Covenant Living at the Shores

Covenant Living at the Shores (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Covenant Living at the Shores

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Covenant Living at the Shores

June 25, 2015

My mother was in rehab care at Covenant Shores in Mercer Island. It was a very nice, very well-kept, and very friendly community. The rooms were not large, but were pleasant, and they had a garden where the patients can go to. The rooms were situated around a large living area, which had a big screen TV that patients can watch as well as the one in their rooms. They played cards in each other's rooms once in a while. It's got a nice view of Lake Washington, the staff was very friendly, and they have nice facilities. I didn't go in any of their assisted living apartments -- just the rehab care center -- but from the outside, it was very nice. You can take the patients in their wheelchair down to the dock where the lake is.

March 23, 2015

By Garyk

The organization provides good care and services, but from our experience, they charge extra for virtually every little item a resident needs....move a towel rack, fix a light, adjust a shelf, all these requests from their elderly residents generate additional bills to the resident, who is already paying handsomely for their apartment. The management is slow or delays any of the contractual obligations for renovations the resident is entitled to receive on certain anniversaries. Lots of excuses! The sales line is all glamor and glitter, but for the follow through have plenty of patience as they wear you down. The rules favor the organization, NOT the resident, especially the monetary side!

December 30, 2014

The reason I wouldn't go to Covenant Shores was that they charged over $5,000 if you needed nursing assistance. It was almost $5,500 a month, and I couldn't afford that. In the independent living, you buy your little apartment, and then you pay extra number of dollars for all of the facilities, usage, and diner every night. I was looking at a one-bedroom apartment with a fully built-in kitchen. I liked that it was close to Seattle, and I was not afraid of traffic. It was also close to the city where I live right now. They had almost every activity you want. They had a wood shop and a boat dock. They had a nursing facility on site -- almost a mini-hospital. They had their own bus that would take you shopping. It was a beautiful with lots of trees and green lawns with big walks. It was very nice. The food was excellent. Everybody was encouraged to exercise and eat right. Everybody was in good health.

August 13, 2013

By Rey4

Covenant shore is right on the water and a lot of our church people are there. It's a nice place, the staff is excellent but we are not ready yet though. The food is a lot better there than we have here. You have to go outside to go eat and that would be the only negative thing.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

About Covenant Living at the Shores

Surrounded by majestic firs and panoramic views, Covenant Living at the Shores is a unique retirement community on Mercer Island, WA. Nestled in a scenic setting, with the beauty of nature all around, we’re minutes from the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. Just across the bridge from our island community, you’ll find great shopping, fine art, film festivals, live music, theater, bistros and boutiques in downtown Seattle.

Here, you’ll find a private marina overlooking beautiful Lake Washington, perfect for canoeing and kayaking. Practice your short game on our putting green or venture out to a sports arena to see the Mariners, Seahawks, or Sounders play.

Covenant Living at the Shores offers an array of stunning studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment floor plans along with senior living advantages you won’t find elsewhere. Work out in our fitness studio or express your artistry in the creative arts center. You’ll find so much to do at Covenant Living at the Shores, from lakefront barbecues to trips to Seattle and delicious dining in our Fortuna Lodge—plus so much more.

With refundable entrance fees and a full continuum of care, we’re a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) that offers a wellness center and a range of health care options for a confident and secure future.

Map of Covenant Living at the Shores