Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

August 30, 2021

By Claudette

I went to Solstice Senior Living at East and talked to a staff there. I don't have much to say about it. The rooms have no stove because they prepare all the meals three times a day. There's a menu to choose from and they give you a menu for the month. Food is home-cooked not like Meals-on-Wheels. The staff members were nice and they took us on a tour; however, they didn't meet my qualifications. The price was a little bit pricey for me at the time. I feel like we didn't want to spend that kind of money. The place was clean, they change your linens and they're very friendly.

July 15, 2021

By Mary

My mom was very well pleased with Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst. We looked at their independent living, and the place was very bright. They have everything, like hairdressing, laundry, and a library. The food was awesome and the staff was very pleasant. They didn't have any activities because of COVID. We saw a room and it was very bright too.

Thank you for your review of Solstice at East Amherst! We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Have a great day!

July 01, 2021

By Dianne

Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst was very nice. It's less expensive than some of the other ones. It seemed clean, and they were very nice taking us around. They gave us a box of cookies when we left. The rooms were nice too. There were lots of people around and a lot of them were in wheelchairs. It wasn't as happy a place as I had wished it would be, but when we were there, they might have been doing other things. They had omelets and sweet pork with rice for lunch or brown sugar grilled salmon with wild rice. For dinner, they had meatloaf seasoned beets and meat, mashed potatoes or chicken salad, and a fruit plate with assorted crackers. The girl that conducted the tours was very good. She tried to answer the questions we had. She said they have stretch exercises at ten o'clock almost every morning, a couple of discussion programs, a spring walk, and monthly residents meetings. They also have a little chapel. They usually have activities at night where people come in and play the piano in one room. Then have discussions in the afternoon. Nobody's been there for a year or so, however they're trying to start doing that again.

Thank you so much for the five-star review, Dianne! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience on your tour of Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst. Have a wonderful day!

June 24, 2021

By Laurie

I toured Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst for my parents, and it's a beautiful facility. It was just way too much money. The person who took us on the tour was wonderful. She answered all our questions, and she was very pleasant and very personable. She took us everywhere that we wanted to go to see what it would be like. But it was a lot more money than we guessed it would be. It was very clean and well kept, and it seemed like a cheerful place to live. The rooms were a good size. They have a wide range, going from a studio to a one-bedroom studio to a two-bedroom apartment. They've got a wide range of choices. We thought the two-bedroom was the nicest, of course, but it was just that the price was a bit too high. But they do provide everything for you. The price included everything, including food, all the utilities, and trips to the store and the doctor. I'm sure it was worth it. It's just that it wasn't in our budget. They gave us cookies to take home and they were delicious, but we didn't actually try anything else.

Thank you so much for the five-star review, Laurie! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience while touring our community. Have a wonderful day!

April 16, 2021

By Joseph James

Each time I visit is a pleasure. Great caring staff, good food, top management and fun activities. The residents are happy because of the friendly atmosphere. The grounds are meticulous. It is clean. The events are always interesting. A great place to call home when you need a helping hand. Spacious apartments.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Joseph! We're pleased to hear that you've had a great experience at our community.

February 13, 2021

By cjdsyhnk

When my mom moved in the food was good and they had done decent activities. After time passed the food became so terrible we had to bring food to my mom no more snacks in dinning room and activities that still were being done were being done by the maintenance staff!!!!!

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We are dedicated to keeping our residents safe and healthy, especially during the pandemic, and strive to ensure every resident and family has a great experience. Since March, our team has reimagined our Vibrant Life programs to ensure that our residents stay engaged and active with safe and socially-distant activities. Our culinary team has also been working hard to create meals that are nutritious and delicious and we’ve provided door-to-door meal delivery to help limit the spread. If you would like to share more details about your concerns, please call our Executive Director Margaret Kleinmann.

February 11, 2021

By RMAC13

I am writing this review as a last resort . I have tried in vain to contact both the facilities management and corporate and have been completely ignored. My mother lived here for 6 years till she recently died at 95 during Christmas week. It was a trying time for us. After the last time she fell there we took her to the hospital. It was determined she would need nursing care , HOSPICE so we gave notice that she wouldn't be coming back. The management made it as difficult as possible to move out her belongings We had limited access to the facility, couldn't use the elevator so everything had to be taken down 2 flights of stairs.! We told the manager that everything was out and we left. December 27 my mother passed away. As we were preparing funeral arrangements a call came in on Dec. 31 at 3pm informing us that we would have to pay another months rent as there are 2 trash bags still in the apartment! The place had been vacant for weeks and you waited until 3pm to tell us! So we had to run back over there to dispose of the 2 bags. This place is all about the money! They have raised the rent every year and have cut the services. So you are paying more and getting less. They have no compassion for people. When you are down hey make sure they give you a KICK. I think the most ironic thing is that a good manager would have welcomed the opportunity to get the apartment ready for a new tenant. My mother was in HOSPICE, she wasn't coming back. All the manager needed to do was ask which would have avoided us running over a the last minute , and the apartment could have been ready to rent without any loss of revenue.

January 29, 2021

By Deborah

I visited Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst for my mom. It was OK, but there was no carpeting in the apartment; it was all bare floor. For senior living, there was no stove or anything for them to cook, and I did not care for that. The people were nice. Because of Covid, I only saw the dining room because it was right there, and it was very nice.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback, Deborah. Our team was happy to host you and your mother for a tour, and we hope to see you again soon!

July 05, 2020

By Happy relative

Solstice is an outstanding facility offering it's residents many benefits. Reasonably priced, good location. My family member is like a new person residing here.

January 15, 2020

By Bev S

My dear family friend moved here 3 months ago. I visit her every week. I love visiting her here and seeing her so very happy. It was the right move for her! Whenever I visit the staff is so friendly. The facility always looks wonderful, and my friend especially loves the activities. I was here last week and wanted to acknowledge everyone. The Director Margaret has been awesome! She is so very knowledgeable. Margaret has made the move and adjustment for my friend and family effortless. Besides I love seeing her when I am there. Margaret and her Team make everyone feel so welcome! Its always a tough adjustment from living in your own home to moving. Again they have made it a positive transition. I am so thankful for Solstice, Margaret, and her team! Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!!!

December 13, 2019

By HSL

My brother was a guest there for three years. His suite was substantial in size, and all was definitely made to meet the needs required as a person ages. Employees were more like family than staff to all residents. My brother and I looked at many places before settling here. From past experience we knew that it does not get any better than here. Good camaraderie, independence, tasty food and comfort is here both the person residing and for the entire family. Everyone feels welcome.

January 01, 2019

By Margaret

Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst was so nice and the dining room was luxurious. You get to pick what you want to eat. I can't say enough good things about it. You get your meals, they have security on duty, and you get to bring your dog and your car. It's much in line with what my parents were looking for. They have happy hour and a pool table. There was a lot going on when we went. The woman who gave us the tour was perfectly lovely. We had a really good time there.

March 28, 2018

By DG

Solstice Senior Living was a very nice, well-managed, and respectful place. They didn't have a stove in the apartments, although there was a microwave. The ladies in charge were really helpful, and the staff was really nice and on top of their game. The apartments were very roomy, nice, and clean. If I had my way, I'd live there. The dining room was amazing with the amount of food that they have, and they have a little patio for each room. Everything about that place was wonderful. You get a good bang for the price.

October 22, 2016

By Marla G.

One of the things I liked about was that they had nurses on-site whom you can hire as the need arises. It's not part of their services, but I could contract the nurses to have elevated care for my mom. Everything was fine. We had lunch there, we were treated very well, people were positive, and everything was good. They showed me a studio, a 1-bedroom, and a 2-bedroom. Every apartment had a porch.

October 11, 2016

By Marlene267514

My mom moved into here. It’s virtually phenomenal. It’s very bright and welcoming. Everyone is welcoming. The dining hall has beautiful small tables. It’s basically restaurant-style. All the utilities are included. Mom ended up with a 1-bedroom apartment. Everything about it is very nice. The reason she is able to do this place even though it is not an assisted living is because there is a separate business located onsite that provides the passing of meds and any help with her ADLs on a daily basis, but you contract separately with them. Like I said, they are onsite all the time, so we have that security factor that Mom needed. She has only been there for a couple of weeks, and there is literally a list of at least 7 activities daily that go on. She can pick and choose what she wants to do or not do. They have everything from bingo and Wii bowling and things like that. They have performers come in and do different musical performances. They had singers come in the other day. They have a bus that takes you out. They go out shopping and drop you off at the store. My mom is a Catholic, so they have a chapel with Catholic mass right on site twice a week. They have 300 movies available. They’ll pick up a movie to show, but if you have your grandkids over for instance and need to occupy them, you just ask, and they would put in a movie in the movie room for you.

September 15, 2015

The staff was very friendly and attentive. We had a meal there, and the food was very good. We liked the facilities inside; they had a salon, a chapel, and a number of different options. The location of the units we looked at were a little far from the elevator.

July 31, 2015

It is good. They have everything there. The residents seemed very content and very happy. They were trying to encourage me to move there, but I'm not ready. I went for lunch, and the food was OK. Overall, it was alright.

July 14, 2015

It was a very nice place, but it was outside my budget. The staff was absolutely delightful. Everybody was positive. Everything was clean. However, I didn't like the dining room. It was far too open.

May 24, 2015

By Caring107195350

The senior places were a little bit smaller. We only looked at one-bedroom and not a two-bedroom at that time, and I think they were a little bit smaller. However, everybody was just as nice. We had a snack there, and it was wonderful. The people were very good. They were very nice.

September 22, 2014

It was a newer community. There were three sizes of suites available – studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom. Nice dining hall and the grounds looked nice. There was a physical therapy adjacent to the community. Of course, they had lounges, resident kitchens, and a library. They had Bingo at times and some music activities, pool rooms and billiards, exercise rooms. It seemed nice enough.

January 23, 2014

It is nice. I saw one room at that time and it was very nice. I thought that it was very pleasant, very comfortable to what I have now. They have a lot more activities there, which is one of the reasons why I like them. I thought that they were a very active community.

October 21, 2013

By Kim37

We found it to be a good fit for my dad. Everything is immaculate; very clean. Everybody is accommodating and caring. I've tasted the food and I wouldn't say it's excellent, but on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. They have a theater room where they can watch movies and in my understanding they provide a van so they can go to the casino or things of that nature. There's a small exercise room if they need to exercise. There's plenty of activities for the residents. I like the area, it's safe, and the neighborhood.

July 12, 2013

By Charice

My dad lives here and we liked it a lot. He is having a hard time acclimating to the place, but over all we are very pleased with the situation. The staff and the room are very nice.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents of Solstice at East Amherst love to live life VIBRANTLY! By allowing Solstice to take care of the "chores" and "hassles" it allows residents to live life to the fullest. From exploring Buffalo with our Friday outings to bringing out their artistic side with our "Art Expressions" class residents get the opportunity to explore new hobbies and interests!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Solstice at East Amherst is located right in the center of many local store and attractions! Most shopping centers and local attractions are within a 20-30 minute drive.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst has organized?

Some of our most recent off-site events include: Pierce-Arrow Museum, Buffalo City Hall, Buffalo Botanical Gardens, the Niagara Wine Trail, and local stores (including Christmas Tree Shop and local thrift stores)

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst offer to independent living residents?

Solstice provides a bus shuttle that offers transportation to our residents. Our shuttle runs on Monday/Wednesday mornings to grocery store, pharmacies, banks, and Target/Walmart. On Tuesday/Thursday mornings we take residents to doctor appointments within a 15 mile radius of the community. Every other Wednesday at 12pm we do a "Lunch Bunch" outing to a local restaurant. Friday afternoons at 2pm our shuttle takes residents out to a local free/low cost attraction (as scheduled by our Vibrant Life Director).

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our award winning chef strives to provide wholesome, nutritious meals with our "Elevate" dining program! With both a "daily" menu and an "always available" menu there is something for everyone's liking. Our Chef also holds monthly meetings with residents which allows them to make suggestions on current items and suggestions for new recipes!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas are located throughout our community and are available for use by all residents! Some of these areas include: TV lounge, billiard room, library, atrium, activity room, and many other nooks to relax!

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst offer to independent living residents?

Solstice at East Amherst ensures safety of all residents! Our 24-hour concierge is at the desk to greet and assist residents and guests. Mobile urgent response devices by GreatCall are provided to all residents (included in monthly rent). Side entrances to building are locked 24-hours a day and lobby doors are locked at 8pm/unlocked at 7am (these doors can be opened at any time with a key card given to residents/families).

If Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Solstice at East Amherst warmly welcomes furry residents! Cats and dogs are welcome but must be under 30-pounds.

Does Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Solstice at East Amherst invites agencies of all types into our community to help support our residents. We do have a home healthcare agency and physical therapy office who have an in-house offices and provide support to residents once it becomes needed. These are additional services residents and families can add on as needed and are not affiliated with Solstice.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst