Elderwood Village at Bassett Park

Elderwood Village at Bassett Park (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Elderwood Village at Bassett Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Elderwood Village at Bassett Park

March 27, 2015

I have visited Emeritus at Bassett Manor, and they have basically one room. I don't want a one room; I wanted the bedroom separate. They are basically a one room apartment, and they don't have a kitchenette. They just got one room and a bathroom right off that room. Basically everybody had almost the same things as far as the activities goes. I actually viewed it on the cleanliness of the rooms, the cleanliness of the place, and the personnel in the facility. They are all good. I didn't care for it because when I saw they only have one room, I didn't take the whole tour. I wanted a one bedroom. Everybody is very friendly, very nice, and warm. But when I heard they had just one room, I didn't care for it.

February 19, 2015

By Frank37

I choose Emeritus because I think the level of care is good, and the food is good. The facility offers a lot, and it is slightly in the best price range for something that I think is adequate for my mother. The staff is very good, very helpful, and friendly. I have no problem with them. My mother has only been there about four days. Yesterday, she did some kind of finger painting. It impresses me that they seem to be looking forward to having my mother in there. I think they go out of their way to make seem like it is the best place.

December 10, 2014

By Janet97247350

Dad has been at Basset Manor for about 3 to 4 weeks now, and he's doing very well. The moment we walked in the door we felt welcome, and we felt the warmth of the people that work there. We talked to some people that had relatives who lived there previously or were currently living there, and it was just a positive experience in general. Dad has met some nice men who has had conversations with and shared meals with, and they have a wonderful veterans group that has been welcoming to him, so he's getting settled in. I'm very pleased with them. The place was more like a house than an institution. It was warm; it has a living room, an aquarium, a bird cage, people watching TV, and playing cards. It was very nice. They have wonderful, home cooked food on-site. I had a couple of meals with dad. His favorite thing is the breakfast because he gets a hot breakfast every day. He's gone to the veterans group a couple of times, but he's not really a joiner, and he's a little bit solitary. So I don't believe he has joined them tin anything other than maybe watching TV or movie.

December 06, 2014

By Barb21

My mom is in Emeritus at Bassett Manor for a few months now. I look at a few places, and Emeritus just feels right. The rooms are small, but they are adequate. My mom didn't like it at first, but after two or three months, she realized that this is the best place for her to be. It is a wonderful place. Everybody is just very nice, and they get along with the activities. My mom goes to choir and chapel. She plays cards and bingo. They do exercise, and they go for ice cream. The grounds are clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly. They know my name, and everybody knows everybody's name, so it is amazing. I don't even know how they go through a hiring process to make sure they are choosing people that are that caring. It is wonderful. It is right next to Bassett Park, which is quiet, and there is a church on one side. It is clean, and it is everything that I expected. I never taste the food, but my mother loves it. She cleans her plate all of the time. I will most definitely recommend them to relatives and friends.

September 29, 2014

My mother was in Emeritus for awhile. We never really cared for the place. It wasn’t the staff -- they really helped my mother and stuff -- but the management in place was terrible. They did not know the procedures of when they sign the patient out. They did not give her medications. There’s nobody at the front desk. They have a media room, movie nights, and exercise class. Mother said the food was good, and her room was very clean.

August 15, 2014

We chose Emeritus at Bassett Manor because it was close to family and it was clean. We like it. My experience with the staff is fair. Communication is an issue, though. They don't communicate with each other very well. Their rooms are smaller. With regard to the food, my uncle says it is fine. Food is good. He also likes the activities. He often goes for the activities. They have a good amount of them.

April 11, 2014

By Geraldine10

Emeritus at Bassett Manor was fine. It was very clean. The staff was very friendly. It's very expensive; I can't afford it. The facility itself is big, but they have small one-bedroom apartments that I can't live in. It's not adequate for me. I wanted them to have a swimming pool too.

April 11, 2014

By Bonnie28

We were at Emeritus, which was really going to be our first selection. Their population was a little bit higher. The rooms were very nice. They had private baths, but the cost was a little bit more than we could afford. Their religious life wasn't available other than for Mom to get maybe a ride or to go with someone to a church that was just down the block. That was one of the bigger decisions that we had to make. The staff was very nice. Everything was very, very nice. They had movie night. They would have been my second choice.

March 27, 2014

By Gail22

Emeritus Bassett Manor was very helpful. I was really impressed with the way the staff is loving towards the residents, its cleanliness, and efficiency. I think they're running a little short lately. But the food is excellent, and the only complaint they have had is that the food is too good. Dad's room is very nice, and they keep it very clean for him. I'm impressed with the activities that they offer. They try to encourage him to take part. I like the compassion that the staff has for the people.

November 27, 2013

It's been a month now since my mother is at Emeritus at Bassett Manor. My mother has adjusted really well. She really liked the facility. The rooms are just adequate. They have all kinds of activities like bingo.

June 26, 2013

I was impressed with Emeritus at Bassett Manor. My mom stayed there. It was very clean and everybody was very friendly and caring. I would recommend this facility.

May 11, 2013

By Don8

Both of the facilities that I visited were very nice. Everything was great. I particularly liked Emeritus at Basset Manor. It was all one-story, and it seemed that there was a great deal of help to get you in and out to dinner and to various meals, or things of that nature. It would be nice to put my grandmother in there, but the cost was way too high and totally out of my budget. I thought it might work for my wife. She doesn't need a lot of care or a lot of room and it was a home away from home.

September 17, 2012

By caring9111

Price was not the only thing that made me choose Emeritus at Bassett Manor. It was the cleanliness, the staff's reception when I walked in the door, and the location, so it's based on that. The residents all seem fine.

October 10, 2011

By MelissaL

My Grandma entered this facility a week ago and it is very likely we will remove her. (Needless to say this will be another really difficult transition, as moving in was a big decison). She was neglected from day one - crying in her room waiting for someone to help her undress. There was no orientation on what to expect. No care plan was given to my family after it was requested. She wanted to meet others, but didn't know where to go and there was nobody to help her. Timelines and personnel have constantly changed. She now sits in the doorway so she doesn't get forgotten. They have changed her table seating 3-4 times in the past week. I believe they are overworked, but to go through this difficult decision and have your worst fears of neglect realized is heartbreaking. They listen to our issues, but yet things have not changed appreciably. I want to warn others to reference check residents; maybe our situation is particularly difficult and others have had better luck...but it is not working out well for us.

Melissa, This is terrible to hear and far from the type of experience and service we aim to provide our seniors. I'm very sorry to hear that your grandmother is enduring such a difficult transition. I hope that we can work together and discuss what happened. Please give us a call at (800) 429-4828 or visit our website at http://www.emeritus.com/ethics. More than anything, we hope to hear from you and find out how we can make your grandmother's experience better, be that at our community or at another. Thank you.

July 27, 2011

Upon my arrival to tour this facility as a possible home for my mother I had a somewhat alarming experience .One of the residents was in the parking lot trying to get into a parked car.An aide quickly came to escort the resident back into the facility.I overheard her telling fellow staff members that she had retrieved keys from a fellow staff member and was trying to unlock the car doors.Although I was happy to see everyone was alright I was not at all comfortable with my Mom being there. While on the tour I was taken through a residents room who was in the memory care unit.This particular residents closet doors were broken and bulging out not at all what I would deem acceptable for my Mom to live in.Very disappointing considering my phone conversation while setting this appointment was very helpful and pleasant.

We appreciate your feedback, regarding your recent experience with our community. We take great care to ensure that our community is safe and comfortable for our residents, so it's definitely disappointing to hear that your experience was less than expected. However, nobody is perfect and we always seek ways to improve. Please feel free to give us a call at (800) 429-4828 or visit our website at http://www.emeritus.com/ethics. We hope to hear back from you soon and get more details about your recent experience. Thank you.

Questions about Elderwood Village at Bassett Park

What places are near Elderwood Village at Bassett Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community is right across the street from Bassett Park in Williamsville. This park is home to summer outdoor concerts and you will always see families bike riding or walking their dogs. Our front porch is a great place to grab a lemonade, relax in a rocker and enjoy the sights and sounds of the neighborhood.

What transportation services does Elderwood Village at Bassett Park offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to scheduled medical appointments, shopping and entertainment. Resident outings are incorporated into our monthly events calendar. We are always going somewhere new!

What makes the chef or dining program at Elderwood Village at Bassett Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining here at our community is restaurant-style. Our spacious dining room is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Menus are composed of many options from dishes made with fresh ingredients, healthy options and delicious desserts.

What safety features or security measures does Elderwood Village at Bassett Park offer to assisted living residents?

We have a full time receptionist in our lobby and we have 24 hour staffing for resident safety.

How does Elderwood Village at Bassett Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication is key for any care partnership. We utilize the most innovative technology to keep resident medical information up do date and offer in person care consultations for residents, their families and medical providers.

If Elderwood Village at Bassett Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our community is pet friendly! Residents at our community don't have to separate from their cat or dog when they move to our community. We have a secured courtyard with a patio for pets and their owners to enjoy. We also have paved sidewalks and are across the street from Bassett Park so you can take a nice stroll with your furry friend.

What safety features or security measures does Elderwood Village at Bassett Park provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community offers a fully secured Memory Care neighborhood for residents living with dementia.

Describe the neighborhood around Elderwood Village at Bassett Park. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Our community is located in Williamsville, NY. We are located in a residential area, right across the street from Bassett Park. You can enjoy the peace of a friendly, quiet neighborhood, yet be within driving distance to many shopping centers and restaurants. We are also within walking distance of St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church.

Costs for Elderwood Village at Bassett Park

Photos of Elderwood Village at Bassett Park

Services and Amenities of Elderwood Village at Bassett Park

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• State Licenses: AF0446C

• About Elderwood Village at Bassett Park

Elderwood’s assisted living communities to extend your freedom while offering just the right amount of assistance with your daily needs. We take care of chores like cooking, cleaning, and laundry, as well as medication management and personal care. You’ll be surrounded by a caring staff dedicated to ensuring your comfort and safety. We’re always mindful of your needs while seamlessly coordinating important health services. Levels of care include enriched and enhanced services to help you age in place. So you can enjoy life the way it should be, while your family can relax, knowing help is available if you need it.

Elderwood Village at Bassett Park is a memory care provider in Williamsville, NY. Staff is on service 24 hours a day. There are activities appropriate for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia that help keep residents active and engaged. Elderwood Village at Bassett Park may allow residents to keep a dog or cat. Devotional services are provided to residents.

SERVICES AND PROGRAMS

• Adult home
    • Memory Care

LIFE AT ELDERWOOD

• Comfortable studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and full private baths
    • Weekly housekeeping, laundry and scheduled transportation services
    • Round-the-clock supervision
    • Education management and assistance with dressing, bathing and grooming
    • Attractive, safe and secure single-level building
    • Pleasant dining experience at every meal
    • Wellness programs, daily activities and regular outings
    • Washers and dryers available for personal use
    • Landscaped courtyard and gardens
    • Full service hair salon
    • Pet Friendly
    • Complimentary utilities and WiFi
    • Part of Elderwood’s community of care

AN EXTRA LEVEL OF CARE. TO MEET YOUR CHANGING NEEDS.

Enhanced assisted living provides the extra help individuals need to maintain a more independent lifestyle for as long as possible, even as their health needs change. Elderwood’s enhanced support offers seniors with health concerns a better opportunity to live where they choose, where they are comfortable and where all their care needs can continue to be met.

THE ENHANCED DIFFERENCE

• Our Enhanced Assisted Living license enables our staff to provide additional health care services
    • Extended care for a resident’s changing needs, so they can age in place
    • Nursing services including injections, catheter care and colostomy care
    • Personalized laundry service
    • Medication management
    • Physical assistance to transfer, walk, climb or descend stairs
    • Help managing incontinence
    • Assistance with necessary medical equipment

Thank you for your interest at Elderwood Village at Bassett Park. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Elderwood Village at Bassett Park