Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

Reviews of Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

Assisted Living Reviews for Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

December 22, 2015

By Linda & Jon

We moved Mom into Alden Gardens the week it opened (6 years ago) and have been thrilled with every aspect. The staff are amazing and it is a joy to see the positive relationships between staff/staff and staff/residents. Mom constantly tells us she doesn't have a care in the world ... A lovely home, good food, attentive & caring nursing staff, quick maintenance if needed, conscientious housekeepers, and everyone is so kind & respectful to her. If I have questions regarding her care, the staff is quick to respond to me and help as needed. Dad lived in the nursing home (also an Alden property) right next door. It was a perfect solution because Mom could walk over to see him each day. During the winter months, the Alden Gardens staff even escorted her next door to make sure she got there safely. We have been so grateful for the many, many ways the Alden Gardens staff have gone out of their way to care for our family's needs and help my parents make the best of a difficult situation as they were forced to live separately due to Dad's health problems. I feel blessed that we were able to find such a wonderful home for my parents.

February 27, 2014

By Heidi4

My grandmother was at Alden Gardens for about four or five months and the place was phenomenal. It was a new construction and very clean. The assisted living facility was really good. They have CNAs that came around and they do well-being checks a couple of times a day. They would help with laundry. It was basically set up like a studio apartment or a one-bedroom apartment with a bath, a bedroom and a kitchenette type thing with a refrigerator. You could have a toaster or microwave there. I believed they also had one and two bedroom apartments. It was really nice. There was a dining room downstairs. At that time, she was very active. They had exercise classes and art classes. They had a library. It has a secure entrance where you had to be buzzed in. It was actually locked down for residents' safety after a certain time at night. It was a really nice facility.

June 13, 2013

By abcjoy

After living at another facility for two years, I moved into the Gardens. What a difference. Much more attractive, pleasant, and well maintained. My sugar readings have gone down, and for the first time in years, my sugar levels are always in normal range. This is due mainly to the balanced nutritious meals served in the dining room. There are always enough choices for me to make a wise healthy choice. My studio apartment is spacious and very comfortable. And compared to other facilities, the price is right!

May 14, 2013

By Elaine8

Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale was bright, clean and really pretty. The residents who lived there did not look like they were on assisted living because they were healthier and well put-up.

February 12, 2013

By mosaicflower

My mother currently resides there. Most of the staff is superb. The director who is currently Mr. Anderson is a bully who scares the residents into doing what he wants them to do "and if you don't like it leave" is what he tells residents and family members who complain. Go some where else, anywhere else until the director this director is removed. Talk to Glen Oaks hospital and Bloomingdale police department they know him all to well. The Alden Network will do nothing! We have complained by phone, letters and with the state and they won't even take a meeting with us, they send all complaints back to Mr. Anderson to deal with.

February 11, 2013

By rn5399

My sister moved from a horrible dirty dingy litttle apartment to a lovely airy spacious studio, with private washroom/shower. Refrigerator and microwave if she feels like eating in her studio. Otherwise the meals in the DR are generally very nice, great selection and variety. Some people complain, but some complain about everything anyway. They are cooking for a very large crowd, and I think they do a pretty darned good job. The facility is very clean. There are numerous rooms/areas where people can sit and read to be alone, or gather with others to converse or play games.

November 20, 2012

By kittykat1

I think that the place is way under staffed. There is never enough people to take care of the residents. I feel that every time I go there that the staff is lazy and work very slow. No one seems to care about the well being of the residents. The dr's dont care about the residents either. Ordering meds for my family member when they have never even met my family member?

January 31, 2012

By Linus Chang

My grandmother lived here for ten months, and I honestly wish she could have been there for much longer. The building is new (constructed two years ago) and really clean. The first floor is the heart of the building, with the dining room, library, and activity rooms. Family can join residents for meals for $5 a person. The food is hit-or-miss (usually miss), but it is nice to be able to sit down over a meal. The CNAs and staff are quite friendly. They are good about administering medicines when requested, and just helping out as needed. Unfortunately, my grandmother has dementia and thought they were ordering her around and spying on her. The dementia is also why my grandmother is no longer in assisted living.There does seem to be a lack of communication between the assisted living facility and the nursing home next door. In our case, we received a number of conflicting messages that frustrated us. I would recommend (especially if you have POA) communicating by e-mail, especially with the administration. I'm not blaming the administrators, but I think things could have been clearer along the way.

Questions about Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents must be 65 years or older to live in our community. Our residents can enjoy an independent lifestyle with services if needed, when needed.

What programs or activities does Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Enrichment activities are planned throughout each day. From traditional bingo games to a boat ride down the Fox River, we have a vast variety of programs to get involved in.

What transportation services does Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale offer to assisted living residents?

Each week we provide shopping trips out into the community. We also will plan a trip to church once a week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our residents enjoy each meal, restaurant style, in our dining room. We have weekly specials as well as a vast always available menu. Thursday's we offer shrimp cocktail and wine service.

What safety features or security measures does Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale offer to assisted living residents?

Fire doors in each apartment, common room and midway on each resident floor.

How does Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Families can expect weekly updates via email as well as the opportunity to follow us on Facebook.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have Certified Nursing Assistance 24/7. Nursing care provided by our LPN's and RN's are 8am-4:30pm on weekdays and 8am-12pm on weekends.

If Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes. Our residents are permitted to have one pet which can be 30 lbs or under. There are grassy areas around the building that the residents can bring their pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff are expected to be CPR certified and are provided regular training throughout their employment here.

What safety features or security measures does Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale provide to protect residents who wander?

Our residents are permitted to come and go as much as they would like. We do have Alden Valley Ridge right next door which can provide, skilled nursing care, short term rehab and memory care if residents need a higher level of care, whether than be temporarily or long term.

Costs for Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

Payment options

• Check

• State Licenses: FEIN # - 352241442001

About Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

A Supportive Living Community that provides a home-like environment with services if needed for individuals 65 and older in need of an affordable assisted lifestyle.

Map of Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale