Buffalo Grove is a village in Cook County that’s home to 40,494 residents, 14.5% of whom are aged 65 and over. The medical needs of its seniors are well-served by a number of nearby hospitals, such as the Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, ranked #12 in the state. There’s also a high number of physicians working in various fields registered to treat Medicare beneficiaries. Additionally, being a suburb of Chicago, Buffalo Grove’s seniors are only a short journey from some of the finest hospitals in the country.

Nursing homes are secure communities that blend home comforts with hospital-like medical services 24-hours a day. They’re suitable for seniors struggling with daily tasks, such as personal care and medication management. Typically, a senior’s care program is tailored by a physician and implemented by qualified medical professionals, including the application of physical therapies. The average monthly cost for a semiprivate room in Buffalo Grove is $8,076. However, nursing homes aren’t the only option. Seniors with degrees of autonomy may be better suited to assisted living or home health care

This guide covers nursing home costs in Illinois in more detail and lists some resources useful to seniors and their families.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Buffalo Grove, IL

Symphony Buffalo Grove

150 Weiland Road, Buffalo Grove, IL, 60089

Symphony of Buffalo Grove was a nice place. It was a lot friendlier and there’s a lot more to do over there. I had to go there for rehab one time, and I was there for about four weeks. It seemed nicer … (read more)

Symphony Buffalo Grove

150 WEILAND ROAD, Buffalo Grove, IL, 60089

If there was a way of giving them a zero I would, because that’s exactly what they deserve. The care received was SO SUB-PARE that I can hardly express my feelings enough. If I describe the care rece … (read more)

Elevate Care Riverwoods

3705 Deerfield Road, Riverwoods, IL, 60015

I was a resident of Brentwood North Nursing & Rehabilitation Centre. It was great, but it was just really confined. They had more cameras than a casino in there. Their staff was more hands on, and … (read more)

2015, 2016

The Moorings of Arlington Heights

811 East Central Road, Arlington Heights, IL, 60005

I was here for four months in the healthcare portion of the system, recovering from the loss of strength due to a severe bladder infection. I needed a place with physical therapy to recover my streng … (read more)

Lake Forest Place

1100 Pembridge Drive, Lake Forest, IL, 60045

Lutheran Home

800 West Oakton Street, Arlington Heights, IL, 60004

My stepfather is in rehab at Lutheran Home. It is very clean and very organized. For someone that has balance issues or you’re concerned about falling, they have the right equipment to be able to mana … (read more)

Greek American Rehab Care Center

220 N FIRST STREET, Wheeling, IL, 60090

We visited a place called Greek American; it was a gorgeous place, but we couldn’t afford it. It was probably the most beautiful facility I have ever seen. Their secured unit, you have to have a code … (read more)

Addolorata Villa

555 McHenry Road, Wheeling, IL, 60090

My mother passed away 3 years ago just a month shy of 104. I acknowledged the wonderful care my mother received during her time in Assisted Living and the Nursing home. Addolorata Villa provided e … (read more)

Covenant Health Care Center Northbrook

2625 Techny Road, Northbrook, IL, 60062

I am WELL acquainted with this facility!! My husband lived there for THREE years and I visited almost EVERY day!! I can state without reservations that this is one of the top nursing homes in the sta … (read more)

Bella Terra Wheeling

730 WEST HINTZ ROAD, Wheeling, IL, 60090

My mom moved to Bella Terra Wheeling. They post every day about different activities that they do. They have crafts and cards that they play, they have a varied amount of different things that they do … (read more)

Lexington of Lake Zurich

900 SOUTH RAND ROAD, Lake Zurich, IL, 60047

I had my sister transferred there from the hospital. It’s the worst place ever. She went in there able to walk and get in out of bed by herself, now she can’t. She went in for physical therapy to make … (read more)

Aperion Care Highwood

50 Pleasant Avenue, Highwood, IL, 60040

what a wonderful place. Clean, beautifully taken care of and the staff – from the nurses to the cleaning people are considerate & courteous and always willing to help.

ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville)

1500 S Milwaukee Avenue, Libertyville, IL, 60048

ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation (Libertyville) was very clean. The actual staff (nurses and RNs) were very helpful. They did a pretty good job taking care of my mom. I was happy with them … (read more)

Dimensions Living Prospect Heights

700 E Euclid Ave, Prospect Heights, IL, 60070

My husband was at Dimensions Living Prospect Heights. He was in skilled nursing; however, it was really hospice environment because he was unconscious, and he wasn’t able to eat or take medicine. Howe … (read more)

Manorcare at Arlington Heights

715 W Central Road, Arlington Heights, IL, 60005

Rooms were bland and depressing. My dad was here for rehab from a stroke and significantly regressed in his therapy while he was here. As soon as we moved him to a different clinic, he improved. Woul … (read more)

Rosewood Care Center Northbrook

4101 LAKE COOK ROAD, Northbrook, IL, 60062

This facility is part of a corporate chain and this particular building is relatively new, meaning less than 15 years old. It is set in a busy area next to a restaurant and right off the highway. Th … (read more)

Whitehall of Deerfield

300 Waukegan Rd, Deerfield, IL, 60015

My sister is in Whitehall of Deerfield right now. Everything is on lockdown, but she seems pretty happy there. We really have to watch the food if they serve the same thing over and over, but she seem … (read more)

The Whitehall of Deerfield Healthcare

300 WAUKEGAN ROAD, Deerfield, IL, 60015

Whitehall does provide good care. The therapists and nurses are generally attentive and appear to be genuinely focused on helping their patients. The CNAs are likely to pester your loved one daily for … (read more)

Arlington Rehab & Living Center

1666 CHECKER ROAD, Long Grove, IL, 60047

This facility has its issues, such as my grandma being left to sit in a room with no tv or anything to do for days. All homes have issues, including this one. However, some of the nursing staff, par … (read more)

Thrive of Lake County

850 US Highway 45, Mundelein, IL, 60060

Like a lot of places, this one is horrible under staffed. My relative needs special diet. The kitchen makes same salty meals for everyone. My relative has encontinance, and sits in piss every day. No … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Buffalo Grove, Illinois

The typical cost for a semiprivate room in a Buffalo Grove nursing home is $8,076, while a private room averages at $8,532.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Using monthly fees for semiprivate rooms as a guide, Buffalo Grove’s assisted living costs are the highest in the state, about 25.7% more than the Illinois average ($6,235). Average costs across the country ($7,756) are lower than Buffalo Grove’s, although the difference is only 4%. Seniors in Rockford have the most affordable fees in the area, paying approximately $5,825 per month, while their peers in Kankakee are more likely to pay $6,540. In Peoria, costs rise to $6,737 per month, while seniors and families in Bloomington need to budget about $6,996 for their assisted living services.

$8076

Peoria

$6996

Bloomington

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Some seniors transition through different types of care, so it’s worth looking at the costs for each. Able-bodied seniors who attend adult day care centers see costs of around $1,614 in Buffalo Grove. For housebound seniors, costs average at $4,957 for home care, while an additional $96 per month ($5,053) also gets basic medical support. Assisted living is the least costly care that includes accommodation, with fees averaging $4,950. Nursing home care is the most costly, with a typical semiprivate room averaging $8,076, while a private room is about $8,532.

$4957

Adult day health care

$4950

Assisted living

$8076

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$8532

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Buffalo Grove, Illinois

Free Resources for Seniors in Buffalo Grove, Illinois

Seniors in Buffalo Grove can access a range of free resources. They can help with advocacy, navigating Medicaid and providing information about making the transition to nursing home care when the time comes.

ResourceContactService
Illinois Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program(888) 401-8200Seniors in nursing homes, and their families, can contact the Long-Term Care Ombudsman if they have a complaint about the standard of care in their nursing homes. As part of the Illinois Department of Aging, the ombudsman’s role is to investigate complaints and pursue resolutions with the owners and managers of senior living facilities. Ombudsmen also educate seniors about their rights and ensure all conversations remain confidential.
Medicaid(800) 843-6154Adults aged 65 and older who meet the criteria can apply for Medicaid to cover the costs of their nursing home care. To be eligible, seniors must provide evidence that they are U.S. citizens (or legal residents), that they live in Illinois and that nursing home care is the most appropriate for their needs. Eligibility is also determined by financial circumstances. For example, an individual must prove that their annual household income, before taxes, doesn’t exceed $17,775. For a couple, the figure is $24,040.
Meals on Wheels of Northeastern Illinois(847) 332-2678Meals on Wheels of Northeastern Illinois is a nonprofit organization that utilizes the support of volunteers to deliver meals to housebound seniors unable to prepare their own. Two freshly prepared meals, one hot, one cold, are delivered around lunchtime Mondays to Saturdays. Meal costs are on a sliding scale based on the senior’s income, with the maximum cost being $8 per meal. The program’s volunteers can also make additional visits to check up on seniors, collect groceries from local stores and provide free food for dogs and cats.
Buffalo Grove Senior Services(847) 459-2506Buffalo Grove Senior Services is operated by the village’s government. Although it doesn’t provide direct services, it can refer seniors and their families to various nonprofit organizations working locally. This is particularly useful as Buffalo Grove runs into Cook and Lake counties. Sometimes, support is county-specific, so assistance can be dependent on the senior’s location. Examples of assistance include the senior taxi program, available to eligible adults aged 62+, and Capable Project, which helps seniors live at home for as long as possible.