Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

Reviews of Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

Assisted Living Reviews for Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

December 29, 2017

By eglftbl

the folks who run this facility do a wonderful job. always helpful and compassionate. my Grandmom said she loves the food and the staff are very attentive. I attended the Halloween party and was amazed at the turn out and the amount of quality of food.

December 18, 2017

By marylaters

This is a wonderful facility I have a current family member here who is a resident. The staff have taken wonderful care of my Dad. The administrator has always been very helpful, everyone there goes above and beyond. My Dad had some Problems adjusting early on and we weren't sure if he was going to be able to stay but the Administrator, case manager and marketing girl worked to resolve and problem solve. I can't thank these girls enough. My Dad loves it here! So much to do.. great food.. Would highly recommend this place! Lots of love and it shows !!!

June 19, 2017

By Buffalo14227

My relative is in memory care at Peregrine's Landing, and I am very happy with the level of care that she is receiving. She has a consistent daily caregiver, and an enthusiastic nursing staff. Her health and mental aspect have become very stable since she moved into Peregrine's, and I am pleased to have her there.

March 28, 2017

By Rae721267

Peregrine's Landing Senior Community was nice but a little dated. It had an upstairs, so you had to use an elevator, which is no big deal, but my stepmother has a hard time walking even with a walker. It's a very nice place, but having a second floor was a turn off for me. Some people wouldn't care. They had a separate activity room. The people were nice and seemed competent.

March 19, 2017

By smiths

Do not place your loved one here. They make promises both verbal and written that they do not keep. The administrator of the building is rude and unprofessional and refuses to work with you to resolve issues. Cost keeps going up while services are reducing. Was run by a great director initially until this new group took over about 2 years ago. Poor staff and resident morale and high turnover which by the way management blames on the residents themselves. If your looking for a great assisted living facility, don't choose this one. If you already have a family member here then maybe think about forming a family counsel to help support residents rights. After all the needs of the residents should be paramount over anything else.

December 21, 2016

By very saddened

staff is terrible there is no memory care program to stimulate and that is all they worry about is how it effects peregrine not the family my mom was yelled at by an aide while they did a room search for personal possessions like they are imprisoned not a caring facility we pay a lot of money for her care and they do not care about your loved one, please consider another facility

November 23, 2016

By Lori321764

Peregrine's Landing was a good one. They had a beauty salon. They had activities. They had a beautiful dining room that's very clean and very nice.

April 22, 2016

By clack45

Sara, the administrator is beyond rude. She is the reason we took our family member out of the facility. She was very short with us regarding our concerns and the staff also were not happy with her at all, yet she stresses the staff respect the residents and their families. If she wasn't working there a lot of staff members (actually all that we had spoken too..) would be a LOT happier. She shouldn't be working in this field AT ALL. Sincerely- a concerned family member

April 22, 2016

By aaaaaa45233453254

This place is all about making money, once they get your loved one in the don't follow through on their promises. Ever increasing charges because what are you going to do move your loved one. They know that's not practical for most elderly people especially those on a fixed income. They screw up medication..yup MEDICATIONS! They have a revolving staff because they can't keep any quality workers there. The new management is to blame for that, it used to be a decent place. Also the food is terrible, my loved one can't even eat it about 25% of the time. For ~$3700.00 a month you'd think they could serve a decent meal. Any requests my loved one has gets only lip service, they have meetings for the residents to discuss problems but nothing is ever done, month after month. The management is cold and uncaring, all business and no compassion for the people they serve. I don't think they have an elderly parent.

November 13, 2015

By Buffalogirl

My family member lived here for a year and the care received deteriorated over that time. I was not informed of changes in my relative's condition promptly although I was health proxy. A room change was promised but when a more suitable room became available the appropriate room change was not made. My relative was found unkempt and unfed by visitors at the end of his life. I regret that I ever visited this facility and placed my relative there.

July 22, 2014

Peregrine's Landing at Cheektowaga was my second favorite facility. The facility is very large, but the bigger portion of it is strictly assisted living. They have this separate section, which is the memory care, and they specialize in memory care. They have a very, very large kitchen, sitting room, and TV room kind of gathering place. They had a lot of activities specific for people with dementia. They also have different activities for their memory care patients.

April 11, 2014

By Bonnie28

Peregrine's Landing was way out of our price range, but it was a very nice, very charming place, very lovely. They had suites, and they had studio apartments, which weren't at all what we wanted. I would have loved to have Mom there, but it wouldn't have worked. She was already in her own apartment but afraid to be alone, and I think that she needed more of a smaller area. They were very diverse. They had a very active coordinator. They had cocktail hours, pumpkin patches. They would take them on day trips everywhere. They would sign up for all different things. The staff was very nice, very accommodating.

December 05, 2013

By hannah2193

Throughout the years I have visited several friends at Peregrines landing. Each time I was there the staff were always so kind and welcoming. I remember one specific encounter I had with a staff member-she was so warm and helpful I remembered thinking that Peregrines Landing is where I will want to place my father when the time comes!

July 30, 2013

By evansla74

Peregrine's Landing is a wonderful community for my mom. She has been a resident for several years. She enjoys the caring staff, every person from the servers in the dining room to the aides assisting her with her showers treats her with dignity and respect, the personalized meals (she is very fussy), and all of the wonderful programs and activities. She is able to listen to weekly musical entertainment, frequently goes out to lunch, and participated in all of the religious services. The best feeling I have is knowing we made a great decision when moving mom out of the house she had been living in, into the home she now has at Peregrine's Landing. Also, my mom is usually one of the lady's sitting on the front porch and welcomes every visitor into the building!

June 07, 2013

By Patricia16

Peregrine's Landing was nice and clean but it was really for the very elderly. They were sitting on the porch and not saying anything so I was afraid they'll throw me out because I am a very talkative person.

June 06, 2012

By trillion5057

Lousey...extremely bad food, for one. Seniors that live there complain amongst themselves about the quality of food. Servers are snarly and curt. Cleaning is sporatic at best. Activities are boring...just because they are seniors doesn't mean that they shouldn't have stimulating activities both inside and outside of the building.

Costs for Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

• Insurance

• State Licenses: 240-S-109

About Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

Assisted Living and Memory Care Cheektowaga

Just a stone’s throw away from Buffalo lies the quaint town of Cheektowaga, a place where value is determined by how hard you work and the strength of your character. That’s why Peregrine is proud to serve the area with our full-service Cheektowaga senior living community, offering assisted living and memory care options. While there’s no shortage of stunning views, you want a senior living community that works just as hard as you do. Your loved one earned their retirement. This is why at Peregrine, we believe that just because you might require a little extra assistance, doesn’t mean your life needs to be put on hold.

Many senior living communities in Cheektowaga only focus on the basic needs of daily living. While our assisted living services offer support with medication management, personal hygiene and dressing, there’s an added layer that helps us go beyond the normal standard of care. From the minute you set foot in our Cheektowaga community, our staff gets to know you at an individual level, so we can customize the support and care you receive.

Map of Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga