26 Assisted Living Facilities near Puyallup, WA
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Puyallup area, with 9 in Puyallup and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Puyallup is $3,130 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 109 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Puyallup. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Puyallup 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sumner with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Puyallup, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in Puyallup, WA
Promotion ends in 2 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
17 Assisted Living Facilities near Puyallup, WA
Other Options in Puyallup, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Puyallup
Review of Meridian Hills
This facility is full of bedbugs. There has been no attempt to take care of the infestation, and now that they are closing they are not disclosing to the facilities that are taking the residents t... Read more
Review of Meridian Hills
I would not recommend this place until they get their bed bugs under control. My Mother in Law lives here and we can no longer bring her to our house to visit because of the bugs. They have sprayed... Read more
Review of Meridian Hills
We visited Meridian Hills. They had really nice rooms, a big kitchen area, and Dad would have picked that one if they had air conditioning. The parking was limited, it was uphill, and hes still tr... Read more
Assisted Living near Pierce County, WA
More Options Near Puyallup, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Puyallup
Puyallup, named after a Native American tribe in western Washington, means “generous people," and Areavibes gives the city an A+ for its amenities, such as shops and restaurants. Puyallup also has nine assisted living facilities (ALFs) with 31 more in nearby areas such as Tacoma, Federal Way and Auburn. ALFs in Puyallup are governed by the Evergreen State’s Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Aging and Long-Term Support Administration (ALTSA), Residential Care Services (RCS) Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Puyallup
- The comfortable year-round climate in Puyallup consists of mild winters with an average low of 33 degrees Fahrenheit in January and cool summers averaging 78 degrees in July. This lets seniors enjoy the city’s urban forest, parks, golf courses, farms and other outdoor attractions and activities.
- Although Puyallup’s overall cost of living is 12 percent higher than the U.S. average, retirees can enjoy significant tax savings as personal income, social security, retirement benefits and pensions are state tax-exempt in Washington.
- Senior mobility is supported in Puyallup. Pierce Transit operates buses around Pierce County at reduced fares for passengers 65+ and offers shared-ride paratransit services. Riders 65+ pay discounted fares on Sounder train rides to Seattle. Seniors can also book private transportation to medical appointments and special events.
- The home of the Washington State Fair, Puyallup offers a rich arts and culture experience. Seniors heading downtown can enjoy a free walking tour of the Arts Downtown outdoor art gallery, check out fascinating finds at the Antique District and watch live shows at the Liberty Theater with discounted tickets for guests 55+. Museum passes give city library patrons free admission to select museums in Washington.
- The Puyallup area is home to world-class medical facilities including MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital, MultiCare East Pierce Family Medicine, Pacific Medical Center and Summit View Clinic in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Puyallup is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Puyallup
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Puyallup start around $3,130 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Puyallup and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Puyallup
There are Medicaid programs offered by the state of Washington to pay for the cost of ALF services in Puyallup. Eligible seniors may qualify for the Community First Choice (CFC) State Plan or one of the Home and Community-Based Service 1915(c) waivers which are the Community Options Program Entry System (COPES), New Freedom and Residential Support waivers.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Puyallup
Puyallup and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Puyallup, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Puyallup
Puyallup-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.