The Rivers at Puyallup

Reviews of The Rivers at Puyallup

Assisted Living Reviews for The Rivers at Puyallup

July 11, 2013

By Michael22

Merrill Gardens was quiet and clean. The rooms were adequate. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, answered every question we had and very accommodating in showing us around.

September 26, 2012

By arbiter

My grandfather despite being a surly old man was beloved by all the staff in the assisted living facility where he spent the last years of his life. The lead nurse would always refer to him by name and tell my mother and I what he had eaten, how he was doing, any problems that had arose since our last visit and more. The staff in general seemed to care about increasing the quality of life for their residents and were excellent at their jobs. There was also opportunities for physical therapy on premises and the physical therapy staff were just as friendly and professional with grandpa as his nurses were.

August 28, 2012

By andrew15

About a month ago, my fianc̩e and I visited my grandmother at her new home in Merrill Gardens in Puyallup, Washington. I was blown away at the quality of life this facility offers its residents. The staff warmly welcomed us and seemed thrilled at the thought of family participation at the facility. We visited around lunchtime and were amazed at the wide selection of food. There was a full salad bar with fresh fruits and vegetables, a restaurant-style menu for entr̩es, and variety of different ice creams for dessert. At around 10 dollars per person, I feel that the meal was quite affordable. Another thing that surprised me about the experience is the calendar of events for the residents. Many participate in a weekly Wii Bowling game, and some even have played in a Wii Bowling tournament in Seattle. My grandmother also pointed out that there are beginning Spanish classes, card games, exercise classes, and many other activities that enable residents to maintain an active social life. The final item of note is that all residents and visitors have to check in and out of the complex as they come and go. This gave me peace of mind as my grandmother gets confused easily, and having her check in and out helps the staff keep tabs on her. All in all, I'm very content that my grandmother is in this positive living environment.

Independent Living Reviews for The Rivers at Puyallup

Costs for The Rivers at Puyallup

Photos of The Rivers at Puyallup

Services and Amenities of The Rivers at Puyallup

• About The Rivers at Puyallup

The Rivers at Puyallup is a senior living provider in Puyallup, Washington that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact The Rivers at Puyallup for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Rivers at Puyallup