The Amberleigh

Reviews of The Amberleigh

Assisted Living Reviews for The Amberleigh

August 24, 2021

By Carla

I liked how The Amberleigh in Williamsville is family-oriented. They have nice apartments, I saw a 2-bedroom apartment during my visit. I toured the assisted living and I like the way they run things over there. They're nice and friendly and they try to make everybody feel comfortable. The dining room was nice and they had tablecloths on the tables.

July 12, 2021

By Jeffrey

I visited The Amberleigh Assisted Living, a great facility, very clean, and the people are very nice. The rooms were fine. The only issue we have is they don't have any assisted living units available right now, and we have a short window to find a place for my mother. They were very accommodating. They were doing a lot of recreational activities, they were outside, they were doing a lot of good stuff. The dining area was great, the food looked very good.

April 07, 2021

By Annie

We like The Amberleigh very much. So far, we're leaning towards it, but we wanted to look at a few more things for comparison. We looked at something that was available and it was nice and clean. It didn't have an overwhelming smell of 'not clean' and I like that. I didn't really have a lot of communication and we didn't hang out and visit with the staff, but from what we could see, it was a nice facility. The place itself doesn't sit on a corner and it's not very close to the street, so if someone did find a way to leave the building, they have a long way to go before they actually arrive on the street and get hurt.

March 04, 2021

By Renee

I visited The Amberleigh in Williamsville. It was excellent and everything was topnotch. I was able to see the dining area and the room that my dad is going into. It blew my mind away. I was very impressed with it. He will have a separate bedroom, his own bathroom with a shower, a living room with a balcony and a little kitchenette. It's all very nice. I would give the staff that accommodated me the best rating, too. Overall, it was above and beyond what I expected. It's very impressive.

October 21, 2019

By CA

The Amberleigh was within our budget. The experience was OK. The person we had an appointment with was not there, and the person who was covering for her didn't even know who we were. It was kind of a rushed tour. The place was so large. It had multiple floors and an elevator, but I was looking for a more intimate setting for Dad. There were four apartments with a kitchen, a bathroom, and a separate bedroom. The rooms were excellent. I have checked the assisted living and memory care. They had very little of activities. I did get to eat a meal there, which was nice.

By WestCoast219

So my grandmother has been a resident at Amberleigh for over two years now, and she is always telling me how much she loves it there. She always tells me about her friends, all of the activities they do, and even how wonderful her hairdresser Lisa is (They have a hair salon right off the Lobby). So After finally visiting her today I can see why she likes it so much. It was my first time in the facility ( I am on the West Coast and don't get home very often) and I have to say the place is quite impressive. Today the staff brought in a local elementary school for a holiday band/chorus concert which I thought was pretty cool. My grandmother and her friends were very happy, which was evident by the smiles all around. After the concert was over we went in to have lunch. Even I was impressed with the food, the atmosphere, and the friendly server. I am a very picky eater, and they even made me a grilled cheese and french fries! Every single staff member that I encountered today was overly friendly, and I also thought it was pretty cool how I saw their Director walking around talking with the residents a few times throughout he day. According to my Grandmother, the new Director (or Administrator, or whatever they call him) is pretty new to Amberleigh and she really likes this guy. She says he reminds her of me, so he must be a pretty good guy. All jokes aside, I am very happy that my grandmother is living in a place like this, it was nothing like I thought it would be. I would say if you need to have a loved one live somewhere like this, check this place out. I never leave reviews for anything, but I felt obligated after seeing how great they are treating my grandmother.

By Jim

We have been very happy with the overal care of this facility. The employees are very happy and always ready to assist. Place is clean always and the amentites are well worth the price. Dad has been very happy and they always keep the folks happy.

December 07, 2017

By Linda

The Amberleigh has a room with some different equipment in it, like a hydro bath where you could transfer from your wheelchair into it, and water jets help your legs for circulation. The location was perfect. They were getting ready for a Bill's game when I visited; everybody was up for that and they had decorations, so it was a very nice atmosphere. The person who gave us the tour was very knowledgeable and answered any questions we had, so she was an excellent representative for their facility.

September 30, 2017

By Hans

The amenities at The Amberleigh were very good. They had a physical therapy room and dining area. I was told they had transportation for the residents, and I saw the list of activities.

January 09, 2017

By Carolyn834584

I visited a friend of mine at The Amberleigh, and it is a very nice place. I would not mind living there, as well. Her apartment is lovely and very spacious. I have tried their food a couple of times, and it is very good. The people I know who live there are extremely happy.

Independent Living Reviews for The Amberleigh

August 30, 2021

By Denise

My brother and I visited The Amberleigh for our mother. It would be up to her, but we were both happy with the way we were treated, what we saw, and what they offered. I would be more than happy to have my mom stay there. They were very nice and clean. I love the open areas and the dining room where you could socialize and congregate. The only thing that I could say about them, is that the rooms were very clean and nice, but they were a little bit dated as far as the kitchen and stuff there.

August 22, 2021

By Pam

We like The Amberleigh. It was very nice. There was an option with one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms with one bath, one-and-a-half bath, or two baths. There was the memory care and the assisted living, so that was a plus point, for somebody who needed extra help they can go in there. The price was reasonable. The staff I interacted with was very nice. She showed us everything. They take them on bus tours for shopping and banking, and everything. They didn't mention anything that they're doing at the place yet because it was not opened up for anything else. They have a library, exercise room, a nice dining room, and a nice laundry room. The facility is nice and clean. Each time you move in, they told us that they fix everything. It's nice. I like it.

August 21, 2021

By Cathy

I went to The Amberleigh. The facility was lovely. The people I saw there were much older than I was. I was looking for what I consider an active senior community, and I didn't see that at all there. I saw some old women sitting in chairs, not even talking to each other around the big reception area. Kind of reminded me of a nursing home, and I didn't fit in there. You know, I'm too active for them. I saw an apartment, it was OK, but I remember they said that the kitchen needed to be upgraded or renovated, rather. The library had trashy novels, it's a small library. I didn't see anybody doing anything in any of the activity areas. It was just dead. It was an independent living and you stayed in the independent living until -- they did what they called an extended assisted living so that you stayed in your independent place while you got assisted living. But then they didn't have skilled nursing.

August 06, 2021

By Reviewer#AT0624b

I found The Amberleigh. I thought that it was just for me, I looked at two different two-bedroom apartments. I thought they were clean. I didn't see a pool or anything like that, they have a room where they have gym classes, music, and different events like that. The activities vary daily.

July 20, 2021

By sambuca

Moving my parents from the Atlanta area to Buffalo had many challenges. Another challenge I had was timing. My parents were going to arrive at Amberleigh 8 or 9 days before their furniture. Amberleigh offered to let my folks stay in one of their guest apartments until their furniture arrived and their stuff unpacked. If my parents had to stay in a hotel… no car, not familiar with the area, meals… ugh. Amberleigh did not charge us any additional fee for the use of their guest apartment. It was a great relief to know that my parents had a place to stay when the got here. Thank you Amberleigh.

July 18, 2021

By Andrea M.

The staff is wonderful. Very attentive and caring. The rooms are very clean and bright. They have a variety of activities for the residents. The food is excellent. I would highly recommend this place.

July 01, 2021

By Dianne

The Amberleigh was very bright and shiny. They had lots of pictures on the walls, and it was one way people found their way around. They could remember what kind of picture was on the wall when they turned. A lot of people had wreaths on their doors. They had flower arrangements on the tables, and they had a grand piano at the end of the first room. There were lots of chairs and tables in every room and in every nook and cranny, so you could meet some friends in the corner. Everybody seemed really happy. A lot of giggly women saying they were so glad that they were there. Not all of them were older people. We liked it very much. The person who toured us was an older woman. She was fun and knew everything by heart. She didn't have to look up anything. We looked at four different apartments, and she knew all about them before we got in. She was very knowledgeable. We didn't look at a studio room, but all had big windows. They were very nice and one had dishwashers in the small kitchens. They think they're going to take those out and put a washer and dryer unit in. I thought that was nice to have a washer and dryer in the apartment, since you probably do not need a dishwasher. You get three meals a day, and you won't be home that much. The apartments were well-kept, and they were doing some renovations on them too. Their menu looked very nice. If you don't like the things on the menu, they have another menu that they serve every day. My husband said they had beef, while I saw a fruit salad. Everybody liked it. They also have a hair salon, exercises every day, a coffee in an activity room, fresh baked cookies in another room, crafts, a documentary in the evening, music in the activity room, movie and popcorn, ice cream sandwich socials, and jazz music in the atrium. It had a general store inside where they had stacks of toilet paper; they also had other bathroom needs, aspirin and toothpaste. Everything was a dollar except the adult diapers, and that goes on to your bill for the end of the month. They don't accept money for anything. I thought that was really nice and cute. The lady that was there was nice too. They have grocery trips just right across street. They just have a lot of things going on.

June 18, 2021

By DBT

My Mother moved into The Amberleigh a month ago. The marketing team, was very professional, helpful and patient as we worked through the decision making process. They even helped us find a mover! Right away, we were impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, and Mom really likes her housekeeper. The food is really good and my mother loves the variety of options she has! She loves the fresh fruit and her favorite is The Amberleigh salad. Every time, I visit, I am greeted as if I am a member of the Amberleigh family and the residents are always friendly and seem very happy here!

February 01, 2021

By Marty

My mom's going to The Amberleigh. My mother-in-law is there as well, so I'm very familiar with it. It's very nice and affordable, and the apartments are very nice, updated and clean. They have nice facilities, and they are more spacious than the other places we looked at. The staff is good. They're not putting any pressure on you. They make the search convenient.

January 23, 2021

By LAHebeler

My mom loves The Amberleigh. She is entering her 4th year as a resident in their Independent Living. She has made so many friends and good memories. The staff really takes good care of their residents, and make them feel special. They do so much - from hosting watch parties for the Buffalo Bills, to snack carts, offering speaker series and movies - there is always something going on. She often tells me how spoiled she is. During this time of COVID they are going above and beyond to keep them safe and happy. I highly recommend The Amberleigh.

January 19, 2021

By Claudette

I went to The Amberleigh. They had 2-bedroom-2-bath. The staff was so gracious. She showed us the rooms and she has called us several times. She's such a sweetheart. She showed us around, I would give her some credit for that. She was so sweet. I like her. They have some type of assistance if you require. If you get in a condition where you need it, before they send you to a nursing home, they would give you some assistance there. The staff was such a darling because of her rapport. I don't care to live there, but I think she is a sweetheart. We got there late because we got lost trying to find it, but she was kind enough to show us three different rooms and gave us the pricing. They have housekeeping, they change the linen, clean your apartment, and take out the trash once a week. Mailboxes are in the hall. They have spacious hallways. They have 2-bedrooms with walk-in showers and 1-bedrooms with tubs, which is nice. It's kinda like what we would want; however, the price is kind of steep for us. They have really good facilities. They seem friendly enough, and the people that live there are quite friendly. I think it's a wonderful place. It is kinda far out, though, and I don't like going way, way out there. I want to be closer to where I live now. I saw where they sat around, and because the sun was nice and warm, it was nice. They kept the building nice and clean. The people sat out in the family room and visited one another. They were excellent and they were very nice. I like The Amberleigh.

October 02, 2020

By David

We are going to sign the lease for The Amberleigh for my grandfather. We've been there, it's close to my mom's work, it's not far from where we live, and he's been there before. He had friends that were there, he likes it, and it's a nice place. The food seemed to be relatively gourmet, it's actually good food, and it seemed like a place where they do a lot of activities, which is something that I wanted to focus on with him, because he's a social guy and likes to get out the most. They had three floors, they had a lot of lounges and community rooms, a cafeteria, they have a gym, a barber, a store that you can go and purchase candy and snacks, and different things. The staff seems very helpful, accommodating, if you're sick they'll bring your meal to your room, and they have an outside service that provides in-home aides that do different things.

January 03, 2018

By Jenny

The staff at The Amberleigh was very nice, very accommodating, very friendly, and very thorough. They had lots to offer, including assisted living and memory care. They had everything, like vans that take them to doctors, to the stores, and everywhere you want to go. They've got a ton of clubs like bridge clubs, card clubs, puzzle clubs, crafts clubs, movie clubs, a variety of religious services, personal trainers, OT and PT services, and a volunteer club where they were making blankets to give to babies. The staff was very interactive and very outgoing with the residents. They had a Halloween party going on when I went. They were dressed up in costumes, and they let the residents vote for the best costumes. They had music going. They had a very full active calendar. The staff seemed to interact with them throughout. They had high school students working there which the residents just love. They had a wide variety of food and a variety of hours for them to go for breakfast and lunch where you pick off of a menu.

March 28, 2017

By Rae318184

The Amberleigh's rooms were a bit nicer than others, and you had a choice of having a little apartment where you have a separate living room or sitting area and a separate bedroom, or you could have a glorified hotel room. It was newly remodeled and the bathroom had a nice wooden cabinet where you could store some things, plus a nice counter at the sink. They had an activities room and did outings in the local community. They had bingo, clubs, and a separate dining room if you want to hold a private party for family. They had a nice dining room, just like a fancy restaurant. The people were very friendly, very respectful, and caring toward the elderly residents. There was a separate entrance to go into the memory care if you wanted to, which was a nice feature.

March 06, 2017

By Chris445163

My mother-in-law was at Amberleigh, and about 2 weeks later, she fell and had to go into a long-term healthcare facility. But at the time she was there, I thought it was very good. She was in an apartment, which was very large, and it was brand new, so it was excellent. They had arts and crafts and music. She was really too far gone to take much advantage of them.

November 19, 2016

By Sam125132

We are happy with the appearance of Amberleigh, the staff, the back courtyard, and the whole feel of the place. The staff was very accommodating, and the accommodations are great, so we were very pleased. The food was very good. They have a chef on staff that makes everything great. The dining room is large, nice, clean, and comfortable, and the service is great.

August 30, 2016

By KPPP

I stopped in for a tour and immediately fell in love with Amberleigh. The warm friendly atmosphere made me feel at home right away. I was impressed with how the staff interacted with the residents and greeted them all by name. I knew right away that Amberleigh is the perfect place for my father. I'm sure that he will look forward to joining their Men's club and all the various activities and outings.

March 08, 2016

By Letitia1

Mom really liked and felt comfortable in The Amberleigh. It has a homey feel as soon as you walk in and a warm and inviting atmosphere. The lady who showed us around was very pleasant. The decor and rooms were very nice. It had a salon, an exercise room, a community room, group activities, and outings for residents.

December 10, 2015

The Amberleigh was very nice, but the residents were a lot older than me, so I don’t think I will go there for the next five years. The staff was very nice too. I would absolutely recommend this facility to other people as long as they can afford it. They have cards and exercises and all kinds of activities that most facilities offer. The rooms and apartments are very nice.

October 28, 2015

By Richard B.

The Amberleigh was very nice. The people were friendly, the location was good, the grounds were well-kept, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I looked at the one- and two-bedroom apartments, and I liked both. Their costs seemed very much in line with everybody else's.

January 25, 2015

By Karen 22

When we were looking for a place for my dad, we found Amberleigh to be the best in the area. They have an amazing staff that greets each resident by name, they take the extra time to spend with the residents or just say a friendly hello. The apartments are the perfect size, food is wonderful with an amazing variety and plenty of activities and outings to go on. I would highly recommend Amberleigh to anyone looking for senior housing for their loved one.

January 25, 2015

By Loves Amberleigh 100%

Amberleigh is tops! I selected this community because my parents were actually bored at home and needed others around to socialize with. The meals are very good and the staff is unlike anyothers we've met- so sweet and compassionate to seniors. The director has a life time committment to seniors and it shows. All staff under her direction are kind, know all of the residents names and go above and beyond the call of duty. It is clean, attractive but most of all a true place to call home for seniors.

September 22, 2014

The rooms at Amberleigh were sufficient and nice, and you could pick either one or two bedrooms. The staff was very helpful, cooperative, friendly, and was able to answer all my questions, and it seemed to be a very nice place. If I was to move into a senior facility, I would pick this one. They've got an activity center with games, an exercise room, and a library.

Memory Care Reviews for The Amberleigh

July 24, 2019

By David

Amberleigh was clean and very nice. The layout was large and involved lots of walking. The staff was very knowledgeable and very friendly. It's a very nice community for someone with decent mobility. The had a beauty salon, a gift shop, and activity room.

April 30, 2019

By Pat

The Amberleigh was very nice. They were not just rooms, but full, large and bright apartments, so there's plenty of room. They take the people out to stores, restaurant, and little gatherings. They also have activities during the day. I like the staff. They were very informative and pleasant.

By pk

My mother is in memory care. The staff are super-kind, patient, understanding, and resonsive. I feel reassured knowing she is being well taken care of.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about The Amberleigh

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff are required to take a number of on-line training sessions each month, on several different topics, such as resident safety, security, emergency situations, care of dementia patients, harassment policies, HIPPA policies, etc. (As required by NYS.)

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Amberleigh. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents that range in age from 61 to 102. Our average age is in the mid eighties. Our residents love to sit in the lobby and chat, listen to live music, play cards and bingo and participate in the many craft activities we schedule. Residents enjoy going into the community for our diverse field trips.

What programs or activities does The Amberleigh offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a full schedule of activities every day with games, crafts and exercise classes .

What places are near The Amberleigh or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There is a grocery store right across the street, a Lowe's next door and a mall with several small shops and restaurants right next door. We even have a doctor's office directly in front of our building.

What transportation services does The Amberleigh offer to assisted living residents?

Amberleigh offers transportation to Drs. appointments, grocery stores, malls, nail salons and barbershops. We often schedule outings to area restaurants, concerts and parks.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Amberleigh exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have tailored our menu to the interests of our residents, with monthly meetings asking their feedback on the menu. We serve many of the local favorites such as beef on weck, chicken wings, fried bologna and pizza! We have low sodium and sugar free options available.

What safety features or security measures does The Amberleigh offer to assisted living residents?

Apartments are handicapped accessible, and all hallways have railings. Each apartment has pull cords in the bathrooms and bedrooms. Cameras keep the building secure, and a receptionist sitting at the front door monitors all who come and go.

How does The Amberleigh keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a "Constant contact" email system used to keep families in the loop on the happenings at Amberleigh. We also work with residents to schedule facetime and zoom meetings with their families if they choose. Our case manager makes calls to families to keep them updated on their loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Amberleigh during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff each floor of 24 apartments with a nurse and an aid. We also have a Wellness director, an assistant Wellness director and a case manager who assist with residents.

If The Amberleigh accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are located on 23 acres of beautiful grounds where residents are free to take their pets. All apartments also have a patio or a balcony.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Amberleigh. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Amberleigh has organized?

We recently planned several outings to enjoy the fall foliage, outdoor picnics and an outdoor concert at Amherst Town Park. Residents also enjoy museum visits and going out to lunch.

What transportation services does The Amberleigh offer to independent living residents?

Amberleigh offers transportation to Drs. appointments, grocery stores, malls, nail salons and barbershops. We often schedule outings to area restaurants, concerts and parks which we will provide transportation to.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Amberleigh exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have tailored our menu to the interests of our residents, with monthly meetings asking for their feedback on the menu. We serve many of the local favorites such as beef on weck, chicken wings, fried bologna and pizza! We also have low sodium and sugar free options.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large lobby where residents sit end enjoy each other's company. We have several small lounges throughout the building, a private dining room, an exercise room, an activities room, a theatre room.

What safety features or security measures does The Amberleigh offer to independent living residents?

Our two main entrances to the building are staffed with receptionists who monitor residents coming and going. We have twenty four hour security and emergency pull cords in resident apartments.

We sit on 23 acres of beautiful grounds where residents are free to take their pets. Each apartment also has a patio and a balcony.

Does The Amberleigh work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes, we have several private aides that serve residents, as well as an on site home health agency.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

For our 17 residents, two aides and a nurse on staff around the clock.

What safety features or security measures does The Amberleigh provide to protect residents who wander?

Our two main entrances to the building are staffed with receptionists who monitor residents coming and going. Our memory care unit is secured at both ends of the wing.

What programs or activities does The Amberleigh offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have several activities schedule each day to keep resident engaged and busy. The activities include crafts, games, music, exercise and regular gatherings for snacks, etc.

Our case manager assesses each resident every six months, or as needed, when a change is noticeable.

What techniques does The Amberleigh use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our memory care residents all eat together and are supervised by the staff.

How does The Amberleigh keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our case manager makes regular calls to families to keep them updated. She is also available to them whenever they have questions.

Describe the neighborhood around The Amberleigh. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located on 23 acres of property within the town of Williamsville.

Is The Amberleigh affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We send residents out to a hospital which is one mile down the road from us, and work with several skilled nursing facilities in the area.

Photos of The Amberleigh

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: None

About The Amberleigh

Explore new interests at The Amberleigh, where our blend of desired amenities and convenient services offers residents a vibrant lifestyle that encourages health and independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Our Williamsville, New York, Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community provides comfortable features such as walk-in closets and individual climate controls with the added benefits of emergency call buttons and bathrooms with assist hand rails in all one- and two-bedroom apartment homes. The Amberleigh offers privacy and freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable surroundings. At the same time, we offer companionship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone, home maintenance and housework. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle with weekly housekeeping services, beautifully manicured grounds and recreation and entertainment programming that will impress family and friends. Our residents have the freedom to partake in special Sunday brunches in our tastefully decorated dining room or visit a number of local and chain restaurants surrounding our community less than 30 minutes from Buffalo, NY, and its highly regarded medical services.

Map of The Amberleigh