthorn Lakes because they were beautiful. The staff was very nice. The food was good. They had different activities. However, in their independent living facility, the parking was too far away. I would recommend it to people who could walk far to go to the parking area.

August 26, 2013

By Barbim42

This is one of the nicest places to live. Beautiful and spacious apartments.

Photos of Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes

About Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes

Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes