Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

Reviews of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

January 29, 2018

By Vickie

Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup was kind of beat up and not as clean as other places. We had an appointment, but it apparently wasn't on their books. The receptionist was really sweet and nice and took us around the facility. Every person was kind, stopped for a moment, and chatted with us. We were very impressed with the people.

September 30, 2016

By Teri638044

I liked Brookdale; the people are friendly and good. They have all kinds of games, and they go on rides. They take mother to doctor?s appointments, they serve 3 meals, and the staff is very good. They do her laundry. The room is light, colorful, and of good size. The people that live there are very friendly. The maintenance man is wonderful, and he?s right there to help them.

September 07, 2015

By Karen112922850

Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup (Formerly Emeritus at the Courtyard) was nice, and I like the people. My aunt has a private room. It is small, but it is adequate. It has a bathroom, a refrigerator, and a microwave. The food is good. They kind of encourage people to eat lots of vegetables, which is a good thing. They have bingo, movies, and excursions.

April 02, 2015

By susanlm

My mother lived here for over 2 years. On a regular basis I heard how awful the food was, especially how salty. For someone on high blood pressure medication, that is not good. The housekeeping left something to be desired. On the surface it was okay, but when we moved her chair it was horrible. There was so much stuff crusted under it and about a dozen pills that she had dropped. I found bread pudding in the fridge that was 11 months old! A lot of the food in her cupboards was expired as well. Very unsafe for someone with a lot of health issues. I didn't live close so I couldn't keep track of these things. Sad that the staff didn't either.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our regional team has reviewed and addressed your concerns with local management to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

March 20, 2015

By Linda99561950

I like Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup. The community was of medium size, and the rooms were nice. They had a nice courtyard, and it’s like a U-shaped building. The reception area was nice. The dining room was nice as well although I did have some things that I did not care about. The soup that I had was really salty. I mentioned it, and they said they do not add salt to anything, but it was a purchased product so whatever company they purchased that from puts a lot of salt in. I thought it was odd for a place like that to purchase any product that has a lot of salt. It seemed very clean, but there was somewhat of an old person’s smell in there. I think they can improve on that.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

March 16, 2015

I toured all five places that they sent me to go look at. I like Brookdale one in Puyallup up on the hill. It was minutes from my brother's house. I didn't like the location at all, but my mom thought she wanted to live near a family member.

September 30, 2014

Everything was fine at Emeritus at the Courtyard. We had our visit at the facility and we were interested with the place. Everything seemed to be clean and good. The rooms were fine. The staff was accommodating. They mentioned that they have good activities for their residents. They also have buses that take people out. They have a computer room too. They have 24-hour service to eat,which most places didn’t have.

August 17, 2014

By caring09501

We didn’t like the feel of Emeritus. Their hallways are really narrow and there weren't as many community areas. People just comes up and down in their wheelchairs in the hallways like a nursing home. So we don't like that at all. The layout of the facility did not take into consideration that people would want to congregate. It is not conducive to having places for people to be able fit and hang out and socialize. The areas are really small and non-existent so far as places for them to go. There was just only one tiny little activity room at the end of the hallway. But the people that work there is fine. There were different parts of that facility that would have been nice. The individual cottages were great. They also had a nursing home part. It remind me more of a nursing home than an assisted living The studio was fine but it was small

April 21, 2014

Emeritus at the Courtyard was small, but it didn't have a sense of being cooped up in it. There was a sense of room. They were very clean all the way around, and it was well-maintained. The staff was friendly and competent. I had a meal there, and the meal was very good. Their dining room was average. They had activities, but I didn't go for any of those.

March 27, 2014

Emeritus at the Courtyard was a very nice and welcoming facility. However, given the choice between close and closer, I chose closer. Their lunch menu was timed, and it was not quite as much memory care as the one my mom is at now.

December 26, 2013

My mother-in-law has been in Emeritus for quite a while now. Their staff is really good and vey attentive to Lucy and her needs. When I called, they're always following up. Her room is beautiful. They do have quite a bit of activities but Lucy can't participate because her dementia has progressed to the point where they don't want her wandering anywhere. She also would hide her money and then, when they take her out, she doesn't have her money. So it has been really frustrating for the whole family for her to not be able to do that. They don't keep a safe box or anything. I wish that the activity director would be able to keep $20 on from us so that she can have it just for petty cash, but they won't do it, that's one thing that I'm non-favored of. I would recommend them if the person doesn't have a problem with memory care. I think they're not a good facility for someone like my mother-in-law. We are going to have to move her eventually because this is not a good place for memory care and they just don't anything like that. They say they have it, but I don't see any. They need to improve on activities too.

August 12, 2013

By Judy37

I was very impressed by the staff at Emeritus at the Courtyard because they were very kind and they seemed motivated. The rooms were fantastic and clean. They seemed to have good activities and they were mostly an older group. There were more types of care but they did not show me the actual memory care unit. The staffing level, however, was not close in comparison to the other facility where my husband stayed. My husband needed specialized memory care and they did not have an on-care call doctor. It was also more expensive.

December 21, 2012

By Danny3

I visited this facility because my Great Grandmother was living here. The staff seems very nice and helpful and she loves the courtyard outside with the trees and flowers. She seems to really be enjoying her time here. One thing I personally liked was this large dining area. I'm not sure what they officially call this room, but it has high ceilings with chandeliers, and very nice tables with fancy settings. It looks like a high-end restaurant.

February 29, 2012

By sharon63tbird

My aunt is a current resident and she loves it! I toured with my friend who I hoped would move in. She decided to stay where she is at. She was not interested in sharing a room. But, it is a great facility. I will recommend it to others!

September 30, 2011

By lucyh

Very well run. I visited my grandmother here and it was wonderful to know that she was not only in a clean facility, but that the staff had a true investment in her well-being.

Photos of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

• German
  • Japanese
  • Russian

About Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Courtyard Puyallup