116 Assisted Living Facilities near Bothell, WA
With an average cost of $3,450 in Bothell, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 51 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 7 facilities in Bothell.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bothell, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bothell
Bothell, which is located on the eastern shore of Puget Sound, features 400 acres of parks and four trail systems. The city is home to nearly 46,000 people, roughly 13 percent of whom are aged 65 and over.
To accommodate local seniors, the Bothell region has over 100 assisted living facilities, including seven within the city limits. Assisted living facilities in Bothell, as in all of Washington, house seven or more seniors. These facilities are licensed through the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bothell
- Washington does not have a state income tax, so Bothell seniors do not pay taxes to the state on any type of retirement income, even that which is taxed at the federal level. The sales tax rate here is quite high, however.
- Bothell is rated 18 out of 100 on a crime index, indicating that it is safer than 18 percent of U.S. cities, and it is rated safer than 31 percent of Washington cities of all sizes. Seniors who enjoy being out alone may want to be sure that they are aware of their surroundings at all times.
- The air quality in Bothell is subpar, with the American Lung Association giving King County a D for ozone pollution and a C for short-term particle pollution. This may negatively affect seniors with conditions like COPD.
- The overall cost of living in Bothell is roughly 80 percent higher than the national average and 50 percent higher than the statewide average, which may be a consideration for seniors on a fixed income. Housing in this city is more than triple the U.S. average, and transportation costs, including gasoline and auto insurance, are about 60 percent higher than the national average. Seniors can expect to spend about 20 percent less on healthcare here than in the nation as a whole, which may benefit those with chronic health conditions.
- The Bothell area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kaiser Permanente Northshore Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Bothell rates 78 out of 100 on Sperling's Comfort Index, indicating a fairly comfortable climate throughout the year. The hottest month of the year is August when highs reach 77 degrees, and the city experiences virtually no humidity. December highs are in the mid-40s, and the city receives only 4 inches of snowfall annually.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bothell
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Bothell start around $3,320 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bothell and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bothell
Seniors in Bothell may have services in an assisted living facility covered through the Apple Health, the state's Medicaid plan, as well as the state’s Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver program called Community Options Program Entry System, or COPES.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bothell
Bothell and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bothell, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bothell
Bothell-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bothell, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bothell
Review of North Creek by Bonaventure
North Creek by Bonaventure is a busy community. It's fairly impacted by roads. They're friendly but limited in space and amenities. The person who gave us the tour was very knowledgeable and friend... Read more
Review of North Creek by Bonaventure
I like North Creek for its location and because the people are very nice, the food is good, and the apartments are very nice. The staff were all very nice. They answered questions, and they did wha... Read more
Review of Chateau Bothell Landing
I lived previously at Chateau Bothell Landing. Everything was good at the time I was there. The food and the whole works were good. The staff was always willing to help any time I needed help. They... Read more