The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Bartlett, IL for 2023
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bartlett area, with 3 in Bartlett and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bartlett is $5,162 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870. Cheaper nearby regions include Streamwood with an average starting cost of $5,050.
To help you with your search, browse the 303 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bartlett. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bartlett 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Streamwood with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bartlett, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Bartlett, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bartlett
Barlett is a suburb in northwest Chicago. Its senior population is about 8.4 percent based on the 2010 U.S. Census, which is significantly below Illinois’s overall senior population of 12.5 percent. However, the area still has a whopping 58 assisted living facilities, with one in Bartlett itself and the other 57 in nearby communities. The Department of Health regulates assisted living facilities for senior citizens in Illinois, which are described as "assisted living and shared housing establishments."
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bartlett
- Bartlett is in northeast Illinois, close to Lake Michigan. This location makes it highly subject to lake-effect snow, resulting in a higher-than-average amount of snow some winters. Bartlett’s average high temperatures range from 28 degrees Fahrenheit in January to 83 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- The cost of living is high in Bartlett, primarily because it’s a Chicago suburb. The overall cost of living is 20 percent higher than the national average. This means essential living expenses, such as the cost of groceries and health care, are also comparatively high.
- The overall crime rate in Bartlett is quite low, as this city is safer than about 82 percent of all cities in the United States. The annual rate of violent crime is especially low, at 0.78 crimes per thousand people. For comparison, the annual rate of violent crime in Illinois is 4.36 crimes per thousand people and 4.0 crimes per thousand people in the United States.
Bartlett has a Metra commuter train station that provides transportation to other Chicago suburbs and the downtown area. Senior citizens can apply for reduced fare passes in the main office of the Village Hall. Dial-a-Ride and Dial-a-Bus services are also available by contacting the Hanover Township, which includes Bartlett.
- The Hanover Township Senior Center provides a comprehensive list of services for seniors in Bartlett, including education, entertainment, fitness and social services. This senior center also has amenities such as a lending closet, café. The Office of Community Health is in the lower level of the senior center, which has a community health nurse.
- The Bartlett area is home to world-class medical facilities, including America’s Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bartlett
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Bartlett start around $5,162 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bartlett and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bartlett
Illinois has a Medicaid Waiver program, called the Supportive Living Program, that provides assisted living for individuals who are at least 65 years of age. It also offers an optional state supplement to low-income seniors who need help paying assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bartlett
Bartlett and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bartlett, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bartlett
Bartlett-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bartlett, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bartlett
Review of The Oaks at Bartlett
I went to The Oaks at Bartlett. I was given several pages of things to look for, and it checked all the boxes. I was told about the activities. I didn't see any because it's a brand new unit. They ... Read more
Review of Victory Centre of Bartlett
I'm at Victory Centre of Bartlett, and it's been good so far. The staff has been helpful and courteous. My room is too small for my liking. I'm in a wheelchair, and sometimes it's hard to get throu... Read more
Review of Victory Centre of Bartlett
My mom has been in the Victory Centre for a couple of days now, and they have been very accommodating with my mom in terms of offering to take her to mass. All the people that live there are very f... Read more