Brookdale Hoffman Estates

Reviews of Brookdale Hoffman Estates

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Hoffman Estates

September 12, 2021

By Mary

The people at Brookdale Hoffman Estates were really nice. The accommodations and the rooms were a 5. They had everything. They had a physical therapy room, a library, and activities. I believe once a month, they have field trips for the residents there. They take them someplace. They were very good. As far as the rooms, Brookdale had the best rooms.

May 25, 2021

By Liz

My mom is currently at Brookdale Hoffman Estates. She's been there for eleven years now, and we've been satisfied with it. However, the fact that we just found out on Friday that she can't go back was kind of a shock. It's been eleven years, and for them to just tell us all of a sudden, "What's your plan?" ...And I had no idea that I needed to have a plan. Otherwise, her care has been generally good. They're taking good care of her. It's just that all of this has happened in less than forty-eight hours, so maybe in a week or so, I'll feel a little better. Right now, I'm still kind of in shock. It's a really nice place, they keep it very clean, and even with the pandemic, I believe that they maintained control and didn't have an outrageous spread. For a suggestion, maybe have better communication on extra charges.

April 19, 2021

By Bill

My father stayed at Brookdale Hoffman. They were OK, but I think they weren't getting him up a lot during the pandemic. Instead of getting him out of his chair if he couldn't go to the dining room or get to the kitchen table to eat, I think they would just let him eat in his chair. It didn't help much; with him not getting up so much, it was harder for him to move. They pretty much took great care of him for quite a few years, though, and there were no real issues there. He was in assisted living, and he had a full kitchen which he couldn't even use, so he was paying for a bigger room for something he wasn't even able to use. It was expensive there, too. He wasn't able to do anything there. He had back problems, and he would pretty much stay in his chair all day long unless they got him up. We had an outside agency giving him his showers. So pretty much they would get him dressed in the morning and put him in his chair, and he'd be in his chair all day until it was time for him to eat. Then they would take him to the dining room. Sometimes they would just feed him in his chair, so he'd stay there all day unless he had to go to the bathroom, and then they would help him. They did this up to the point where they said he needed more help, and then they wanted to charge more. I don't think they had qualified people there to handle him with the condition he was in. He needed more help, and they wanted to charge me extra for somebody else to help. The main building was clean, but when he would go to the bathroom, he would dirty his chair. I know it's not the caregivers' job to clean the toilet, but sometimes when I went in there, the bathroom was dirty. If we complained or said something about it, sometimes they wanted to charge extra because it's more housekeeping. Where he's at now -- I've been there many times -- I've been able to go see him, and their bathroom is always clean. I can't understand why in Brookdale, then, the toilet was full of poop. I don't understand why, when they're wiping him and cleaning him, they couldn't have somebody come and keep the toilet clean. They have cleaning people who would come maybe once a week, or if we would ask or say something they would send somebody. The staff who were there most of the time were good with him. They took care of him, and they made sure that he was taken care of.

September 27, 2018

By Julie

I chose Brookdale Hoffman Estates. The people that work there were very friendly and the residents there seemed very happy and very friendly as well. The facility was very nice. I'm going to have a two-bedroom apartment and they're extremely cooperative and want to work with you. The food was very good and the dining area was very pretty. It's long, narrow, and it had windows that were two stories high which look out onto a beautiful pond. They have a patio where you can sit outside. They have a lot of activities like bridge twice a week, mahjong, several exercise programs, tai-chi, and they have a walking path around the pond. It's very clean and very well kept up. The staff was awesome and the receptionist was calling the residents by name. It's well worth the price.

May 03, 2018

By Brenda

My mom has been a resident at Brookdale Hoffman Estates for five years, and it's very good. They're very attentive to the needs of the residents, and they work with you regarding special requests that you need or special services that you require. They respect you as an individual, so they try to make it seem as seamless and have you be as independent as possible. The activities are good, and the food is amazing. It's a full, white linen, sit-down dinner, that makes you feel like a princess. They work with the families, like when they have to go to the hospital and have to get you back to the community when you return. We've enjoyed our stay there. My mom has a wonderful little apartment. The value is good.

October 11, 2016

By Richard K.

My mother-in-law settled into the one that she wanted to get into. It’s called Brookdale Hoffman Estates. It’s a very clean and caregiving as far as people doing what you asked. My mother-in-law loves it. She loves her apartment. Everything is good. The staff is fantastic. If there’s a question to be asked, they answer it as fast as they can and as good as they can. It’s a wonderful place. My mother-in-law plays bingo and poker. They have an area down in the atrium where people come in and put on performance like a concert, and she goes down there. She has met a lot of friends where they get together and talk or do whatever.

March 27, 2016

By Dawn41

Brookdale was a beautiful place, close to my home, and very nice. The apartments were very nice, with plenty of good sizes. The staff was excellent and getting ready to play bingo when I was there. They had a wide variety of meals of very good food that you can send to your room to eat.

February 29, 2016

By Richard118777650

Brookdale Hoffman Estates is great. The people communicates extremely well. The place is well run and well managed. I like the food. They have various clubs you can join, as well as exercise groups. My mom is 92 and in in a wheelchair, so they have group chair exercises. She has adapted very well. The rooms are big. It's a nice place. The people couldn’t be nicer.

July 04, 2015

By Tina36

My dad is now in Brookdale Hoffman Estate. It is very clean. The food is excellent. They have very excellent staff. They are top notch. He has a one-bedroom, and of course it is beautiful. It has a brand new bathroom. It is nicely appointed. It had new kitchen appliances. Everything is put in for him. They have a van if you need to go to the grocery store. There have dinner outings or if you want to go to theater. They are all kinds of activities like bingo -- you name it.

June 30, 2015

We went to Brookdale Hoffman Estate for a visit. They were very good.

May 08, 2015

By Paula49

I was able to visit Brookdale Hoffman Estates, and it was nice, but I was kind of hoping for a larger room, but they have tiny rooms from my standpoint. I don’t know if it would be a good fit for my mom. Overall, the facility might be too a little big for her. I met with the gentleman who gave the tour, and he is very nice.

December 22, 2014

By Gerald10

It was very nice. It's a 7 or 8 story building. It's very clean, and seemed to be very well run. We went through what my mother's situation was just to get a feel for what kind of services we will need. They were very professional, and they seemed to be very well versed in their respective roles. I really didn't observe a whole lot of activities going on.

December 13, 2014

I like the intensity of the caring at Brookdale Hoffman Estates, and there are a lot of people who you can get to know. It is also close to my daughter's work. I just want to be able to get into arts and crafts and so forth, and all of that is in one building. The apartments are nicely sized and clean. They take you to a pool once a week if you want to go. The staff are friendly.

February 28, 2014

By Lea3

They evaluated my mother-in-law, but after evaluating they felt that the facility is not the right place for her to be. She needed more care than what they could offer, but it's a very beautiful facility. They have a beautiful dining room. We had lunch there and the food was good. The facility was very clean and very updated. I like the apartments because it looked really nice.

February 14, 2014

By CaringSon0000025

We did make a connection with this community and we got my in laws there to look around. The location was good. The facility was what we were looking for as far as the staff and still with the independence that could have and the assistance when needed. If I have to make a guess, I would think that it is probably a 20 year old building. It's relatively new and very modern as far as the inside. They have activities there too. What I liked best about this place is the staff.

January 31, 2014

The staff was great. It's truly a great and very nice place. I was able to look at their one bedroom apartments. The rooms are very, very nice. They have the nicest rooms among all of the places I visited.

October 04, 2013

By Duke 1928

It's a nice facility, but the grounds were crowded with highways and there was really no place to walk around and see anything. The staff were friendly. I had lunch there and the food was good. What was also nice about this place is that there is a hospital next door. They have a bus that will take the residents shopping or to the hospital.

September 29, 2013

By Pat34

My visit was good. I saw their two-bedroom apartments and I think they were small. Their staff seemed very nice. They did have good activities for their residents. Would I recommend this place? Well, I supposed I can recommend them to others.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Hoffman Estates

August 10, 2021

By Lois

We moved into Brookdale Hoffman Estates yesterday. It's excellent. The staff is wonderful. The room is very good. We're in an apartment with two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and one bathroom. The amenities are a little bit negotiable, breakfast is complimentary, and the meals are included. Usually they include twenty meals, but we have thirty. They have bingo, entertainment, and bus service.

December 13, 2020

By Tom Kay

I have had a lot of confidence & respect for the people who operate this facility. I’ve felt this way from the first time I visited Brookdale Hoffman Estates. I was looking for a place for my 87 year old uncle to live without having to maintain his own property. This facility was definitely the answer. All of the personnel that I have met & talked with, have been attentive, courteous & very competent in the positions. Always helpful when I call with questions or ask fir help with my uncle. Both my uncle & myself have been well satisfied with this facility. Also, the residents here seem to enjoy living at Brookdale Hoffman Estates. Every resident we met early on, had nothing to say but positive things regarding the facility. I would highly recommend having a relative or even myself ( at some point in time ) living here.

December 11, 2020

By Barb RH

I can highly recommend the staff at Brookdale Hoffman Estates. They have done a very professional job managing during the pandemic as well as normal situations. Our loved one entered Brookdale about 3 years ago needing no additional services but as her needs change, we can count on Mike and Tori and Maggie and Dan everyone else at Brookdale to put their heads together and develop care plans that fit the needs at that time. The residents are also wonderful and we love visiting and seeing their programs with our relative. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

December 10, 2020

By Sunnyb04

The staff at Brookdale are amazing. They truly care about their residents and work very hard to keep them safe and well cared for. My 90 year old father moved in a few months ago and is very Happy living there. We are Looking forward to a new year without Covid restrictions so we can be together more often. Happy Dad = Happy Daughter

November 16, 2020

By trudy g

I have lived at Brookdale Hoffman Estates for 2 1/2 years now and love every minute of it! This is a place you can feel safe and well cared for. There is always someone here to help you and help you right away. I enjoy the freedom and friends I have here. There are always opportunities to gather with friends to play a game, take a walk or just sit and talk. The facility is very clean, housekeeping is wonderful. I truly appreciate everything they have to offer, from on site doctors and therapy to transportation to doctor appointments and shopping, great activities department too. The scenery and atmosphere is just beautiful. I feel peaceful and content being here.

July 31, 2019

By Robin

This facility is very nice. The tour left me with a great impression. I did not interact with any staff other than Steve W, who gave me the tour. The price seems to be right in the ballpark. I will definitely keep this one in mind when the time comes. I like that it's right across the street from the hospital, too. I wish the storage areas would have been on the same floor as the unit. Parking is uncovered.

April 16, 2018

By J.G.

I visited Brookdale Hoffman Estates, that was the best tour we had, and it was the most cost-effective solution for us. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The amenities were fine, they did a good job showing us around, they have six different floor plans, and so there are a lot of choices. They have a full schedule of activities, which is good.

September 11, 2017

By Elayne M.

I moved into Brookdale, and I was extremely impressed. It's absolutely beautiful and 10 minutes from my granddaughter and 25 minutes from my grandson. The people are so warm, friendly, and I couldn't ask for anything more. I have a beautiful studio apartment. I love it; it's perfect for me, but they also have one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms. My apartment has a lovely kitchen with a dishwasher and cabinets, and it's a little smaller than a one-bedroom but much larger than an executive efficiency. They go out to dinner, casino, and movies, and we had a beautiful reception outside by the lake. I'm very pleased.

August 21, 2017

By Marguerite

The staff at Brookdale Hoffman Estates was extremely helpful, kind, and patient. To me, that was the biggest thing. They have a lot of services for people who need care. I’m totally independent, but it was the convenience of having everything under one roof that I really liked and the staff. My room has everything that I need. I have a one-bedroom, one-bath with a little kitchen. It’s comfortable. I thought it was going to be too small, but it isn’t at all. The grounds are beautiful. I have a pond and a golf course outside my window, so it’s beautiful. They have buses that will take people shopping. This feels like home to me.

July 17, 2017

By Cheryl

The apartments at Brookdale Hoffman Estates were beautiful, brand new and remodeled, but the facility had an older feel to it. Steve assisted me and he was phenomenal. He tried everything he could to get us in there. The building and the common living space were older -- it's kind of dreary when you walk in. The overall area needed to be updated. The food was cafeteria style and wasn't really good.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your feedback has been passed along to our local and regional management teams for further review.

December 16, 2016

By Brigitte322864

The independent living part of Brookdale Hoffman Estates is absolutely gorgeous and feels like a 5-star hotel. The rooms were superb, roomy, and large. The staff had hospitality skills as if you were in a 4-star hotel. The dining area was beautiful, and the food was very good. They have a ton of activities, so you can be as busy as you want to be. It’s very expensive, and the location is convenient because it’s on my way to work.

October 24, 2015

By Martin17

Brookdale was very nice, but it was really too far out from where I live. It’s conveniently next to a hospital, but it’s too remote for my family. The room is very well-appointed, they have nice public spaces, and active programs.

March 28, 2014

We found this community for my in-laws; however, they haven't moved in yet. The sales staff who I met there all seemed friendly and accommodating. When I saw the place, it was clean, and it had a friendly atmosphere. If I have to look for a place to live, I would probably live there myself. It just looked like a nice place, a place I wouldn't mind living myself. The rooms were clean and well-kept. It was pretty spacious for an elderly couple. The kitchen was kind of small, though. The dining area was nice.

Costs for Brookdale Hoffman Estates

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Hoffman Estates

Brookdale Hoffman Estates provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

• On medical campus
  • On golf course
  • Walking paths
  • Stocked fishing pond
  • Gazebo
  • Virtual continuing care retirement community
  • On hospital medical campus
  • Rehab/ skilled nursing adjacent
  • Continuum of care independent, personalized services, assisted living right through hospice care
  • Complimentary breakfast daily
  • 20 ( Plan 1) or 30 (Plan2) lunch or evening meals per month
  • Housekeeping services twice a month ( Plan 1) or weekly (Plan 2)
  • Scheduled transportation
  • All utilities paid except for phone and internet
  • Resort style dialing available
  • Basic Cable
  • Staff available 24/7
  • "I'm Okay" program
  • Fabulous programs, outings and events daily
  • Exercise & Wellness Programs
  • Wellness center staffed by registered nurse
  • Complimentary use of laundry facilities
  • Emergency response pendant

Located adjacent to a beautiful 18 hole golf course. Surrounded by forest preserve to the west and the St. Alexius Medical Center to the north of the community.

Map of Brookdale Hoffman Estates