Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

September 15, 2015

The staff was very friendly and attentive. We had a meal there, and the food was very good. We liked the facilities inside; they had a salon, a chapel, and a number of different options. The location of the units we looked at were a little far from the elevator.

July 31, 2015

It is good. They have everything there. The residents seemed very content and very happy. They were trying to encourage me to move there, but I'm not ready. I went for lunch, and the food was OK. Overall, it was alright.

July 14, 2015

It was a very nice place, but it was outside my budget. The staff was absolutely delightful. Everybody was positive. Everything was clean. However, I didn't like the dining room. It was far too open.

May 24, 2015

By Caring107195350

The senior places were a little bit smaller. We only looked at one-bedroom and not a two-bedroom at that time, and I think they were a little bit smaller. However, everybody was just as nice. We had a snack there, and it was wonderful. The people were very good. They were very nice.

September 22, 2014

It was a newer community. There were three sizes of suites available – studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom. Nice dining hall and the grounds looked nice. There was a physical therapy adjacent to the community. Of course, they had lounges, resident kitchens, and a library. They had Bingo at times and some music activities, pool rooms and billiards, exercise rooms. It seemed nice enough.

May 20, 2014

By Howard11

I visited and the facility is very nice. The place is very clean and very well kept. The staff are very friendly. They have recreation and exercise rooms. They also have a bus service.

January 23, 2014

It is nice. I saw one room at that time and it was very nice. I thought that it was very pleasant, very comfortable to what I have now. They have a lot more activities there, which is one of the reasons why I like them. I thought that they were a very active community.

October 21, 2013

By Kim37

We found it to be a good fit for my dad. Everything is immaculate; very clean. Everybody is accommodating and caring. I've tasted the food and I wouldn't say it's excellent, but on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. They have a theater room where they can watch movies and in my understanding they provide a van so they can go to the casino or things of that nature. There's a small exercise room if they need to exercise. There's plenty of activities for the residents. I like the area, it's safe, and the neighborhood.

July 12, 2013

By Charice

My dad lives here and we liked it a lot. He is having a hard time acclimating to the place, but over all we are very pleased with the situation. The staff and the room are very nice.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents of Solstice at East Amherst love to live life VIBRANTLY! By allowing Solstice to take care of the "chores" and "hassles" it allows residents to live life to the fullest. From exploring Buffalo with our Friday outings to bringing out their artistic side with our "Art Expressions" class residents get the opportunity to explore new hobbies and interests!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Solstice at East Amherst is located right in the center of many local store and attractions! Most shopping centers and local attractions are within a 20-30 minute drive.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst has organized?

Some of our most recent off-site events include: Pierce-Arrow Museum, Buffalo City Hall, Buffalo Botanical Gardens, the Niagara Wine Trail, and local stores (including Christmas Tree Shop and local thrift stores)

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst offer to independent living residents?

Solstice provides a bus shuttle that offers transportation to our residents. Our shuttle runs on Monday/Wednesday mornings to grocery store, pharmacies, banks, and Target/Walmart. On Tuesday/Thursday mornings we take residents to doctor appointments within a 15 mile radius of the community. Every other Wednesday at 12pm we do a "Lunch Bunch" outing to a local restaurant. Friday afternoons at 2pm our shuttle takes residents out to a local free/low cost attraction (as scheduled by our Vibrant Life Director).

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our award winning chef strives to provide wholesome, nutritious meals with our "Elevate" dining program! With both a "daily" menu and an "always available" menu there is something for everyone's liking. Our Chef also holds monthly meetings with residents which allows them to make suggestions on current items and suggestions for new recipes!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas are located throughout our community and are available for use by all residents! Some of these areas include: TV lounge, billiard room, library, atrium, activity room, and many other nooks to relax!

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst offer to independent living residents?

Solstice at East Amherst ensures safety of all residents! Our 24-hour concierge is at the desk to greet and assist residents and guests. Mobile urgent response devices by GreatCall are provided to all residents (included in monthly rent). Side entrances to building are locked 24-hours a day and lobby doors are locked at 8pm/unlocked at 7am (these doors can be opened at any time with a key card given to residents/families).

If Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Solstice at East Amherst warmly welcomes furry residents! Cats and dogs are welcome but must be under 30-pounds.

Does Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Solstice at East Amherst invites agencies of all types into our community to help support our residents. We do have a home healthcare agency and physical therapy office who have an in-house offices and provide support to residents once it becomes needed. These are additional services residents and families can add on as needed and are not affiliated with Solstice.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• Get Costs

About Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst