7 Assisted Living Facilities near Arlington, WA
Also serving communities of Stanwood.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Arlington area, with 3 in Arlington and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Arlington is $3,081 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Marysville with an average starting cost of $2,672.
To help you with your search, browse the 42 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Arlington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Arlington 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Marysville with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Arlington, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Arlington, WA
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Arlington, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Arlington
Seniors living in the Seattle metro area can see wallabies and kangaroos close to home at the Wildlife Park in Arlington, Washington. Arlington is home to nearly 18,000 people, 11.32% of whom are at least 65 years old, and some of these seniors may take advantage of the three assisted living facilities in town that help residents with the tasks of daily living, such as grooming and hygiene.
In Arlington and throughout the state, these facilities provide assistance with daily tasks to residents and are licensed by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Arlington
- There are only seven states that don’t have an income tax, and Washington is one of them. Retirees in Mukilteo don’t have to pay tax on their Social Security benefits, private and public pensions or withdrawals from 401(ks) and IRAS. These tax savings may help Arlington seniors afford the cost of assisted living care.
- The Arlington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cascade Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Arlington's cost of living is 133.8, on par with the state average but nearly 34% higher than the U.S. baseline of 100. Housing costs are twice the national average, but family members moving here to be close to loved ones in assisted living may save on healthcare and utility costs.
- According to the EPA, Arlington's air quality of 55 is on par with the national average of 58. This may give seniors with COPD and asthma peace of mind that their condition isn't likely to worse here.
- With a temperature range of 35 to 74 degrees, Arlington's climate may be a welcome surprise to seniors moving here from colder climes. The area receives just 5 inches of snowfall per year but gets 42 inches of rain, 4 inches more than the U.S. median.
- Arlington's violent crime rate of 12.4 is about half the U.S. average of 22.7, but the city's property crime of 69.5 is double the national average of 35.4. This could be a cause of concern for seniors running errands in town.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Arlington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Arlington start around $3,081 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Arlington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Arlington
Seniors who require an assisted living facility in Arlington may be able to get help with the costs from the Community Options Program Entry System (COPES) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Arlington
Arlington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Arlington, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Arlington
Arlington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Arlington
Review of Olympic Place by Bonaventure
Olympic Place by Bonaventure is excellent. My room is small and clean, but no storage space. Overall, the staff has been great. The food is institutional but edible. There's just no seasoning so it... Read more
Review of Cascade Valley Senior Living
The people in Cascade Valley were very nice and helpful. We felt that most of the residents have more progressed dementia than our mother. There were quite a few people wandering around and a lot o... Read more
Review of Cascade Valley Senior Living
We chose Cascade Valley for my mother-in-law because the home feels small, and the cost was totally in our budget. She's in the memory care, they give good one-on-one care, and it's not like a faci... Read more