17 Assisted Living Facilities near Schaumburg, IL
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Schaumburg area, with 3 in Schaumburg and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Schaumburg is $4,080 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Hoffman Estates with an average starting cost of $4,065.
To help you with your search, browse the 166 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Schaumburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Schaumburg 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hoffman Estates with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Schaumburg, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Schaumburg, IL
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Schaumburg, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Schaumburg
The 19 assisted living facilities in and around Schaumburg, Illinois are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Such facilities are defined by the state as those having three or more unrelated residents, 80 percent of whom are aged 55 or older. The average monthly cost of an assisted living facility in the Chicago area is $4,695, which is considerably more than the national average of $3,750 and the median Illinois cost of $3,720.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Schaumburg
- The Schaumburg, Illinois area is home to world-class medical facilities including Feather Fall Medical Center and Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- A northwestern suburb of Chicago, Schaumburg is known for its mild summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in January is 30 degrees Fahrenheit and 85 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- Schaumburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including meals, legal services and discounted transportation offered by the Township of Schaumburg, as well as a senior center.
- Crime isn't the big problem in Schaumburg that it is in many other Chicago suburbs. The overall crime rate in Schaumburg has decreased by six percent in recent years and is 17 percent lower than the national average.
- For those seniors who drive, Schaumburg is bisected by both I-90 and I-290. For public transportation, the city is located on the Metra commuter light rail line as well as the Chicago Transit Authority's Suburban Transit Access Route (STAR) system.
- There are many fun and interesting things to do in and around Schaumburg. These include the Chicago Athenaeum International Sculpture Park, the Wood Library/Museum of Anesthesiology, Spring Valley Nature Center and Heritage Farm and Boomer Stadium, the home of the Schaumburg Boomers minor league baseball team. Most Schaumburg events and attractions offer a senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Schaumburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Schaumburg start around $4,080 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Schaumburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Schaumburg
Eligible senior residents of Schaumburg, Illinois will find a number of state and federal assistance programs to help them with the cost of assisted living. These include Choices for Care, the Illinois Supportive Living Program and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Schaumburg
Schaumburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Schaumburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Schaumburg
Schaumburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Schaumburg, IL
Other Options in Schaumburg, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Schaumburg
Review of Friendship Village of Schaumburg
Friendship Village is a good facility if you want to live in their independent care facility. There is not alot of accomodation for those who have issues with vision, in that activities that accomo... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Schaumburg
Sunrise of Schaumburg was a very nice place and it's a smaller facility. Price-wise, it was acceptable. The cleanliness of the facility was very good. Read more
Review of Sunrise of Schaumburg
Sunrise of Schaumburg was nice and everything looked fine. The only thing that was different was it seems that there must be a lot of dogs in the building. Every time I went to the lobby, there wer... Read more