63 Assisted Living Facilities near Kent, WA
Also serving communities of Maple Valley.
There are 63 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kent area, with 10 in Kent and 53 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kent is $3,040 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 312 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kent. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kent 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Milton with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kent, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kent, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kent
Originally dubbed Titusville, Kent began with just 793 residents and now supports more than 125,000. The Kent area has 54 assisted living communities scattered in and around the city near local parks, businesses and restaurants. Seniors who are mostly independent but need some help with personal care, such as dressing, bathing, and grooming, as well as medication administration may benefit from the support of an assisted living facility.
Seniors or caretakers who are hesitant about assisted living can reach out to the Aging and Long-Term Support Administration, which strives to prevent abuse, neglect and subpar care in Washington's assisted living facilities. This agency is part of the Washington Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kent
- Kent is in King County, which has poor scores from The American Lung Association. The organization warns that more than 273,000 King County seniors over the age of 65 run the risk of experiencing issues from the area's poor air quality.
- Crime affects many residents of Kent, Washington, because the city is only safer than 3 percent of cities in the nation. The risk of experiencing a violent crime is lower in Kent than in Washington as a whole, but residents have a one in 17 chance of experiencing a property crime. Property crimes include theft, arson and home or vehicular damage.
- The mild temperatures of Kent create a comfortable setting for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. Temperatures typically range from 38 to 79, though greater fluctuations may occur during the summer and winter.
- The Kent area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Valley Medical Center and Kent Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Kent's cost of living exceeds the national average and the average for Washington state. Kent has a score of 132.2, with 100 equalling the U.S. average. This is still lower than nearby cities such as Seattle, Bellevue and Fairwood.
- Kent offers tax exemptions and deferrals for seniors who own personal property. An exemption requires an annual income of $40,000 or less, but seniors requesting a deferral can earn up to $45,000 per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kent
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Kent start around $3,040 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kent and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kent
Financial assistance is an option for qualifying Medicaid recipients in Kent. Options include the Medicaid Personal Care Program, the Community First Choice Option, the Washington Medicaid COPES Waiver, Medicaid Alternative Care or the New Freedom Medicaid Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kent
Kent and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kent, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kent
Kent-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Kent, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kent
Review of Arbor Village Senior Living
Arbor Village was an adequate place for my father until it wasn’t. Don’t take anything with you that you don’t want stolen. Three times he had things stolen from his room…jewelry and even his false... Read more
Review of Farrington Court
The tour we had at Farrington Court was a very good experience. They were very informative and we had a good rapport with the staff. That would have been our second choice. We had a good talk and t... Read more
Review of Farrington Court
We met with the family coordinator of Farrington Court and then walked the grounds. There were several residents residing there watching TV or going to get their dinner walking about the hallways, ... Read more