34 Assisted Living Facilities near Cheektowaga, NY
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cheektowaga area, with 4 in Cheektowaga and 30 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cheektowaga is $4,740 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Lancaster with an average starting cost of $3,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 324 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cheektowaga. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cheektowaga 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lancaster with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cheektowaga, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cheektowaga, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
Cheektowaga, New York, is the second-largest suburb of Buffalo and home to the largest mall in the Buffalo area, the Walden Galleria. Seniors can enjoy the town's rich cultural diversity, with many residents descendant from the Irish, Polish, German, Italian and French. Citizens can select from 38 assisted living facilities within the greater Cheektowaga area, with four directly in the suburb. Assisted living facilities in Cheektowaga and throughout New York are known as adult care facilities (ACF), and they provided long-term, nonmedical residential services to dependent adults. ACFs in Cheektowaga are licensed and regulated by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
- The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority provides public transportation in Cheektowaga. Seniors qualify for half-off regular bus and rail fare in the surrounding areas. Conveniently, the town is home to the nearest major airport, Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Cheektowaga has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cheektowaga Department of Senior Services, an organization that offers assistance in filing for Medicare and Medicaid, income tax preparation and visiting nurses in addition to a full schedule of recreational activities. There are also 35 senior citizen groups throughout the town.
- The Cheektowaga area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sisters of Charity Hospital St. Joseph Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Average temperatures in Cheektowaga typically range from 72 degrees in the winter to 25 degrees in the summer. Because of its location in western New York, Cheektowaga receives nearly 3.5 times more snow than the national average. In addition to the extreme precipitation, seniors should also be aware that Cheektowaga has experienced tornadoes in the past.
- The overall cost of living in Cheektowaga is 32 percent cheaper than the average cost of living in New York. Seniors who choose to live in this area will find Cheektowaga housing is nearly one-third the price of New York at large.
- On a scale of 1-100 (with 100 being best), Cheektowaga's air quality receives a score of 71, 13 percent higher than the national average. Cheektowaga's above-average air quality could suggest a better quality of life living for seniors with chronic illness aggravated by pollution.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Cheektowaga start around $4,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cheektowaga and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
Seniors seeking financial assistance for assisted living in Cheektowaga should look to the Medicaid program's Assisted Living Program (ALP) waiver, available to 4,200 applicants, either private-paying or Medicaid recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cheektowaga
Cheektowaga and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cheektowaga, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cheektowaga
Cheektowaga-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cheektowaga, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
Review of Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga
The tour at Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga was very nice. The director was extremely pleasant and personable. They seemed to have all of the amenities that we were looking for. Based on a p... Read more
Review of Elderwood Assisted Living at Cheektowaga
Elderwood Assisted Living at Cheektowaga wasn't as new as the other place I toured, but they were putting in some new flooring and apartments as needed. They were updating some of the flooring in t... Read more
Review of Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga
I toured Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga. I looked at their assisted living and the thing that I liked the most was that they were helpful and gave a great tour. The place was clean, active,... Read more