Brookdale Everett

Reviews of Brookdale Everett

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Everett

December 06, 2013

By Cali girl

My mother has really blossomed since moving into Seabrook a few mos. ago. The nutritous and delicious meals (I have had some), the help with her medicine, and social interaction have all made my mom happier and stronger. With her being there, it has given us kids a peace of mind knowing that she is having her needs met and much more!

November 27, 2013

By Lauri2

My mom has already been established at Emeritus at Seabrook. My brother and his wife chose Emeritus at Seabrook for mom. I don’t like Emeritus. I would not recommend it to anybody. I don’t think they are nice to the people. I've watched them disrespect my mom and other people. My mom has dementia so she needs patience and understanding but they just send her to her room and they took her dog. My mom has a nice apartment. The facility is nice and clean, but the way that they treat the people, if I could move mom out there I would.

August 25, 2013

By caring0816131

I just didn't get a fuzzy warm feeling in their facility. I felt like they were more interested in simply putting a body in the room, rather than being concerned about what the residents and their family needed.

July 29, 2013

By Jan19

Emeritus at Seabrook was close by where I wanted to be. I went there and the description of it seemed to meet my needs. I like their community room and it seemed like the people that were there during my visit were having a good time. The staff was very pleasant and very kind. The rooms that I saw seemed to be very adequate.

June 22, 2012

By Sarah J.

My uncle lives at this facility and I visit him with my aunt about once a month or so. He seems really happy here. He was living together with my aunt but he just needed more care than she was able to give him, so he moved here. He is doing much better than he was at home and the caregivers seem to really care about him. They don't rush through things and take time to make sure his needs are met. He is pretty active and participates in the various activities they offer - which are lots! He's always doing something and engaging with other residents. It's good to see him so happy and content. He also seems to like the food there and says that the cook should be working at a five star restaurant instead! Pretty good compliment, I think. This seems like a really great facility for him and I would recommend it to other people looking for assisted living homes for their relatives.

July 30, 2011

By Amber M

I remember working for the local newspaper, I had volunteered to deliver papers to the assisted living facilities because I was considered less intimidating to the elderly people who were staying there. Every time I walked inside, the sitting rooms were decorated with lavish flowers, each "apartment" was labeled with the individual name of the dweller of the estate, the carpets were clean and every one seemed to be happy. It was a very bright contrast from the nursing home my grandmother was staying at as she required more care-- that facility simply felt like a hospital of ignored patients. Here-- you were able to see the care and support that was given to the residents-- they were happy and kind. The elderly left cookies or mints out in order to share their gratitude-- it was simply nice to be in a place where you knew your elderly were pleased, safe, and felt at home.

Questions about Brookdale Everett

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Everett. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Age average is 86. Residents love to make new friends and be involved. we have multi generational activities to participate in as well.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Everett offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a wide range of activities from shopping outings, scenic drives, happy hour weekly, arts and crafts, daily exercise programs, music entertainment, and etc.

What places are near Brookdale Everett or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Walgreen's is just across the street and Everett Mall is just a short drive under 2 miles away that we frequent.

What transportation services does Brookdale Everett offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation services to ALL residents. We offer grocery shopping, outings to the mall, Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, and doctors appoints. All transportation is scheduled ahead of time and on the calendar.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Everett exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer home-style cooking with lots of options. The homemade desserts are incredible!

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Everett offer to assisted living residents?

We have monthly fire drills, in-room emergency call systems, nightly care checks and each resident receives a care pendant.

How does Brookdale Everett keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We conduct monthly calls on a regular basis just to update on what is going on. We also will communicate via email and phone if there are concerns about care needs. The Executive Director's door is always open for conversations or ideas.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Everett during daytime and nighttime hours?

This is dependent on care needs of the residents receiving assisted living services.

If Brookdale Everett accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brookdale Everett does accept pets. The neighborhood is very easy to maneuver via walking and the community is situated in a nice neighborhood on a cul-de-sac.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Brookdale Everett provides mental health and dementia training as well as Home Care Aide Training. We provide monthly safety training for all staff at our monthly staff meetings. We follow the state regulations.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Everett provide to protect residents who wander?

Brookdale Everett is unable to keep someone who wanders safe as we do not have wander guard or a secured unit.

Photos of Brookdale Everett

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Everett

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Everett

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Everett