45 Assisted Living Facilities near Federal Way, WA
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Federal Way area, with 13 in Federal Way and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Federal Way is $3,091 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Auburn with an average starting cost of $2,672.
To help you with your search, browse the 166 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Federal Way. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Federal Way 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Milton with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Federal Way, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Federal Way, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Federal Way
Federal Way is about 23 miles south of Seattle on Interstate 5 and about 12 miles away from Tacoma. Having access to these two cities offers many conveniences, although Tacoma is likely slightly easier for seniors to get to and navigate than Seattle.
Federal Way itself has a number of attractive parks and several arts and cultural opportunities that may appeal to seniors. There are certainly a number of assisted living facilities in the area from which to choose, with 12 in Federal Way and 46 nearby. The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Aging and Long-Term Support Administration licenses all these facilities to house at least seven residents and to provide assistance with the activities of daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Federal Way
- Housing costs are high; with 100 representing the national average, housing in Federal Way scores 167. However, the amenities and proximity to several cities may be a worthwhile trade-off for some seniors.
- The climate in Federal Way can be comfortable, as it scores 79 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index. This score comes despite having only 151 sunny days per year and above-average amounts of rain. Seniors that are not fans of winter will appreciate the mere five inches of annual snowfall and the July highs of 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- According to the American Lung Association, the Seattle-Tacoma area is the 15th-worst area in the country for short-term particle pollution. Wildfires can affect the air quality here, and seniors should heed alerts and take preventative measures such as staying indoors when advised.
- Crime, an area of concern for many seniors, presents something of an issue in Federal Way. The property crime rate is 67.3 compared with the U.S. average of 38.1. However, property crimes include arson and burglary, which may not concern seniors as much as violent crimes involving robbery or murder. Federal Way’s violent crime rate is a more favorable 27.1 compared with the national average of 31.1.
- SoundTransit gives seniors multiple options for reaching Seattle and Tacoma with discounted senior fares. Pierce Transit offers routes in Federal Way and seniors can get discounted fares.
- Federal Way is home to museums such as the Pacific Bonsai Museum and Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden along with other attractions seniors may enjoy such as the Centerstage Theatre Arts Conservatory and Dash Point State Park.
Paying for Assisted Living in Federal Way
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Federal Way start around $3,091 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Federal Way and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Federal Way
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Federal Way
Federal Way and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Federal Way, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Federal Way
Federal Way-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Federal Way, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Federal Way
Review of Brookdale Federal Way
We lived in Brookdale Federal Way for a year. The food wasnt good and the management was not very helpful, courteous, or nice. The rooms were small and I didnt like it. However, they had good act... Read more
Review of GenCare Lifestyle Steel Lake
We visited this community. Gencare just purchased it and they're going to do some very interesting things, including a big remodel. They were older, so the rooms were large. The one room available ... Read more
Review of New Day Adult Family Home
We put mom into an adult family home called New Day Senior Living and we're doing fine. We chose it because of the owner. She seems the most caring and the most compassionate of all the people we m... Read more