The Amberleigh

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

2330 Maple Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221
The Amberleigh (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 6 days

2021 May Savings in Full Bloom! Please call the community for more details!

Reviews of The Amberleigh

Assisted Living Reviews for The Amberleigh

By Jim

We have been very happy with the overal care of this facility. The employees are very happy and always ready to assist. Place is clean always and the amentites are well worth the price. Dad has been very happy and they always keep the folks happy.

December 13, 2018

By Ginger S.

My mother lives in Independent living and is now in need of a little more help. I toured the Assisted Living side of the building and what an amazing experience. My dealings with Elaine and Joy in marketing were very informative and they are very understanding and patient with all of my questions. The assisted living side of the building is bright and cheery. I met the director, Pam and sat with her. she was very attentive, answered all of our questions, and really made us feel like this was home. Her professionalism and dedication is contagious through my meetings of the rest of the staff. All of the staff were welcoming and greeted us with smiles. The building was clean and there no odors like I have experienced in other facilities. The dining room is cozy and had a great menu selection. The activity calendar is full with a lot of options. Residents look very happy. We are excited about our upcoming move.

December 07, 2017

By Linda

The Amberleigh has a room with some different equipment in it, like a hydro bath where you could transfer from your wheelchair into it, and water jets help your legs for circulation. The location was perfect. They were getting ready for a Bill's game when I visited; everybody was up for that and they had decorations, so it was a very nice atmosphere. The person who gave us the tour was very knowledgeable and answered any questions we had, so she was an excellent representative for their facility.

September 30, 2017

By Hans

The amenities at The Amberleigh were very good. They had a physical therapy room and dining area. I was told they had transportation for the residents, and I saw the list of activities.

January 09, 2017

By Carolyn834584

I visited a friend of mine at The Amberleigh, and it is a very nice place. I would not mind living there, as well. Her apartment is lovely and very spacious. I have tried their food a couple of times, and it is very good. The people I know who live there are extremely happy.

Independent Living Reviews for The Amberleigh

By Tim Fox

I have found my Dad's stay at The Amberleigh very satisfying. As a child it is always hard to see your parents sell the family home and move out! I can say we haven't looked back since he has been there [May 2017]. After my Mom died he was alone, there he has friends and is social. He fell in his apt. over the summer and activated his pull cord and the Security guard was in his room calling me to let let me know what happened. My Dad will tell you how he has put on 20 pounds since he has been there, he LOVES the food!

By Happy L.

My mother currently lives in Independent Living and is need for a little bit more help these days. We have decided to stay with this Community and move her to the attached Assisted Living. My dealings with Elaine and Joy in Marketing have been absolutely amazing. they are both very knowledgeable, helpful, and understanding of our situation. I was able to meet and speak with the Director of Assisted living, Pam, and was even more put at ease about this tough decision. She put all of our fears at rest. She is thorough, extremely caring, and I can tell all of her residents are her first priority. the Building is bright, cheerful, and above all clean. There were no odors as I have found in other facilities. all the staff I came in contact with were friendly. There is a wonderful dining room, full activities available, and spa tubs for the residents to use. I can tell already this is the right choice.

December 11, 2018

By jkemp

had looked at Amberleigh a few years ago and my father was not ready to make the move. We decided to go back and take another tour. It started out on a good note and ended even better!! The building is beautiful with a fresh face, new décor and carpeting. The atrium area is great. So much going on and lots of residents laughing and seem very happy. Elaine gave a fantastic and informative tour. She answered every question my father had. As we were on the tour, all of the residents stopped and said hello stating how much they like living there. We stayed for lunch and it was very good. They staff is A++! Everyone had a smile and stopped to greet us. They really had a way of making us feel at home. You can see how the staff interacts with the residents and it was very endearing to watch. The director Jon had a great talk with my father and his warmth added into our decision. The calendar was packed with many different things so he can take part in what he chooses to. By the end, my father was sold! Not just on the building, the great apartment size or the staff the whole atmosphere. We are thrilled that he moved in and things are going exactly as we thought... AMAZING!!!!!

January 03, 2018

By Jenny

The staff at The Amberleigh was very nice, very accommodating, very friendly, and very thorough. They had lots to offer, including assisted living and memory care. They had everything, like vans that take them to doctors, to the stores, and everywhere you want to go. They've got a ton of clubs like bridge clubs, card clubs, puzzle clubs, crafts clubs, movie clubs, a variety of religious services, personal trainers, OT and PT services, and a volunteer club where they were making blankets to give to babies. The staff was very interactive and very outgoing with the residents. They had a Halloween party going on when I went. They were dressed up in costumes, and they let the residents vote for the best costumes. They had music going. They had a very full active calendar. The staff seemed to interact with them throughout. They had high school students working there which the residents just love. They had a wide variety of food and a variety of hours for them to go for breakfast and lunch where you pick off of a menu.

March 28, 2017

By Rae318184

The Amberleigh's rooms were a bit nicer than others, and you had a choice of having a little apartment where you have a separate living room or sitting area and a separate bedroom, or you could have a glorified hotel room. It was newly remodeled and the bathroom had a nice wooden cabinet where you could store some things, plus a nice counter at the sink. They had an activities room and did outings in the local community. They had bingo, clubs, and a separate dining room if you want to hold a private party for family. They had a nice dining room, just like a fancy restaurant. The people were very friendly, very respectful, and caring toward the elderly residents. There was a separate entrance to go into the memory care if you wanted to, which was a nice feature.

March 06, 2017

By Chris445163

My mother-in-law was at Amberleigh, and about 2 weeks later, she fell and had to go into a long-term healthcare facility. But at the time she was there, I thought it was very good. She was in an apartment, which was very large, and it was brand new, so it was excellent. They had arts and crafts and music. She was really too far gone to take much advantage of them.

November 19, 2016

By Sam125132

We are happy with the appearance of Amberleigh, the staff, the back courtyard, and the whole feel of the place. The staff was very accommodating, and the accommodations are great, so we were very pleased. The food was very good. They have a chef on staff that makes everything great. The dining room is large, nice, clean, and comfortable, and the service is great.

August 30, 2016

By KPPP

I stopped in for a tour and immediately fell in love with Amberleigh. The warm friendly atmosphere made me feel at home right away. I was impressed with how the staff interacted with the residents and greeted them all by name. I knew right away that Amberleigh is the perfect place for my father. I'm sure that he will look forward to joining their Men's club and all the various activities and outings.

March 08, 2016

By Letitia1

Mom really liked and felt comfortable in The Amberleigh. It has a homey feel as soon as you walk in and a warm and inviting atmosphere. The lady who showed us around was very pleasant. The decor and rooms were very nice. It had a salon, an exercise room, a community room, group activities, and outings for residents.

December 10, 2015

The Amberleigh was very nice, but the residents were a lot older than me, so I don’t think I will go there for the next five years. The staff was very nice too. I would absolutely recommend this facility to other people as long as they can afford it. They have cards and exercises and all kinds of activities that most facilities offer. The rooms and apartments are very nice.

October 28, 2015

By Richard B.

The Amberleigh was very nice. The people were friendly, the location was good, the grounds were well-kept, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I looked at the one- and two-bedroom apartments, and I liked both. Their costs seemed very much in line with everybody else's.

January 25, 2015

By Karen 22

When we were looking for a place for my dad, we found Amberleigh to be the best in the area. They have an amazing staff that greets each resident by name, they take the extra time to spend with the residents or just say a friendly hello. The apartments are the perfect size, food is wonderful with an amazing variety and plenty of activities and outings to go on. I would highly recommend Amberleigh to anyone looking for senior housing for their loved one.

January 25, 2015

By Loves Amberleigh 100%

Amberleigh is tops! I selected this community because my parents were actually bored at home and needed others around to socialize with. The meals are very good and the staff is unlike anyothers we've met- so sweet and compassionate to seniors. The director has a life time committment to seniors and it shows. All staff under her direction are kind, know all of the residents names and go above and beyond the call of duty. It is clean, attractive but most of all a true place to call home for seniors.

September 22, 2014

The rooms at Amberleigh were sufficient and nice, and you could pick either one or two bedrooms. The staff was very helpful, cooperative, friendly, and was able to answer all my questions, and it seemed to be a very nice place. If I was to move into a senior facility, I would pick this one. They've got an activity center with games, an exercise room, and a library.

Memory Care Reviews for The Amberleigh

By pk

My mother is in memory care. The staff are super-kind, patient, understanding, and resonsive. I feel reassured knowing she is being well taken care of.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about The Amberleigh

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff are required to take a number of on-line training sessions each month, on several different topics, such as resident safety, security, emergency situations, care of dementia patients, harassment policies, HIPPA policies, etc. (As required by NYS.)

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Amberleigh. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents that range in age from 61 to 102. Our average age is in the mid eighties. Our residents love to sit in the lobby and chat, listen to live music, play cards and bingo and participate in the many craft activities we schedule. Residents enjoy going into the community for our diverse field trips.

What programs or activities does The Amberleigh offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a full schedule of activities every day with games, crafts and exercise classes .

What places are near The Amberleigh or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There is a grocery store right across the street, a Lowe's next door and a mall with several small shops and restaurants right next door. We even have a doctor's office directly in front of our building.

What transportation services does The Amberleigh offer to assisted living residents?

Amberleigh offers transportation to Drs. appointments, grocery stores, malls, nail salons and barbershops. We often schedule outings to area restaurants, concerts and parks.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Amberleigh exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have tailored our menu to the interests of our residents, with monthly meetings asking their feedback on the menu. We serve many of the local favorites such as beef on weck, chicken wings, fried bologna and pizza! We have low sodium and sugar free options available.

What safety features or security measures does The Amberleigh offer to assisted living residents?

Apartments are handicapped accessible, and all hallways have railings. Each apartment has pull cords in the bathrooms and bedrooms. Cameras keep the building secure, and a receptionist sitting at the front door monitors all who come and go.

How does The Amberleigh keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a "Constant contact" email system used to keep families in the loop on the happenings at Amberleigh. We also work with residents to schedule facetime and zoom meetings with their families if they choose. Our case manager makes calls to families to keep them updated on their loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Amberleigh during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff each floor of 24 apartments with a nurse and an aid. We also have a Wellness director, an assistant Wellness director and a case manager who assist with residents.

If The Amberleigh accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are located on 23 acres of beautiful grounds where residents are free to take their pets. All apartments also have a patio or a balcony.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Amberleigh. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Amberleigh has organized?

We recently planned several outings to enjoy the fall foliage, outdoor picnics and an outdoor concert at Amherst Town Park. Residents also enjoy museum visits and going out to lunch.

What transportation services does The Amberleigh offer to independent living residents?

Amberleigh offers transportation to Drs. appointments, grocery stores, malls, nail salons and barbershops. We often schedule outings to area restaurants, concerts and parks which we will provide transportation to.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Amberleigh exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have tailored our menu to the interests of our residents, with monthly meetings asking for their feedback on the menu. We serve many of the local favorites such as beef on weck, chicken wings, fried bologna and pizza! We also have low sodium and sugar free options.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large lobby where residents sit end enjoy each other's company. We have several small lounges throughout the building, a private dining room, an exercise room, an activities room, a theatre room.

What safety features or security measures does The Amberleigh offer to independent living residents?

Our two main entrances to the building are staffed with receptionists who monitor residents coming and going. We have twenty four hour security and emergency pull cords in resident apartments.

We sit on 23 acres of beautiful grounds where residents are free to take their pets. Each apartment also has a patio and a balcony.

Does The Amberleigh work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes, we have several private aides that serve residents, as well as an on site home health agency.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

For our 17 residents, two aides and a nurse on staff around the clock.

What safety features or security measures does The Amberleigh provide to protect residents who wander?

Our two main entrances to the building are staffed with receptionists who monitor residents coming and going. Our memory care unit is secured at both ends of the wing.

What programs or activities does The Amberleigh offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have several activities schedule each day to keep resident engaged and busy. The activities include crafts, games, music, exercise and regular gatherings for snacks, etc.

Our case manager assesses each resident every six months, or as needed, when a change is noticeable.

What techniques does The Amberleigh use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our memory care residents all eat together and are supervised by the staff.

How does The Amberleigh keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our case manager makes regular calls to families to keep them updated. She is also available to them whenever they have questions.

Describe the neighborhood around The Amberleigh. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located on 23 acres of property within the town of Williamsville.

Is The Amberleigh affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We send residents out to a hospital which is one mile down the road from us, and work with several skilled nursing facilities in the area.

Photos of The Amberleigh

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: None

About The Amberleigh

Explore new interests at The Amberleigh, where our blend of desired amenities and convenient services offers residents a vibrant lifestyle that encourages health and independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Our Williamsville, New York, Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community provides comfortable features such as walk-in closets and individual climate controls with the added benefits of emergency call buttons and bathrooms with assist hand rails in all one- and two-bedroom apartment homes. The Amberleigh offers privacy and freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable surroundings. At the same time, we offer companionship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone, home maintenance and housework. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle with weekly housekeeping services, beautifully manicured grounds and recreation and entertainment programming that will impress family and friends. Our residents have the freedom to partake in special Sunday brunches in our tastefully decorated dining room or visit a number of local and chain restaurants surrounding our community less than 30 minutes from Buffalo, NY, and its highly regarded medical services.

Map of The Amberleigh