17 Assisted Living Facilities near West Seneca, NY
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Seneca area, with 2 in West Seneca and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Seneca is $3,626 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Buffalo with an average starting cost of $2,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 110 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Seneca. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Seneca 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Orchard Park with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Seneca, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in West Seneca, NY
15 Assisted Living Facilities near West Seneca, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Seneca
West Seneca is a town in Erie County, New York just nine miles southeast of Buffalo. This historic town lies on the former Buffalo Creek Reservation and is home to a large number of seniors who comprise 20.5 percent of its population. These seniors are served by 17 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in and around West Seneca. ALFs in the State of New York are regulated by the Department of Health who defines them as adult care facilities (ACFs) that provide non-medical, long-term residences for seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Seneca
- West Seneca has seasonal weather with cold winters and warm summers. Snowfall here is well above the U.S. average of 26 inches at 103 inches per year. Because of this, seniors who enjoy outdoor activities may have difficulty getting around in the winter months. Rainfall averages 40 inches per year, only slightly above the national median of 39 inches.
Crime in West Seneca is relatively low, so seniors can feel safe traveling around town. The city received a score of 38 out of 100 (high crime) for violent crime and a 39.9 for property crime. These numbers are only slightly above U.S. averages.
- The cost of living in West Seneca is 6.9 percent lower than the national average, which may benefit seniors living on a budget. Housing, grocery and health care costs are all below U.S. averages with transportation only slightly above national medians.
- Social security benefits are exempt from taxation in the state of New York and income from retirement accounts and private pensions are deductible. This could leave extra income for seniors to put towards assisted living costs.
- For seniors in need of transportation, NFTA Metro provides public buses with routes throughout West Seneca. Adults over 65 may purchase a reduced fare pass. The town, along with the Erie County Department of Senior Services, offers van service for seniors who need transportation to shopping and other activities.
- West Seneca has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy including the Charles E. Burchfield Nature & Art Center, the Rusty Nickel Brewery and Sunshine Park. The town is also home to the West Seneca Senior Fitness Center where seniors can enjoy a walking track, fitness machines and aerobics classes.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Seneca
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in West Seneca start around $3,626 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Seneca and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Seneca
Seniors who need financial aid for assisted living in West Seneca may apply through two different New York government programs: Medicaid’s Managed Long Term Care Waiver (MLTC) and the Assisted Living Program (ALP).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Seneca
West Seneca and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Seneca, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Seneca
West Seneca-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near West Seneca, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Seneca
Review of Eden Heights of West Seneca
My mom is now in Eden Heights of West Seneca and being taken care of there. We chose them because they gave us a great feeling. We like it. It isn't really big, and it seems perfect for my mom. The... Read more
Review of Elderwood Assisted Living at West Seneca
Elderwood WS fine for those near independent residents. Recreation staff wonderful. Reception wonderful. Do not be fooled by website that says 24 hour nursing. Nurses there, but poor leadership and... Read more
Review of Elderwood Assisted Living at West Seneca
Elderwood Assisted Living at Seneca was OK. The rooms were good and spacious, and they had a kitchenette. My friend was unhappy with the staff, but the food was OK. They had a nice, outdoor patio. Read more