Emerald City Senior Living

Reviews of Emerald City Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Emerald City Senior Living

July 17, 2017

By Barb

Maple Leaf was very nice. It was very easy living there, and I fit in right away. My room was clean and well maintained. The main person who was in charge was on vacation, but her replacement took care of me very nicely. The food was delicious. It didn't have wireless access in the rooms. I had my computer with me, and I would've enjoyed working online, but other than that, it was a beautiful stay. They took out all the old furniture and put in the new furniture the day I left. They had activities listed, but they were redoing the entryway and the first floor, and it disrupted things.

October 22, 2014

My husband was at The Stratford at Maple Leaf. The place is modern and clean. Some of the staff are very caring. The rooms are very nice. It's definitely new. It's good for my husband because it is down where there are a lot of activities. So when people visit him and take him out, there are a lot of things to do and see. He was happy there at a certain time, but in the end it wasn’t a good fit anymore, although I think this facility would be a good fit for many people.

January 12, 2014

We visited The Stratford and it is a very nice facility. If we were to decide in a facility, it would be something like that one. I like the cleanliness of the place and the activities they involve the residents in. It seems like it is a good place.

July 05, 2012

By elvera_smith

I visited The Stratford at Maple Leaf a few times while my grandmother was there during her hip surgery. The people there were very nice and accommodating to both my grandmother, and to myself and other family members that visited her while she was there. She had a studio room since she wasn't going to be up and about very much while there, and preferred to have a room to herself. Although she hated being in a place like that, she admits that the Stratford at Maple Leaf was much nicer then she had expected, and if she had to go back somewhere similar, she would choose to go there again if she had the choice. I think that if I needed to do so, I personally would trust them with myself or my loved ones as well. She and our family would most definitely recommend it to anyone else who was looking for a good retirement or assisted living facility.

March 06, 2012

By tecari

Was very nice and clean, the staff was helpfull when we moved my grandmother in. They did not even charge us after they told us that she could not stay there anymore due to the fact she was trying to leave on her own. We had to move her to a place that had locked doors. The staff even helped us find a new place for her.

February 02, 2012

By drazon

The Stratford at Maple Leaf was a very nice place. it was very clean and the staff was caring and really seemed to care for my grandma. They also have a great garden and reflecting pool with nice landscaping for a nice place to be outside. i would have to say that it is one of the best places i have every seen.

Questions about Emerald City Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Emerald City Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Emerald City is quite vibrant with many independent living residents in addition to assisted living and memory care residents. Ages range from low 50's to almost 100 with the average being 80 years young. There is almost always something going on for anyone interested in board games, trivia, bingo, movies, exercise classes, and more.

What programs or activities does Emerald City Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

In addition to games and intellectual stimulation, exercise programs and also in-house PT and OT are available for those interested.

What places are near Emerald City Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are near some of the best shopping in Seattle with Trader Joe's; Whole Foods; Target and Northgate Mall all near by. We also have a reservoir park just about 10 blocks from our community.

What transportation services does Emerald City Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is available to residents to doctor and other medical appointments via our electric car and our van that has a wheelchair lift on it.

What makes the chef or dining program at Emerald City Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Culinary Services Director and his team of cooks and servers are always striving to deliver high quality culinary delights including welcoming input from our residents to help in customizing the menu.

How does Emerald City Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have monthly Zoom calls with residents and families to keep everyone up to date with the goings on of our community.

If Emerald City Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Emerald City welcomes cats and dogs to accompany our residents. The dogs have access to pee pads on the expansive patio.

Our Resident Care Director - Nurse - does initial assessments of residents prior to moving in and then again after their first month as a resident. Thereafter, residents are assessed annually and also if their are noticeable health or behavioral events.

Describe the neighborhood around Emerald City Senior Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Emerald City is located between the University of Washington and Northgate Mall at the base of the Maple Leaf neighborhood. It's on a main thoroughfare that backs up to a hillside neighborhood setting.

Costs for Emerald City Senior Living

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Assisted Living Facility

About Emerald City Senior Living

mapleleafseniors.com

At Emerald City Senior Living, our community's culture is built on helping our residents find their happiest, healthiest selves. After hearing from multiple new residents that they were concerned about getting involved and making new friends, we formed a resident ambassador program, which pairs each new resident with an ambassador who helps them acclimate to Emerald City, engage in activities and events, and volunteer in the local community. A lot of our residents want to stay active, even during the dreary, rainy, Seattle winters, so we formed an indoor walking club and indoor gardening club, so they can appreciate the outside, inside. We also noticed that a lot of our residents were traveling to doctor's appointments and therapy visits, so now we're proud to offer a visiting physician service along with an in-house, on-site therapy facility, so our residents can get the care they need, right here, at home.

In short, when our residents talk, we listen. If you or a loved one are looking for a senior living community where residents are respected and heard, we'd love to meet you. Contact us today to schedule a tour.

Emerald City Senior Living is a unique and special community. Nestled in the Ravenna / Maple Leaf neighborhoods we are only minutes from downtown Seattle, Northgate, University of Washington and all wonderful amenities in the area. We offer designer interiors and a wide range of floor plans. In addition to these services we have exceptional dining and the best pricing in the area! We provide complete memory care in our peaceful, dedicated, secure and comfortable Generations wing. Our residents have the option of transitioning from Assisted Living to Memory Care without having to leave the community. We can provide many levels of medical care as well.

Map of Emerald City Senior Living