33 Assisted Living Facilities near Burien, WA
Also serving communities of Normandy Park, Seatac.
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burien area, with 3 in Burien and 30 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burien is $4,200 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 122 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burien. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burien 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kent with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burien, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Burien, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burien
Burien, Washington is home to Angel Lake Park and Ed Munro Seahurst Park, both perfect for watching wildlife, boating, fishing and leisurely nature trail strolls, all of which might be of interest to the city’s 4,253 seniors. For seniors who require an extra level of care, there are three assisted living facilities within the city limits and another 29 located in nearby communities like Seattle and Renton.
In Burien, and in the entire state of Washington, assisted living facilities are overseen by The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Aging and Long-term Support Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burien
- Burien’s cost of living is 151.5, more than 50 points higher than the national average of 100. Although groceries and transportation are also higher than the national average, healthcare ranks much lower at 81.7. Seniors in the city might want to keep the higher cost of living in mind, although they may be able to find more affordable healthcare options.
- In Washington, seniors are not taxed on Social Security benefits, pensions, or retirement savings account withdrawals. Burien seniors may find that the state’s tax laws result in more money left over at tax time to allocate to living expenses.
- The Burien area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Highline Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are several transportation options available to Burien seniors. Free Shuttle Bus rides take seniors to personal appointments and shopping for groceries in the area. Seniors with disabilities or who have trouble getting in and out of vehicles can use the Metro Bus Access shared-ride van and those who prefer to the take the bus can opt to get a Metro Orca bus pass for reduced rates.
- Burien has comfortable year-round temperatures with summer highs of 76 and winter lows of 37, which is ideal for seniors who don’t like extreme heat or cold. Sperling’s Comfort Index gives the area a 78 out of 100 in terms of overall comfort.
- On a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality, Burien has a rank of 20, 38 points lower than the national average of 58. Seniors with breathing difficulties might want to consider other parts of Washington with better air quality.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burien
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Burien start around $4,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burien and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burien
Seniors with low incomes in Washington can get help paying for assisted living care using one of the four Medicaid waivers offered in the state including the COPES Program, Medicaid Personal Care program, the Community First Choice program and the New Freedom Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burien
Burien and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burien, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burien
Burien-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Burien, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burien
Review of Merrill Gardens at Burien
I went to Merrill Gardens at Burien two and a half years ago and it was fine, but it was not a good fit for my mother. There's too much walking from the room to the dining room and other activities... Read more
Review of El Dorado West
I went to El Dorado West. It was very lovely, I loved it, and it was a beautiful place. The staff was gracious, welcoming, and very informative. The gal that helped me, Jill, was just wonderful. It... Read more
Review of El Dorado West
Over the years residents have been respected and listened to, the management always cheerfully accepted compliments from everyone, suggestions however are another story. Management seems to forget... Read more