9 Assisted Living Facilities near Marysville, WA
Also serving communities of Lake Stevens.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marysville area, with 3 in Marysville and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Marysville is $2,995 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Bothell with an average starting cost of $2,835.
To help you with your search, browse the 35 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marysville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marysville 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Everett with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marysville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Marysville, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marysville
Marysville, WA., has more than 487 acres of parks within its city limits, and it hosts numerous festivals throughout the year, providing many opportunites for seniors to remain active in the community. Seniors, age 65 and older, comprise 11.7 percent of the overall population in Marysville, and there are nine local assisted living facilities to serve them. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marysville
- Marysville’s annual weather includes regular spurts of rain throughout the year and a temperate climate. The average rainfall is 42 inches annually. January lows fall to 34 degrees Fahrenheit and July highs peak at 74 degrees Fahrenheit. There’s an average of 163 sunny days per year in Marysville, making it easy for seniors to regularly enjoy outdoor activities.
- The air quality index in Marysville is 37 percent better than the national average. However, the city's pollution index is 211 percent worse than the U.S. average. Because of this, there may be times when the quality of the air bothers seniors battling respiratory illnesses or allergies.
- The cost of living in Marysville is 15 percent higher than the national average, which could make living in the area difficult for seniors on a budget. Necessities, such as groceries and health care services, cost more than they do on average throughout the U.S., and the state's sales tax is approximately 28 percent higher than the country's average.
Crime rates in Marysville are below the state average but above the national average. However, most of this is due to a high percentage of property crime in the area. Violent crime is well below the state and national averages making the community very safe overall.
- Snohomish County has a pre-authorized volunteer transportation program for seniors who need rides to medical appointments or other nearby locations. Seniors who are 60 years of age or older are eligible for this program as long as they cannot self-transport or use public transportation.
- The Marysville area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the city of Everett to the south.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marysville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Marysville start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marysville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marysville
Washington state offers non-entitlement assisted living financial aid through their Home and Community Based Services (HCBS). However, applicants must first qualify to receive this financial aid through the Washington Medicaid COPES (Community Options Program Entry System).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marysville
Marysville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marysville, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marysville
Marysville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Marysville, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marysville
Review of Grandview Village
My mother used to live at Grandview Village. It was OK. She just needed more personal care. They had exercise classes, bazaars, and a performer would come in and sing. They had quite a bit there. H... Read more
Review of Grandview Village
My mother was in a 2-bedroom 2-bath unit in Grandview Village. They offer activities and things for the residents. One thing that bothered me was that they change staff a lot. You just get used to ... Read more
Review of The Gardens at Marysville
We visited Brookdale Marysville and they were awesome. We love the staff and the dining room was super nice. They have menus and you can choose your food. It was a very friendly place. The executiv... Read more