66 Assisted Living Facilities near Lynnwood, WA
Also serving communities of Mill Creek.
There are 66 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lynnwood area, with 7 in Lynnwood and 59 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lynnwood is $3,170 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Mountlake Terrace with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 304 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lynnwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lynnwood 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mountlake Terrace with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Lynnwood find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lynnwood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lynnwood, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lynnwood
Lynnwood is a city that is considered part of the Seattle metropolitan area. It is centrally located to Interstate 405 and 5, which makes it easy to get to other larger cities quickly. It is also located to the east of the Puget Sound, which provides a variety of sightseeing and whale-watching opportunities for seniors. For those looking to retire, Lynnwood has eight assisted living facilities in the city and 49 located nearby in cities like Edmonds, Mukilteo and Seattle.
These facilities are regulated by the Washington State Department of Social Services, and they must contain at least seven or more residents. They provide personal care to seniors, including administering medication.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lynnwood
- The Lynnwood are is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Virginia Mason-Lynnwood Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lynnwood has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Services of Snohomish County, an organization that provides physical and mental wellness programs, as well as at least four senior centers.
- Transportation for seniors in Lynnwood is available through the Dial-A-Ride Transportation system. Trips can be made to an from doctor’s appointment, back and forth to jobs, shopping, senior centers and recreational activities.
- The climate in Lynnwood is ideal for seniors who can't tolerate heat. In summer, the average high in July is 73 degrees Fahrenheit, The average low in January is 36 degrees Fahrenheit. The area gets approximately 38 inches of rain per year and four inches of snow.
- Ranked on a scale from one to 100 with one being low, the crime rate in Lynnwood is 21.7 for violent crime and 74.1 for property crime. Violent crime is lower than the national average, while property crime is much higher.
- For seniors on a budget, the cost of living in Lynnwood may prove to be an issue. Based on the United States average of 100, the cost of living in Lynnwood is 138.8, which is also higher than the cost of living in many cities in the state.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lynnwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Lynnwood start around $3,145 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lynnwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lynnwood
If financial assistance is needed to pay for an assisted living facility in Lynnwood, seniors may apply for help through the state's Medicaid Waiver program. Also called the Community Options Program Entry System (COPES), this aid pays for personal care needs and some types of nursing care, including the administration of medication.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lynnwood
Lynnwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lynnwood, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lynnwood
Lynnwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lynnwood, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lynnwood
Review of Quail Park of Lynnwood
I toured Quail Park of Lynnwood about a year ago. It was a pretty expensive place and my mother cannot afford it, but it was a really nice place. The staff was fine, informative, and talked to us a... Read more
Review of Aegis of Lynnwood
My grandmother lives at the Aegis of Lynnwood. They have a courtyard with all grassy areas and a garden. I've been to their outdoor area to visit her most recently during COVID, and it was very nic... Read more
Review of Chateau Pacific
I live in the Chateau Pacific assisted living place. The room that I have right now has a balcony and you pay more. If you are on the east side where they don't have balconies they pay less. Someon... Read more