63 Assisted Living Facilities near Auburn, WA
There are 63 Assisted Living Facilities in the Auburn area, with 7 in Auburn and 56 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Auburn is $2,672 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 235 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Auburn. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Auburn 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Federal Way with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Auburn, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Auburn, WA
56 Assisted Living Facilities near Auburn, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Auburn
Conveniently located between Seattle and Tacoma in the shadow of Mt. Rainier, Auburn is a more affordable option for seniors looking for assisted living. This community is home to a mid-sized population of which 10.9 percent are seniors. The city has 82 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the area to accommodate this population, with 14 in Auburn and 68 in the surrounding areas. All are regulated by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Auburn
- The cost of living in Auburn is 27.7 percent above the national average, but the city is still a more affordable choice than Seattle, which is 76.5 percent higher than the rest of the country. Housing costs are what drive this higher percentage, with grocery, health care and transportation costs coming in around 10 to 15 percentage points above the U.S. medians.
- Auburn enjoys pleasant weather in the summer, with temperatures rarely reaching above 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters can be very cold, however, with overcast, wet weather reaching low temperatures of 36 degrees in January.
- Seniors living in Washington are not taxed on income from Social Security, which leaves more money in their budget for assisted living costs. Pensions and retirement accounts are also tax-free in the state.
- Getting around the city is convenient with buses provided by Metro Transit, Pierce Transit and Sound Transit, all of which provide reduced fares for those aged 65 and over. The city also offers Hyde shuttles, which provide free door-to-door transportation for seniors 55 and over.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the lowest crime, Auburn has a low violent crime rate scoring a 31.6, compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime is high, however, and scored 68.8 compared to the U.S. average of 38.1. In general, Auburn is safer than 32 percent of U.S. cities.
- Auburn has an array of community resources for seniors, including the city’s Senior Center, an organization that offers support services such as health insurance information, senior rights assistance, and transportation, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Auburn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Auburn start around $3,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Auburn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Auburn
Seniors who are in need of financial assistance for assisted living can apply through three different Medicaid programs: the Medicaid Personal Care (MPC) program, the Community First Choice Option (CFCO) and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid Waivers including the Washington Medical COPES (Community Options Program Entry System) Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Auburn
Auburn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Auburn, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Auburn
Auburn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Auburn, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Auburn
Review of Prestige Senior Living Auburn Meadows
Prestige Senior Living Auburn Meadows looks quite nice from the outside, and the apartment that my mother got is nice too. The service is good. The dining hall is good and she likes the food there.... Read more
Review of Brannan Park Retirement
Brannan Park (Village Concepts of Auburn - Brannan Park) is very clean with really nice staff members. It's very warm, cozy, and comfortable. The clients there seemed to be happy and friendly. The ... Read more
Review of Bailey Manor Inc
Bailey Manor was a house and it had a jack and jill bath. I just wasn't comfortable with having a man using the same bath as my mom. It was small, but it was cute, and the residents seemed happy to... Read more