78 Assisted Living Facilities near Kirkland, WA
There are 78 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kirkland area, with 7 in Kirkland and 71 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kirkland is $3,613 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Redmond with an average starting cost of $2,876.
To help you with your search, browse the 307 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kirkland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kirkland 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Redmond with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kirkland, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Kirkland, WA
71 Assisted Living Facilities near Kirkland, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kirkland
Kirkland is a waterfront city, located east of Seattle in the shadow of majestic Mount Rainier. In 2014, Money Magazine ranked Kirkland as the 5th best place to live in the U.S. mostly for its vibrant cultural scene and breathtaking natural settings, both of which can add to the quality of life for its seniors. Kirkland has a population of over 87,000 people, and 6.9 percent of them are over 65 years old. There are 159 assisted living facilities in the area to accommodate this segment of the population.
Assisted living facilities in the state of Washington fall under the regulation of the Residential Care Services arm of the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services. By definition, Washington assisted living facilities are a home or facility that provides basic services, housing and perhaps domiciliary services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kirkland
- Seniors seeking a frugal lifestyle will be hard pressed to find it in Kirkland where the cost of living is 75.3 percent higher than the national average. Groceries, health care and transportation are all high, and housing is almost three times the national average.
- Kirkland experiences the legendary rainy weather of the northwest region of the country but has only four inches of snow each year, much lower than the national average. Temperatures are milder year round which is easier on seniors compromised by breathing or mobility issues.
- Sales tax levels in Kirkland are also higher than normal, coming in at 9.5 percent as compared to the 6.0 percent national average. There is an advantage for seniors seeking employment as the income tax rate is zero percent as compared to the national rate of 4.6 percent.
- King County Metro provides public transportation at a reduced rate for seniors who use their Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP). Seniors aged 65 or older, those with disabilities and Medicare card holders may apply for this special benefit.
- Special programs and activities are available for individuals over the age of 50 through the Peter Kirk Community Center. Some of the available classes include yoga, aerobics, golf, Zumba and line dancing. Other pursuits include a Steppers Walkers Group, charter tours and arts and crafts.
- The Kirkland area is home to one of America's 100 Best Hospitals, Evergreen Health, in the event of emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kirkland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Kirkland start around $3,613 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kirkland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kirkland
Seniors requiring financial assistance to help pay for costs associated with assisted living can apply to the PACE program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kirkland
Kirkland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kirkland, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kirkland
Kirkland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Kirkland, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kirkland
Review of Aegis of Kirkland
My family viewed this community in our search. Everyone & everything was beautiful. We loved the attention the residents got. Spoke with some too & they were so happy. We would have moved i... Read more
Review of Aegis Lodge
We would give everything about Aegis Lodge a 10. Other than, sometimes when my mom needed something urgent there wasn't quite enough help. But everything else is excellent, the food, the support an... Read more
Review of Lakeview of Kirkland
Brookdale Kirkland's rooms seemed very nice. They have different activities like art, library, movies, and Bingo. They have exercises and a theater. I didn't have a meal there, but everything looke... Read more