39 Assisted Living Facilities near Edmonds, WA
There are 39 Assisted Living Facilities in the Edmonds area, with 6 in Edmonds and 33 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Edmonds is $3,975 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Lynnwood with an average starting cost of $2,962.
To help you with your search, browse the 190 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Edmonds. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Edmonds 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lynnwood with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Edmonds, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Edmonds, WA
33 Assisted Living Facilities near Edmonds, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Edmonds
Located just north of the Seattle metropolitan area on the eastern edge of Puget Sound, Edmonds, Washington is in a picturesque part of the Pacific Northwest. With a major city just a short trip to the south, plentiful parks and greenspace in and around the community and a notable arts and culture scene, Edmonds has many benefits for local seniors. There are a whopping 61 assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from in the Edmonds area. The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services licenses and regulates all ALFs in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Edmonds
Weather in Edmonds mirrors that of much of the rest of the northwest Washington area. The Edmonds area receives about 38 inches per year, one inch less than the national average, even though it may rain sporadically the majority of days in the year. Average low temperatures in winter are 36 degrees Fahrenheit, while the peak of summer tops out at around 74 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The air quality is excellent in Edmonds throughout the year, even though it is just north of a major metropolitan area. Much of this can be attributed to it being on the ocean and all the green space in and around the community.
- Edmonds has a cost of living index that's 30 percent higher than the state average and 50 percent higher than the U.S. average. Seniors should expect to pay more for necessities such as groceries and health care services. Also, Washington's sales tax is about 28 percent higher than the national average. The sales tax combined with already higher-than-average prices might make Edmonds an unfeasible option for low-income seniors.
- Due to its proximity to the major city of Seattle, Edmonds has a fair amount of crime, but not enough for it to be dangerous. The violent crime averages are a little over half the state average and less than half the national average.
- Homage Senior Services offers Dial-a-Ride transportation for seniors in the Edmonds area. The city's public bus service is also available to seniors age 65 and older at a reduced rate.
- The Edmonds area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the city of Seattle.
Paying for Assisted Living in Edmonds
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Edmonds start around $3,975 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Edmonds and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Edmonds
The Washington Medicaid COPES (Community Options Program Entry System) helps low-income seniors pay for assisted living services. The state also has a supplemental SSI program available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Edmonds
Edmonds and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Edmonds, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Edmonds
Edmonds-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Edmonds
Review of Sunrise of Edmonds
If i could give Sunrise of Edmonds a 10 star i would! It is amazing how just the little amount of customer service goes such a long way! I am so impressed by the services, the attentiveness, and si... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Lynnwood
I didn't like two things about Sunrise of Lynnwood. First, they're going through a major renovation, so it's kind of torn up. Second, all of their front rooms were available, but they totally face ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Lynnwood
Sunrise has three floors. I like it, but they wouldnt be able to work with my long-term insurance. The rooms came with a microwave and a refrigerator, but my husband doesnt need that. I liked the... Read more