18 Assisted Living Facilities near Kenmore, NY
With an average cost of $4,245 in Kenmore, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 31 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Kenmore.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kenmore, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kenmore
Kenmore is a cozy village near the Buffalo-Niagara Falls metropolitan area that was once named the “One of the Top 10 Great Neighborhoods” in the United States by the American Planning Association. Kenmore has a population of 15,217, approximately 18.1 percent of which is aged 65 years or older. Those seniors have access to 27 assisted living facilities in and around Kenmore, all of which qualify as adult care facilities (ACF) under state guidelines and are therefore regulated and monitored by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kenmore
- Kenmore boasts pleasant summers with highs around 81 degrees Fahrenheit, but the winter climate is less welcoming, with an average of 85 inches of snow per year. Seniors with medical issues exacerbated by cold temperatures may find winters in Kenmore difficult.
- Thanks to an overall cost of living well below the national average, Kenmore is an affordable place to live for seniors on a budget.
- Seniors in Kenmore have access to a wide range of arts and culture, much of which is located a mere 15-minute drive away in the Buffalo-Niagara metropolis. Options include museums and events in Buffalo, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, and concerts at Kleinhans Music Hall.
- The NFTA-METRO controls the main public transportation routes through Kenmore. Passengers 65 years of age and older are eligible for the NFTA-METRO Reduced-Fare card, which can be used during off-peak hours.
- The Kenmore area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kenmore Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Kenmore has an array of community resources for seniors, including Erie County Senior Services, which offers a range of long-term services and support, and more than a dozen senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kenmore
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Kenmore start around $4,245 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kenmore and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kenmore
Low-income seniors interested in other long-term care options, such as assisted living, are limited to two Medicaid initiatives: the Assisted Living Program (ALP), which helps medically eligible seniors locate proper assisted living placement, and the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP), which facilitates both in-home services and assisted living care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kenmore
Kenmore and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kenmore, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kenmore
Kenmore-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Kenmore, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kenmore
Review of Brookdale Kenmore
My mother has moved into Brookdale Kenmore. The staff is great. They're still in quarantine because of the virus, and I wasn't allowed to go into the room. All I got to see was the library because ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Kenmore
My mother moved into Brookdale Kenmore. It seemed like a good fit, but within the scope the doctors at the hospital said she can live. I can't get in there, but from what I saw through the telephon... Read more
Review of Brookdale Kenmore
DO NOT place your loved one here. Put on a great show when visiting. Rooms are nice. Some aids and nursing staff are great. Most don't care at all. You'll find them in the break room, sitting outsi... Read more