33 Assisted Living Facilities near Williamsville, NY
Also serving communities of Amherst.
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Williamsville area, with 8 in Williamsville and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Williamsville is $4,190 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 281 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Williamsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Williamsville 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Clarence Center with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Williamsville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Williamsville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Williamsville, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Williamsville
Named after settler Jonas Williams, Williamsville, N.Y., is a village of approximately 5,200 people in northern Erie County. The median age in Williamsville is 50, which means four out of 10 residents are 55 years old and up. The village has a proportionally larger number of assisted living facilities (ALFs), boasting 43 communities. Of these, 35 are in neighboring regions such as Kenmore and Clarence Center. ALFs in Williamsville are able to help seniors with both basic and more intensive aid, such as personal care, supervision and observation and nursing services. They are licensed and regulated through the New York Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Williamsville
- Williamsville is like most other areas of New York in that the climate poses some difficulty. The Sperling’s Comfort Index is lower than the national average (46 out of 100 versus 54), largely because of harsher winters. The massive amount of snowfall (90 inches per year) can make it harder for seniors to get outside or travel. Residents usually see temperatures in the range of 18 degrees in the winter to 80 degrees in the summer.
- Williamsville gives seniors a slight financial advantage, with an overall cost of living 6.9 percent lower than the national average and 29 percent lower than the state average. The only expense areas higher than average are utilities and miscellaneous costs such as restaurants.
- The National Air Toxics Assessment gives Williamsville an air quality rank of 68 out of 100. The village thus might be easier for seniors than other locations in regard to respiratory health, as the national average rank is 58.
- Property crime in Williamsville is roughly comparable to the national average (39.5 out of 100 versus 38.1, with 100 being the worst). The bigger issue seniors and their loved ones might experience is violent crime, which exceeds the national average of 31.1 by 7.7 percent.
- Williamsville is home to world-class medical facilities, including Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Williamsville is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Williamsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Williamsville start around $4,190 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Williamsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Williamsville
Any senior in Williamsville who requires financial aid for ALF care can research New York’s Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) Waiver program, state supplement for SSI recipients, the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance program and the Assisted Living Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Williamsville
Williamsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Williamsville, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Williamsville
Williamsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Williamsville, NY
Other Options in Williamsville, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Williamsville
Review of Elderwood Village at Williamsville
I visited Elderwood Village at Williamsville (the one on Main Street). It was very clean there, well-organized, and well run. I looked at their assisted living and saw a 1-bedroom and a studio apar... Read more
Review of Tennyson Court
We're planning to move my mom into Tennyson Court Assisted Living around July. It was friendly, very clean, people were great, and a small community which we liked. Very nice. People were eating an... Read more
Review of The Amberleigh
I visited The Amberleigh Assisted Living, a great facility, very clean, and the people are very nice. The rooms were fine. The only issue we have is they don't have any assisted living units availa... Read more