Elderwood Village at Williamsville

Reviews of Elderwood Village at Williamsville

Assisted Living Reviews for Elderwood Village at Williamsville

March 30, 2017

By DN573485

I liked Elderwood Village. The apartments were nice. The people were very friendly, but it was too expensive for us. They had three meals a day; the menu looked really good. Utilities were included. I talked to some of the people there who were very happy.

November 05, 2016

By Evelyn855576

Elderwood at Williamsville was also a very nice facility, but it's a two or three-story arrangement where, again, my mother-in-law would be far from the elevator. It looked like they have good things. I’ve heard good things about it from friends who’ve had friends living there, so it was very nice. Probably the down side is that it is on an exceptionally busy main street, but not to mention the pleasant scenery. In fact, they have a garden area, which was nice.

October 20, 2016

By Marie688836

Elderwood Village at Williamsville was excellent in every capacity. They had many activities. They started the day with stretch and go. They had all kinds of card games and bingo. They had walking tours. They had entertainment of all kinds at least once a week with bands coming in, singers, and performers of many kinds. I was able to try their food. On the day that my sister was admitted, we were treated to lunch. The food was excellent. I had no complaint.

October 11, 2016

By Marlene267514

The first one I toured was Elderwood Village at Williamsville. It was very nice. The folks there were very receptive. The representative showing me around was very good. However, the bottomline was that the only available apartments they had were on the third floor, and Mom does not do well with elevator on a regular basis by herself. They did keep us in mind in case of another opening. I saw the dining area and the courtyard. I saw an example of a studio apartment as well as a 1-bedroom facility. They were neat and clean, but they were smaller than what my mom was hoping for. I did not get an opportunity to eat there, but everything looked well and looked good. All the comments of folks were positive. I thought Elderwood was very nice; it just wouldn’t work for my mom.

February 10, 2016

By Lynne29

The experience has been excellent at Elderwood Village, and they made everything very easy. The atmosphere is good, and the people seem happy. The employees seem happy, helpful, cheerful, upbeat, and conscientious. I know that my parents are happy with the place, but they just would rather be home. I already have recommended the place.

November 06, 2013

By Kbrooklyn

I was involved in helping a neighbor choose an assisted living facility and we could not be happier with her new home at Elderwood. She is loving it and is so involved and happy. This was a blessing to her daughter and to those of us who care about her. The staff is wonderful, the services provided are amazing and she is so happy there.

November 24, 2012

By Mosell5

ElderWood Village at Glenwood seemed like an extremely nice place to live. I know that facilities like this one are often scrutinized as cold or sterile, but this one seems different from most. Many residents would prefer to live on their own in homes, I am sure, but with the assistance that they need, ElderWood provides an excellent alternative. My mother's friend always seemed to like living in the Village. I believe that because elderly people have a harder time getting out and being involved in things, they sometimes struggle to make connections and they become more isolated. But a residence like ElderWood is a great place for elderly people to be integrated into a community. I believe this is very helpful for them. The staff always was extremely friendly, attentive, and helpful, and I thought the facility was beautiful as well. From all appearances, ElderWood is a terrific assisted living facility.

August 12, 2011

By oldspring

The staff at The Glenwood were so wonderful to my Dad. They made him feel like the mayor of the building and encouraged his great sense of humor to shine!

Questions about Elderwood Village at Williamsville

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Elderwood Village at Williamsville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Elderwood Village has an active resident mix with some centurions and some residents in their 70's. Our residents are extremely active and their favorite activity is our daily.0:00 am fitness class Our community is a vibrant mix of varied interests from book club to Bridge. Art class to scrabble.

What programs or activities does Elderwood Village at Williamsville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer 7 days of full enriched programming that includes speaker series coming in and museum trips out.

What places are near Elderwood Village at Williamsville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have coffee shops, restaurants, pharmacy, and specialty shops all within 1 - 2 blocks of our community.

What transportation services does Elderwood Village at Williamsville offer to assisted living residents?

We have scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping, banking, restaurants and outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Elderwood Village at Williamsville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Restaurant Style meal service includes home made soup daily and home made deserts. The quality of the food is exceptional with colorful, nutritional options.

What safety features or security measures does Elderwood Village at Williamsville offer to assisted living residents?

We have 24 hour staffing & Security

How does Elderwood Village at Williamsville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our nursing staff and full time social worker are in direct contact with family members regularly.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Elderwood Village at Williamsville during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have both nursing and Health aids on staff.

If Elderwood Village at Williamsville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Elderwood Village is Pet Friendly. We have lots of green space around our building with 2 separate garden areas - one including an inner courtyard.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Ongoing training is part of the requirements all staff members.

What safety features or security measures does Elderwood Village at Williamsville provide to protect residents who wander?

Elderwood Village is a traditional setting. We do not accept residents who are wander risks.

Costs for Elderwood Village at Williamsville

Photos of Elderwood Village at Williamsville

Services and Amenities of Elderwood Village at Williamsville

• Fee Structure Extra: One Time Community Fee Of $1,000

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• General Store

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

• Activities Extra: Cards, Entertainment, Brain Fitness, Walking Club, Bingo, Movie Nights, Men's Club

• Financial Guidance Extra: We Are Private Pay Only (Ltc Insurance & Va Aide & Attendance Benefit Also Taken)

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: Enriched Housing
  • State Licenses: AF0500B

About Elderwood Village at Williamsville

Elderwood Village at Williamville offers beautiful apartment style accommodations in either Studio, One or Two Bedroom Floor plans.

As an assisted living community, our residence is designed to help promote an independent lifestyle. Our specially designed building features spacious apartments with kitchenettes, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry service and personal care services.

The monthly rent includes all services, utilities, cable TV and personal care assistance. Unlike most facilities, there is no extra charge for daily assistance, medication management or medical care coordination. Our smaller community ~ only 87 apartments ~ offers a warm and friendly environment that you and your loved one are sure to enjoy. At ElderWood, we can also assist with any short or long term skilled care services should the need arise.

Located in the beautiful and historic Village of Williamsville. We offer apartment style living with the extra support one may need.

Map of Elderwood Village at Williamsville