Sunrise of Buffalo Grove

Reviews of Sunrise of Buffalo Grove

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Buffalo Grove

November 24, 2015

By anonymous116464450

I chose Sunrise because the people were friendly, and I liked the way it was run. Everything was great, and the place was bright and cheerful.

November 15, 2015

Sunrise of Buffalo Grove was very nice and very clean, the people were very friendly, and the staff was very professional. The rooms were really pretty. The people seemed to be doing the normal things, like crafts, watching television, and singing. The dining area was very clean and very well laid-out.

July 29, 2014

By Nancy79776850

I moved mom to Sunrise of Buffalo Grove. It's just been three weeks since she was there and they made it sure she is comfortable and try to help her adjust. I chose it because it was small and it seemed like there the ratio of the caregivers to the residents were better. It's a great place. The staff was fabulous. They are very nice and caring. They call me when they have concerns. Every one of my friends that have gone with me to visit my mother has said, "I want to live here". I want to live there too. The rooms were very nice. They seemed more than accommodating to the residents. They are very clean and the facility is pet friendly. With their activities, they do have an activity room and they do exercises. They also play bingo and make some things like bracelets. I like everything about this place.

August 09, 2013

By sockmonkey1

We recently found ourselves in need of care for our Mother. I had no idea where to start. Caring.Inc provided several locations to look at. We were so pleased by this facility. The most important thing was Mom's safety. The care givers were everywhere with the residents. I loved the amount of activities offered to the residents. We had lunch there several times and found the food of an excellent quality. We moved Mom in a week ago and no longer fear for her safety. If there is anything I could view as needing improvement is more assistance in the paperwork. As expected there is a great deal of paperwork and we have found it necessary to obtain information multiple times from Mom's Dr. It is a stressful time when making this life altering change for our Mother. The need for additional work does not help the stress level. I feel so much better that Mom is now taken care of so well.

July 11, 2012

By mfriman17

The entrance is very large and there is a staircase that goes up to the second floor. The room right next to the entrance is spacious and has a old fashioned popcorn machine that is very cool. The rooms are extremely large, but the downside is there is no living area in some of the room. The bathroom is big and easy to use. The color scheme is a little depression because it seems like it is too old-fashioned and not modern enough but other than that it seems like it would be a nice place to live.

December 13, 2011

This is an awesome facility! The entire staff is so nice, and it just feels homey. They have a large dining room with delicious - sounding meals, and a parlor room with TV and a fireplace to stay cozy during the winter months. The rooms are spacious and clean, and there are various activities for the residents. There is bingo, concerts, trips, movies, exercise and so much more. The caretakers are nice and warm to all the residents, and there are even volunteers that come to help out. During my visit, I saw two volunteers playing a game with a resident, and another doing a puzzle with one. Everything is nice and spacious, and there is even an old jukebox (that doesn't work but is still a nice addition) and popcorn machine with actually popcorn that you can eat. Also, the facility is located close to a store plaza with Wendy's, Dominick's, a pizza place, and more, so it's easy to take your loved one out to breakfast, lunch or dinner. There are games that you can play any time you want, like banana grams, scrabble, left right center, and more. In addition to all this, every resident gets their own "memory box", made by volunteers with stickers, cutouts and photos of the resident and things that he/she likes. This is a wonderful place and I would recommend it to anyone.

Questions about Sunrise of Buffalo Grove

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

ongoing, behavioral expressions

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Buffalo Grove. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

85 years old. Socializing, games, reading

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Buffalo Grove offer to enrich residents' well-being?

music, spiritual, arts, outings

What places are near Sunrise of Buffalo Grove or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Beautiful walking path on grounds. Shopping Center nearby including Marshalls, Mariano's and more!

What transportation services does Sunrise of Buffalo Grove offer to assisted living residents?

Outings to restaurants, museums and more!

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Buffalo Grove offer to assisted living residents?

Concierge on duty 7am - 7pm, doors locked after hours.

How does Sunrise of Buffalo Grove keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Via phone and email.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Buffalo Grove during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is based upon the resident's needs.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Based upon resident needs.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Buffalo Grove provide to protect residents who wander?

Secured memory care neighborhood, and staffed concierge desk.

What techniques does Sunrise of Buffalo Grove use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Family style dining, nonpressured, colorful china to highlight food on plate and dining in small groups of 2 or 4.

How does Sunrise of Buffalo Grove keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Via email and phone. Also through Sunrise Advantage Plan Nurse Practitioner.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Buffalo Grove. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Beautiful residential setting. Buffalo Grove Fire Station nearby, shopping and restaurants.

Is Sunrise of Buffalo Grove affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes, Advocate Condell is our 911 Hospital.

Photos of Sunrise of Buffalo Grove