The Village at Victory Lakes Lindenhurst, IL

Assisted Living Reviews for The Village at Victory Lakes

Independent Living Reviews for The Village at Victory Lakes

March 18, 2017

By donahueil-1

I have experienced this facility both as a family member, and as a resident. My wife stayed at the Assisted Living section for about 15 months starting in 2013. The staff was competent and caring. There were issues, as there will always be when caring for a loved one in a place away from home. The activities and accommodations were very nice. Facility was clean and issues were addressed quickly, and properly. My wife moved into the "skilled nursing" section in 2015. As her condition changed there were issues that were raised by other family members, staff and visitors. Most of the problems were dispatched once brought to the attention of the staff. There was an occasional lack of attention to details, but in each instance, once the problem was identified and communicated to the management, it was fixed. In later 2016 I was admitted as a patient for about 10 days. My stay at Victory Lakes was interesting as I was one of the first patients that was placed in the type of room that they are preparing for more ambulatory guests. The room and facilities were pretty good, and the staff was interested in learning how the next generation of residents will want to be treated. All and all, it is a good place, and one of few that provide full serve facilities for a diverse and aging customers.

January 24, 2017

By JohnsonKarin

I will update after my moms rehab is complete but for now.....Major communication issues here. Appears very unorganized. My mom has been a patient for less than 24hours and already has received a notice from VL that her covered care will end in 5 days! She's still in a wheel chair! Karin Johnson

March 24, 2016

By mccscrum

Do not stop, do not go in, do not be lulled into staying. Our loved one went from rehab to nursing care at VL. He was put into a hospice program. He did not need it. The hospice doctor and/or nurse would come and spend four minutes and overprescribe medications (that he was taken off after leaving). The staff would not respond to buzzers and were more interested in tucking people into bed than dealing with any situations (such as checking for rashes). The facility lost brand new clothes, they marked clothes that they were never given permission to mark, etc. The food was terrible - the coffee was colored water, the meats were gummy, and the savories were never savory. We pulled our loved one out of VL and he immediately improved - no drugs, no pads, no wheelchair, etc. They only want your money - run from this establishment. PS - I was at the facility every day for two and one half months - I was not a weekend hour visitor.

February 26, 2016

By Happy visitor49

The Village at Victory Lakes was clean. Things weren’t chaotic or anything. They had a good program, and they had a daily menu of services. If you got worse or something, then you’ll have more assisted-living, and things like that. What I didn’t like about it was the fact that you would have to buy-in. Say, if I wanted a studio; I will have to pay $141,000 or whatever it was. I’d get 90-percent back, but still there’s that buy-in along with the monthly fee. There are recreational facilities, exercise facilities, and group activities like trips. They have a bus to get off the grounds, churches, doctors, and things like that.

November 05, 2014

By Dana15

We visited The Village. It’s in the county that I live in. The decorating is very tasteful. It’s very lovely, but my only problem with it is as far as my husband and me, it’s not suitable in that it has a bar or they call the pub in the middle of the place. That wouldn’t bother most people, but it bothers us. The staff seemed very competent. They drive the people in a bus, and they come to community concerts. It’s run by some Dominican nuns and I’ve recommended this to my friends who happen to be Catholic.

August 02, 2013

By Martha Garrett

My mother over the years has enjoyed living here at Victory Lakes, but not anymore. Some of the staff are wonderful, others are questionable. This year while my mother was away from her apartment (Independent living) someone accessed her place and was looking into her personnel property without permission. I noticed this myself since I was there prior to this incident and everything was fine. I find it questionable that people have keys to enter a resident's home without their permission. This facility is beautiful inside and out and the dining hall staff and the wellness center people are wonderful to her. The food is not as good as it use to be - its just OK. As far as the Amenities in the building, they are pretty good compared to other retirement places. In the past when my parents were looking into a facility to retire, the most important thing to them was their safety, medical needs near by, and a relaxed environment. At that time this facility met those requirements. At this time, it does not!

Nursing Home Reviews for The Village at Victory Lakes

About The Village at Victory Lakes

Covering a sprawling 38 acres in scenic Lake County, The Village at Victory Lakes in Lindenhurst, IL, offers independent living apartments and garden homes as well as assisted living and skilled nursing services.

Complete with a health and fitness center, library, country store, scheduled transportation, peaceful outdoor walking paths and planned social, recreational, spiritual, educational and cultural activities, The Village at Victory Lakes provides the highest level of service to its residents.

Map of The Village at Victory Lakes