64 Assisted Living Facilities near Shoreline, WA
There are 64 Assisted Living Facilities in the Shoreline area, with 7 in Shoreline and 57 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 279 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Shoreline. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Shoreline 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mountlake Terrace with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Shoreline, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Shoreline, WA
57 Assisted Living Facilities near Shoreline, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Shoreline
Review of Callahan House at Aegis of Shoreline
Very slow response time. Understaffed. Like car salesmen to get you in, next day everything changes. Nothing fresh about the food but a salad. All uniformed manufactured crap. Yes, fresh frozen foo... Read more
Review of The Courtyard at CRISTA
The Courtyard at CRISTA was a much bigger place than other facilties. It's part of a campus that has a rehabilitation center, a school, and a variety of other things. It's part of a ministry. They ... Read more
Review of Callahan House at Aegis of Shoreline
My dad has been a resident at Callahan House Memory Care for over a year! The staff members truly care about the residents, know them by name and treat them well, focusing on their individual needs... Read more
Assisted Living near King County, WA
More Options Near Shoreline, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Shoreline
Shoreline, Washington, is a city located just north of Seattle and is 20 miles from Pike's Place Market and the University of Washington. With an approximate 15 percent senior population, Shoreline offers seniors seven assisted living facilities (ALF) within the city limits and 54 in the surrounding area. ALFs in the Shoreline area are regulated by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services and are defined as community settings that are licensed to care for seven or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Shoreline
- For seniors who like to travel throughout the country or abroad, Sea-Tac International Airport is conveniently located 25 miles from Shoreline. Shoreline provides a variety of accessible public transportation options for seniors including the Northshore Senior Center Transportation Program.
- Shoreline has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Shoreline Lake Forest Park Senior Center, an organization that offers support groups, health services and multiple activities.
- The overall crime rate in Shoreline is 8 percent lower than the national average crime rate. There are approximately 1,466 reported incidents of crime annually. Seniors who are seeking assisted living in the area and often travel alone or after dark should consider the crime rates in Shoreline.
- The overall cost of living in Shoreline is approximately 11 percent cheaper than in neighboring Seattle. Seniors who move to the area will find housing costs significantly cheaper than Seattle but will find transportation costs in Shoreline to be more expensive.
- In Shoreline, seniors will find summers to be short and dry, a drastic difference from the wet, cold winter months. Because the area averages 55 fewer days of sunshine per year than the rest of the nation, seniors who want to spend time in the sun might look elsewhere for assisted living.
- Air quality across the nation is ranked on a scale of 1 to 100 (100 being perfect) based on the National Air Toxics Assessment. Shoreline's air quality (with a score of 27) is nearly 50 percent less clean than the national average air quality (with a score of 58). Seniors who have chronic respiratory conditions need to be aware of the poor air quality in the Shoreline area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Shoreline
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Shoreline start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Shoreline and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Shoreline
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Shoreline
Shoreline and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Shoreline, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Shoreline
Shoreline-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.