19 Assisted Living Facilities near Kenmore, NY
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kenmore area, with 4 in Kenmore and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kenmore is $3,430 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Buffalo with an average starting cost of $2,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 126 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kenmore. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kenmore 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tonawanda with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kenmore, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Kenmore, NY
Promotion ends in 4 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
15 Assisted Living Facilities near Kenmore, NY
Assisted Living near Kenmore, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kenmore
Review of Oakwood Senior Living
I visited Oakwood recently and I have to say that I was impressed by the positive changes that have been made there. New owners took it over about a year or two ago and you can tell. I visited wh... Read more
Review of Brookdale Kenmore
Brookdale Kenmore was nice. They take you to the doctors and had everything you'd want if you're alone, but it's expensive. The staff was very friendly, nice, and answered all of my questions. Ever... Read more
Review of Brookdale Kenmore
Brookdale Kenmore is great, and they are absolutely the best caring people I've seen in a long time. It's very clean, and they clean the apartments once a week; they maintain it really well. It doe... Read more
Assisted Living near Erie County, NY
More Options Near Kenmore, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kenmore
Kenmore is a cozy village near the Buffalo-Niagara Falls metropolitan area that was once named the “One of the Top 10 Great Neighborhoods” in the United States by the American Planning Association. Kenmore has a population of 15,217, approximately 18.1 percent of which is aged 65 years or older. Those seniors have access to 27 assisted living facilities in and around Kenmore, all of which qualify as adult care facilities (ACF) under state guidelines and are therefore regulated and monitored by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kenmore
- Kenmore boasts pleasant summers with highs around 81 degrees Fahrenheit, but the winter climate is less welcoming, with an average of 85 inches of snow per year. Seniors with medical issues exacerbated by cold temperatures may find winters in Kenmore difficult.
- Thanks to an overall cost of living well below the national average, Kenmore is an affordable place to live for seniors on a budget.
- Seniors in Kenmore have access to a wide range of arts and culture, much of which is located a mere 15-minute drive away in the Buffalo-Niagara metropolis. Options include museums and events in Buffalo, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, and concerts at Kleinhans Music Hall.
- The NFTA-METRO controls the main public transportation routes through Kenmore. Passengers 65 years of age and older are eligible for the NFTA-METRO Reduced-Fare card, which can be used during off-peak hours.
- The Kenmore area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kenmore Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Kenmore has an array of community resources for seniors, including Erie County Senior Services, which offers a range of long-term services and support, and more than a dozen senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kenmore
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Kenmore start around $3,430 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kenmore and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kenmore
Low-income seniors interested in other long-term care options, such as assisted living, are limited to two Medicaid initiatives: the Assisted Living Program (ALP), which helps medically eligible seniors locate proper assisted living placement, and the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP), which facilitates both in-home services and assisted living care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kenmore
Kenmore and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kenmore, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kenmore
Kenmore-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.