The Lakeshore

Reviews of The Lakeshore

Assisted Living Reviews for The Lakeshore

August 21, 2015

By Carry1

I am in Lakeshore, and I have been here about two or three weeks. The place is very good. Anybody will like it. The staff is helpful. The room that I am in is very clean and very spacious. The food is very good and very delicious. The dining room is very good. Everything is very good, nice, and clean. They have so many activities. Every day they have something like going out to casino, going out to swimming, and going out to lunch.

January 20, 2015

My mother has been living at The Lakeshore since the beginning of January. It's close to where I live, so it would be convenient for me to go there. It is a very warm and friendly environment, and the nursing staff for assisted living is excellent. They are very conscientious and really stay on top of the residents' needs. They communicate with all the health professionals like the hospitals and doctors' offices, and they are very proactive in terms of anything that the patient needs. They have a lot of different activities for a wide range of people, not only leisure, but intellectual interesting talks as well, and they provide good transportation to churches and doctors. The place is really nice, well kept, and it's right on the lake. It has a great dining room, like you're in a five-star hotel. They are very responsive to any needs that you have. We got a suite, and she has her own bathroom and own mini kitchen that overlooks a garden with a view of Mt. Rainier with temperature control and a lot of safety features. The food is good, but it's geared towards seniors like less spices and less salt. It's pretty basic, but they have a lot of options. They don't have a big huge yard, but they have a garden. There are places to walk around there that are very pleasant.

April 11, 2014

I knew about The Lakeshore because we have a family friend who lives there. We were considering this facility, but it was just way too big for my parents. It's also a bit far from where I live, so it's not convenient, but the facility is in a beautiful location, although a little bit pricey. The staff seemed great. I was able to tour a couple of rooms there, and they were great. They do have Asian food, which is a big deal for my parents because they are Japanese. Their activities are really great.

August 01, 2013

By Andrea10

My mom stayed at The Lakeshore while we're on vacation. She enjoyed the food. She enjoyed the location and the ambience.

May 30, 2013

By Fred5

Everything at The Lakeshore was just comfortable to be in. We had friends there and we visited them. Their apartments were fine and the dining room looked out in the lake. I liked being able to see the lake. The staff seemed really nice.

Independent Living Reviews for The Lakeshore

November 30, 2015

By Caring Daughter48

We saw The Lakeshore for my mom. I actually loved this one and thought it was fabulous. I liked that the community had a very warm, friendly atmosphere and a fabulous dining room. The food was good. It was on the water, which was very nice. The people who work there were very nice, and the people who live there seemed to be friendly. I didn’t see too many activities going on at the time, but everyone we encountered was very friendly.

June 27, 2014

By Jo Ann3

I liked The Lakeshore, I liked a lot of the programs that they have. They've got unusual things going on in there. It was very clean. I just liked everything about it. The location is really good. It was a very nice, well-run place. The people who worked there were very professional, very top-notch. They were my number one choice.

March 26, 2014

By #1son

My father was a resident at the Lakeshore for over seven years. From his third story apartment, he could see north up the lake to Bellevue. He loved his view. He also loved his pea patch garden. He went on many of the bus trips with his friends to outside lunches, scenic trips, the casino, or to an old five and dime store. Evening dinner was very special. He and his friends had their own table for eight. The Lakeshore is a beautiful complex, located on the southern tip of Lake Washington. Being on the end of the runway at Renton field, there is always activity going on to watch. The Lakeshore also has many activities for their residents. My dad even belonged to a Wii bowling league and attended mass on Sunday afternoons in the rec. room. The staff is professional and caring. The dining room is beautiful and the food and service is as if you were in a nice restaurant. I ate there regularly and we hosted several family functions in their private dining room. It is a great place to live.

March 25, 2014

By Susii Higa

My parents have been residents of The Lakeshore a little over a year now. The 24 hr nursing staff along with a very warm professional atmosphere, made the move to The Lakeshore a little bit easier for my parents and siblings. Upon entering the front doors, you are warmly greeted by a staff member and many residents socializing or just hanging out. Residents dine overlooking beautiful Lake Washington tended by a warm, professional staff, and a healthy tasty menu. There are many events and outings scheduled every week, month...there is something for everyone. The facility inside and out is always beautifully maintained and the residents are in a safe environment. Thank-you for caring!

March 15, 2014

The Lakeshore is wonderful. It’s very homey, very nice and I have a small but comfortable room. I’m still getting oriented to the place and I do my thing around here. Cleanliness is light housekeeping once a week and they make the bed. They have bingo and Wii bowling activities. Food is boring because there’s a lot of chicken. I hope they add steak to the menu. The staff is wonderful, caring and appreciative.

Photos of The Lakeshore

Services and Amenities of The Lakeshore

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi

About The Lakeshore

Welcome to The Lakeshore, an Era Living community. The Lakeshore offers a warm, vibrant lifestyle, a vast array of amenities, rich programming, and exceptional Independent Living and Assisted Living care.

The Lakeshore is located on the southern shore of Lake Washington with beautiful panoramic views. It has 156 apartments ranging from studios to two-bedroom suites.

Residents of The Lakeshore experience a maintenance-free lifestyle, including a full service restaurant with chef-prepared selections, on-site Wellness Center staffed by a Registered Nurse, weekly housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation and professionally maintained common areas and gardens.

Residents enjoy choosing from nearly 200 Life Enrichment events each month, including regular outings to the symphony and other cultural events, a variety of fitness and health classes, lectures, garden parties, chef demos, wine and jazz concerts, professionally curated art galas, and much more. Residents find that there are endless opportunities to pursue their passions, mingle with good friends, or simply sit back and enjoy the ambiance.

*Rates are subject to change; care fees are not included in the monthly rate

Map of The Lakeshore