20 Assisted Living Facilities near Bloomingdale, IL
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bloomingdale area, with 2 in Bloomingdale and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bloomingdale is $3,614 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Glen Ellyn with an average starting cost of $3,245.
To help you with your search, browse the 219 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bloomingdale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bloomingdale 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Carol Stream with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bloomingdale, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bloomingdale, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bloomingdale
Located about 25 miles west of Chicago, Bloomingdale is home to 22,075 people, and 19.1 percent of the population consists of seniors age 65 and over. The area includes 18 assisted living facilities (ALFs) to serve its booming senior population, including two within the Bloomingdale city limits and 16 more in nearby communities.
ALFs in Bloomingdale, as in the rest of the Chicago, are regulated by the Illinois State Department of Public Health. They are designated as either sheltered care facilities or assisted living facilities, depending on the type of housing offered. All communities designated as assisted living facilities are required to offer apartment-style residences to seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bloomingdale
- The Chicago Transportation Authority (CTA) operates multiple public transportation options in the Bloomingdale area. The Pace fixed bus route runs throughout Bloomingdale and other nearby suburbs. Pace also offers a Dial-a-Ride paratransit bus service for those who need door-to-door transportation. Seniors can apply for a Reduced Fare Permit through the Regional Transit Authority (RTA), which can be used to pay Pace fixed-ride bus fares, Dial-a-Ride paratransit bus fares and Metra rail fares.
- The cost of living in Bloomingdale is quite a bit higher than state and national averages. Seniors with fixed or low incomes might have trouble finding affordable prices on groceries and healthcare services.
- Seniors will find Illinois a very tax-friendly state. Social Security income, pension payments, and retirement account withdrawals aren’t taxed.
- The Bloomingdale area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Adventist GlenOaks Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Bloomingdale has a lower crime rate than 47% of the communities in Illinois. When compared to locations of similar size, its crime rate for violent and property crimes combined is noticeably lower than average.
- The Michael A. Miliotti Senior Center offers a variety of activities for seniors to enjoy including bingo games, exercise programs, and ceramics, stained glass and woodworking classes. The center also schedules overnight trips for seniors on a regular basis.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bloomingdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Bloomingdale start around $3,614 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bloomingdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bloomingdale
Illinois seniors who need assistance covering their assisted living costs can apply for the optional state supplement (OSS) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bloomingdale
Bloomingdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bloomingdale, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bloomingdale
Bloomingdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bloomingdale, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bloomingdale
Review of Sunrise of Bloomingdale
It’s December… We’ve been dealing with Covid since March and my mother got Covid there on 12/20/2020 been there less than a month… How does that happen..??? Months later ... ??? Have they not lea... Read more
Review of Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale
What is Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale? (Part 2) October 19, 2020 It’s a supportive living community located at 285 East Army Trail Road, Bloomingdale, IL 60108. There have been some chang... Read more
Review of Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale
Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale has an assisted living building and then right next door they have their nursing home, so if for some reason you need skilled nursing care, you can go right next door.... Read more