El Dorado West

Reviews of El Dorado West

Assisted Living Reviews for El Dorado West

March 18, 2019

By Retired Professional

Over the years residents have been respected and listened to, the management always cheerfully accepted compliments from everyone, suggestions however are another story. Management seems to forget that their profits come directly from the residents and Social Services - the residents are their customers. There is an unwillingness to address difficult situations, or think outside the box, nor does management follow thru. The attitude practiced is one of it's over - put it behind us. The community would benefit greatly from a licensed social worker for the mental and emotional health of the residents. Reviews are often written by memory care residents.

May 02, 2018

By kathyfowler

I would say the ElDorado is one of the best retirement communities in Washington.All of the staff are proficient,kind and dedicated to making this the best place possible.The activities are varied,interesting and fun enhanced by the fun of doing them with other residents.The dining is nutritious and delicious and also enhanced by the residents company.The ElDorado is run like a well tuned watch.The residents are friendly and kind.I am so happy here;I would recommend the ElDorado to anyone

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

July 17, 2017

By SC

My sister had a bad experience at El Dorado West. They always forgot to give her the medications. If she didn’t show up for breakfast or dinner, they never went looking for her. One night I had to take her to the hospital and got back at 2:00 in the morning; it took them almost 30 minutes to come to the door and let us in. One morning I went to visit her, they told me she was still at the hospital. I told them I took her back at 1:00 in the morning, and they didn’t know. Half the people there were diabetics, and they gave out sugar donuts and cookies all day.

It sounds like you received less then our best. We would love an opportunity to discuss your concerns with us as they are very important, please contact us at your earliest convenience.

December 06, 2016

By Charlene611484

I thought the food at El Dorado West was very good. I had a pork chop, and it was very tender. I think the care is fine. The staff was friendly and helpful, answered questions, and were very easy to work with. It’s very clean and organized.

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Our Dining Services Director has brought a passion and creativity to our dining services at El Dorado and we invite you to experience a meal on us! Call us to schedule at your convenience.

November 17, 2016

By Frank076243

El Dorado West Retirement is very clean, nice, and new. The staff is very well-trained, and they work with my mother-in-law well. She's very happy there. They take them out once a week for a drive, and they try to get them exercise in memory care. In a sense, they just leave them alone and let them hang out with each other, and they seem to really like it. The staff is genuinely interested and patient, and they do a good job in getting people under control. It's just a very calm environment.

November 09, 2016

By Patricia265437

I have nothing really great to say about El Dorado, the lunch service took almost 2 hours, and there didn't seem to be a lot of cheerfulness among the people. It was comfortable, but also kind of institutional; there were no sitting areas for people. It did not have an uplifting feeling about it. It was not where I would want to go. The staff was very nice; she seated us, but we did not see her again until we left. She gave us the apartment information and her card to call her back. They had a beauty salon, happy hour, a library, and a TV room.

September 27, 2016

By child that cares

My parents are residents and they are overall happy with their independent apartment and the building. Like others we find it to be a very clean, friendly and attractive place. The dining is the one large detractor. It is not run at all like a restaurant - more like a slow motion school lunchroom where everything is done in an assembly line fashion (one person brings around the water for everyone, another a salad for everyone.. you get the idea). , The wait for food can be quite long - often 30 - 60 minutes. Menu choices are very limited,and there is little in the way of fresh vegetables or fruit - a very small salad is about it. Residents appear to be resigned to it. Very sad.

January 05, 2016

By I'm a child of resident

The place is new, fresh and very pretty. The floor plan of the apartment is really nice and the staff for the most part is very friendly and helpful. It's a good location near the Highline Hospital and other doctors. The biggest negative is that the food poor and unappetizing. The meals at dinner are small without much ability to substitute. The transportations to doctors is too minimal to be useful. Rent is reasonable but any additional services cost quite a bit and it all starts adding up quick.

September 25, 2015

By Craig19

El Dorado West Retirement seemed a very good place. We are very happy with the lady that toured us all over the facility. We were happy with our tour even if they don’t have any availability at that time. The apartments are very clean and orderly.

May 31, 2015

The facilities of El Dorado West were really nice and beautiful. The common rooms were very nice. We talked to some of the tenants that live there, and they liked it very much. The rooms were very small. We were looking at studio apartments that were really the size of my bathroom. It is very small. It was so much money that the only other additional assistance we were interested in setting up was for somebody to help my brother setup his pill and hand it off to him. It was so expensive that we couldn't afford it. We selected it to visit because they had memory care. They interviewed my brother, and they told us that they thought he could begin at least in the assisted living, but the memory care would be available if he needed it at some later point. They would not show us the rooms in memory care. So eventually if that is where he is going to end up, I'm not going to position him anywhere where they won't show us what it looks like.

El Dorado offers up to 17 different apartment sizes and shapes from studio’s to two bedroom apartments. We are very competitively priced and would be wiling to compare our prices with anyone in our area. We do not want to interrupt the programming and environment in our Memory Care area except for a select few of qualified and ready individuals. We prefer to keep the strangers walking through our memory care area to a minimum. It is also at this moment at capacity so there are no unoccupied units to show. We of course want someone to know exactly what they are getting before they move in and would make every opportunity available.

February 23, 2015

They had a little party going on when we visited El Dorado. It's great and beautiful, and the staff were very helpful and super friendly. They gave us a lot of their time. The rooms were lovely. The food was good, and the dining area was beautiful; it was more like a restaurant. They go out to restaurants, stores, casinos, and church.

February 07, 2015

By georate

It's a beautiful community. The environment is very home like, I would definitely love to live there if I met the age requirements. The employees all greet you with a smile, and are very friendly and welcome you like VIP. Every resident seemed involved in an activity, groups near the fireplace enjoying fresh baked bread with coffee and cocoa, the others are playing card games, everyone is so happy there. Very, very impressive.

Hello, thank you so much for your kind words and thank you for taking the time to recommend us to others. We are happy to hear you and your mom had such a wonderful experience with El Dorado West!

September 30, 2014

El Dorado West Retirement Community was very nice. A friend of mine was staying there, so I happened to go there a few times. The environment was very clean. It is a new building and they just added the memory care. My friend was taken very good care of and the people there were very nice. We were trying to put my father in there, but they wouldn't take him because he needed too much care. The rooms were very nice, and like I said, it was very clean.

October 28, 2013

At that time of our visit, El Dorado did have a great entertainment thing going on for their residents while they were having their dinner. This facility has both independent and assisted living. They're on repeated corporate ownership changes and at the moment, they're very much under construction. What happens when they get these corporate changes is that they can change the rules and the rent. Prices are being raised because of this. There was one lady that was there and she was nice but she was also pretty much in a flurry. Residents were coming to her trying to figure out where they're going to go. Another thing with this facility is that they can't tolerate people who get a little bit argumentative. So it's great if you're a really sweet older person, but if you're not and you're cranky, you can't be there. However, having mood swings and being cranky are part of the dementia condition.

Independent Living Reviews for El Dorado West

Memory Care Reviews for El Dorado West

Costs for El Dorado West

Photos of El Dorado West

Services and Amenities of El Dorado West

• Fee Structure Extra: $2000 Community Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About El Dorado West

For three generations, we have provided excellent service and care for seniors. We recognize the true foundation of a home starts with the community of people residing there—living, learning and growing together. We go beyond providing practical care and support—we create a village that feels like family.

Independent living offers both freedom and peace of mind for active residents who want to live a maintenance-free lifestyle. Residents enjoy a variety of amenities that alleviate the stresses of everyday life such as cooking, housekeeping, home repairs and much more. Along with planned events and social opportunities, residents can maintain their independence while living in an affordable, comfortable community.

Assisted living offers long-term, personalized care and daily support services. From housekeeping to personal hygiene, meals and assistance with activities of daily living, we are committed to helping our residents live as independently as possible while doing our part to make sure they are happy and healthy. Residents enjoy an enriched lifestyle with many opportunities for social engagement, while their families find peace of mind knowing that their loved one is well cared for.

We offer long-term services specifically designed for residents with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other forms of memory loss. We are specifically designed to support the comfort, security and specialized needs of residents who face the challenges of memory loss. Supported by the latest research in memory care, our dedicated and highly trained staff have specialized training to better assist residents with cognitive impairments.

Celebrating more than 30 years - El Dorado West is a gracious, brand new building surrounding a lovely garden courtyard. We are conveniently located near Seahurst Park, Salmon Creek and not far from Sea-Tac Airport.

Map of El Dorado West