10 Assisted Living Facilities near Mount Vernon, WA
Also serving communities of La Conner.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mount Vernon area, with 4 in Mount Vernon and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 39 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mount Vernon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mount Vernon 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burlington with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mount Vernon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mount Vernon, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mount Vernon
Mount Vernon, Washington, is part of Skagit County and known throughout the region for its participation in the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival which grows millions of tulips every year. The city is home to 35,741 people, 15.2% of whom are aged 65 years or older. Mount Vernon's senior population can choose from the area's four assisted living facilities to help support them in activities of daily living.
In Mount Vernon, and throughout the entire state of Washington, assisted living facilities are called assisted living facilities (ALFs). They are administered and licensed by The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mount Vernon
- The Mount Vernon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mount Vernon seniors can take advantage of Washington state's retirement tax-friendliness. Neither public or private pensions, Social Security, nor withdrawals from retirement accounts are subject to any state tax. Washington also does not levy inheritance or estate tax.
- Seniors in Mount Vernon will spend more than the national average in all sectors except utilities and health care. Overall, the cost of living in Mount Vernon is 22.2 percent higher than the average in the rest of the country.
- Violent crime in Mount Vernon is very low. On a scale of one to 100, with one being the safest possible environment, the average incidence of violent crime scores a 13. Property crime is a bigger concern to seniors; it rates 60.1 out of 100, which is nearly 25 points above the national average.
- Seniors who want to avoid the snow appreciate that Mount Vernon only sees an average 5 inches of snow per year, compared to an average of 28 inches in the rest of the country. The average rainfall exactly matches the national average at 38 inches per year.
- As part of the Skagit Valley, Mount Vernon benefits from a robust public bus service network which offers discounted fares to seniors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mount Vernon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Mount Vernon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mount Vernon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Vernon
Mount Vernon seniors can access a number of Medicaid waivers to help afford assisted living services. These programs include the Community Options Program Entry System (COPES), Washington Medicaid Personal Care (MPC), the Community First Choice Program and the New Freedom Program. Seniors may need to be pre-screened to assess their eligibility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mount Vernon
Mount Vernon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mount Vernon, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Vernon
Mount Vernon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Mount Vernon, WA
Other Options in Mount Vernon, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mount Vernon
Review of Ashley Gardens
I have seen how well cared for the residents are at Ashely Gardens of Mount Vernon. Kind, treated like family. Their dining is in a homey type atmosphere and they have 24 hour nurses on staff. Mus... Read more
Review of Ashley Gardens
Ashly Gardens, Mt. Vernon, WA January 29, 2019 Ashley Gardens showed up in Shirley’s life just in time. She was having behavioral problems: striking the nurses and staff, threatening other... Read more
Review of Ashley Gardens
I have a friend that lived there . And she received great care and the staff was very helpful. was very pleased with what i saw. This is definitely a place i would refer to a friend. Read more