Brookdale Hoffman Estates

Reviews of Brookdale Hoffman Estates

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Hoffman Estates

February 29, 2016

By Richard118777650

Brookdale Hoffman Estates is great. The people communicates extremely well. The place is well run and well managed. I like the food. They have various clubs you can join, as well as exercise groups. My mom is 92 and in in a wheelchair, so they have group chair exercises. She has adapted very well. The rooms are big. It's a nice place. The people couldn’t be nicer.

July 04, 2015

By Tina36

My dad is now in Brookdale Hoffman Estate. It is very clean. The food is excellent. They have very excellent staff. They are top notch. He has a one-bedroom, and of course it is beautiful. It has a brand new bathroom. It is nicely appointed. It had new kitchen appliances. Everything is put in for him. They have a van if you need to go to the grocery store. There have dinner outings or if you want to go to theater. They are all kinds of activities like bingo -- you name it.

June 30, 2015

We went to Brookdale Hoffman Estate for a visit. They were very good.

May 08, 2015

By Paula49

I was able to visit Brookdale Hoffman Estates, and it was nice, but I was kind of hoping for a larger room, but they have tiny rooms from my standpoint. I don’t know if it would be a good fit for my mom. Overall, the facility might be too a little big for her. I met with the gentleman who gave the tour, and he is very nice.

December 22, 2014

By Gerald10

It was very nice. It's a 7 or 8 story building. It's very clean, and seemed to be very well run. We went through what my mother's situation was just to get a feel for what kind of services we will need. They were very professional, and they seemed to be very well versed in their respective roles. I really didn't observe a whole lot of activities going on.

December 13, 2014

I like the intensity of the caring at Brookdale Hoffman Estates, and there are a lot of people who you can get to know. It is also close to my daughter's work. I just want to be able to get into arts and crafts and so forth, and all of that is in one building. The apartments are nicely sized and clean. They take you to a pool once a week if you want to go. The staff are friendly.

February 28, 2014

By Lea3

They evaluated my mother-in-law, but after evaluating they felt that the facility is not the right place for her to be. She needed more care than what they could offer, but it's a very beautiful facility. They have a beautiful dining room. We had lunch there and the food was good. The facility was very clean and very updated. I like the apartments because it looked really nice.

February 14, 2014

By CaringSon0000025

We did make a connection with this community and we got my in laws there to look around. The location was good. The facility was what we were looking for as far as the staff and still with the independence that could have and the assistance when needed. If I have to make a guess, I would think that it is probably a 20 year old building. It's relatively new and very modern as far as the inside. They have activities there too. What I liked best about this place is the staff.

January 31, 2014

The staff was great. It's truly a great and very nice place. I was able to look at their one bedroom apartments. The rooms are very, very nice. They have the nicest rooms among all of the places I visited.

October 28, 2013

By Frankie2

I originally visited the facility on my own and met with Mary Ann and subsequetly with Lora with my elderly mother . Both demonstrated professionlaism and were able to respond to all our questions. They did not try to sell as much as try to include my mother in a decision making process. Although at the time my mother is still holdiing out in order to remain is her home. However as my mother's needs increase I will definitly want her to go to this facility.

October 04, 2013

By Duke 1928

It's a nice facility, but the grounds were crowded with highways and there was really no place to walk around and see anything. The staff were friendly. I had lunch there and the food was good. What was also nice about this place is that there is a hospital next door. They have a bus that will take the residents shopping or to the hospital.

September 29, 2013

By Pat34

My visit was good. I saw their two-bedroom apartments and I think they were small. Their staff seemed very nice. They did have good activities for their residents. Would I recommend this place? Well, I supposed I can recommend them to others.

September 23, 2013

By Mary36064950

It was really nice. I liked the location. They had a very nice dining area. They had activities. However, they required an entrance fee and their monthly payment was expensive.

May 15, 2012

By Dorothysgranddaughter

The facility itself was nice enough. It looked like a studio apartment. The only downside was there was only a fridge in the room. We could bring a microwave but that was all that was allowed. It was a downer for my grandmother that loved to cook. I understand why the facilities don't allow them for fear the elderly will forget or do something not realizing it. The staff was extremely helpful. They answered all of our questions. My grandmother could leave with us at anytime and stay over night with us with was a plus! They helped her transition into the center. I think it was harder on me then it was for her! She made friends very easily and it was an improvement from just staying at home all the time. I'd highly recommend it!

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Hoffman Estates

October 24, 2015

By Martin17

Brookdale was very nice, but it was really too far out from where I live. It’s conveniently next to a hospital, but it’s too remote for my family. The room is very well-appointed, they have nice public spaces, and active programs.

March 28, 2014

We found The Devonshire of Hoffman Estates for my in-laws; however, they haven't moved in yet. The sales staff who I met there all seemed friendly and accommodating. When I saw the place, it was clean, and it had a friendly atmosphere. If I have to look for a place to live, I would probably live there myself. It just looked like a nice place, a place I wouldn't mind living myself. The rooms were clean and well-kept. It was pretty spacious for an elderly couple. The kitchen was kind of small, though. The dining area was nice.

Photos of Brookdale Hoffman Estates

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Brookdale Hoffman Estates

Brookdale Hoffman Estates provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

• On medical campus
  • On golf course
  • Walking paths
  • Stocked fishing pond
  • Gazebo
  • Virtual continuing care retirement community
  • On hospital medical campus
  • Rehab/ skilled nursing adjacent
  • Continuum of care independent, personalized services, assisted living right through hospice care
  • Complimentary breakfast daily
  • 20 ( Plan 1) or 30 (Plan2) lunch or evening meals per month
  • Housekeeping services twice a month ( Plan 1) or weekly (Plan 2)
  • Scheduled transportation
  • All utilities paid except for phone and internet
  • Resort style dialing available
  • Basic Cable
  • Staff available 24/7
  • "I'm Okay" program
  • Fabulous programs, outings and events daily
  • Exercise & Wellness Programs
  • Wellness center staffed by registered nurse
  • Complimentary use of laundry facilities
  • Emergency response pendant

Located adjacent to a beautiful 18 hole golf course. Surrounded by forest preserve to the west and the St. Alexius Medical Center to the north of the community.

Map of Brookdale Hoffman Estates