10 Assisted Living Facilities near Orchard Park, NY
Also serving communities of Strykersville.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Orchard Park area, with 2 in Orchard Park and 8 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 105 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Orchard Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Orchard Park 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hamburg with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Orchard Park, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Orchard Park, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Orchard Park
Orchard Park is located 14 miles southeast of Buffalo, New York, not far from the iconic Niagra Falls. Though 19.4 percent of Orchard Park's population is older than 65, there are only three assisted living facilities in the city and nearby areas. Assisted living facilities are known as adult care facilities (ACFs) in New York, and they are regulated by the New York State Department of Health. There are three types of ACFs that are licensed by the state, including adult homes and enriched housing programs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Orchard Park
- The Orchard Park area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Buffalo.
- Orchard Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Center, an organization that provides physical activities like tai chi and art classes.
- Winters are harsh in Orchard Park, as they are in the rest of Upstate New York, with temperatures dropping below 10 degrees Fahrenheit in the coldest months. Orchard Park also experiences more than quadruple the amount of snow than the rest of the United States. Seniors who enjoy the sunshine or travel often should take this into consideration.
- Overall, Orchard Park's cost of living is approximately equal to the rest of the United States and is 20 percent cheaper than New York. However, the average cost of health care and groceries is lower than the state and national median, so seniors shouldn't have a problem finding affordable options.
- Orchard Park experiences only half the amount of violent crimes that the rest of the United States does, with a score of 18 as opposed to the nation's 31. Property crime is 22 percent lower than in other areas of the United States. Such low rates might suggest Orchard Park is an incredibly safe option for seniors.
- With a score of 83, the air quality in Orchard Park is 25 percent better than the national average. Because there are less harmful materials in the air, Orchard Park could be ideal for seniors who have asthma or other lung conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Orchard Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Orchard Park start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Orchard Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Orchard Park
Seniors seeking financial aid for assisted living in New York should look to the Medicare program's Assisted Living Program (ALP) waiver, which is available to self-paying applicants and Medicaid recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Orchard Park
Orchard Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Orchard Park, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Orchard Park
Orchard Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Orchard Park, NY
Other Options in Orchard Park, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Orchard Park
Review of Orchard Heights, Inc
We chose Orchard Heights Senior Living for my dad because of the cleanliness of the facility. Everything's on one floor, there are no stairs, and they also supply the furniture in the package. The ... Read more
Review of Orchard Heights, Inc
My mother was in Orchard Heights. The grounds are nice and pretty well kept. There's a walking path with some gazebos where families can sit. The room wasn't huge, and it was pretty much at the top... Read more
Review of Absolut At Orchard Park
My mother is in Absolut at Orchard Park. She is very low income, and they're the only ones that would accept her. She's on Medicaid, and they actually were willing to completely work with Medicaid.... Read more