7 Assisted Living Facilities near Biloxi, MS
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Biloxi area, with 3 in Biloxi and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Biloxi is $2,775 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 67 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Biloxi. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Biloxi 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ocean Springs with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Biloxi find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Biloxi, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Biloxi, MS
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Biloxi, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Biloxi
Biloxi is a historic city located on the Gulf of Mexico and the Mississippi Sound. It was settled in 1699, making it one of the oldest communities in the country. Today, the city is known for its many casinos in the historic district and along the beachfront.
ALFs in Biloxi are regulated by the Mississippi State Department of Health and are defined as long-term facilities providing supplemental services and assistance, including medical services, to seniors who are ambulatory and require minimal care. Seniors in Biloxi can choose from eight assisted living facilities (ALFs) — three in town, and another five in the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Biloxi
- Biloxi is known for its mild subtropical climate, enjoying approximately 219 sunny days per year and comfortable winters with no snow. The city scores a 74 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index and gets about 65 inches of rain per year, well above the U.S. average of 39. Seniors should note that this area is vulnerable to hurricanes.
- Violent crime is low in Biloxi, with a rating of 35.3 out of 100, slightly higher than the national average of 31.1, making the city a safe option for seniors.
- Biloxi is a good choice for seniors on a budget, as the cost of living is 7 percent lower than the U.S. average. Grocery, health, transportation and housing costs all fall below the national average.
- The Coastal Transit Authority (CTA) provides public transportation to the city of Biloxi, offering reduced fares for seniors over 60 and free passes for residents over 90. CTA also offers seniors curb-to-curb service for transportation to medical appointments, shopping and senior centers.
- The Biloxi area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness. Only two hospitals, Merit Health Biloxi and the Keesler Medical Center (an Air Force hospital) are in the immediate area.
- Biloxi has an array of community resources for seniors The city of Biloxi’s Seniors Program offers a full calendar of activities, such as luncheons, dances, field trips, arts and crafts, and exercise programs. Biloxi has two senior centers — Woolmarket Prime of Life Center and East Biloxi Senior Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Biloxi
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Biloxi start around $2,775 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Biloxi and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Biloxi
Eligible seniors in Biloxi may receive funding for assisted living by applying for three different waivers through the Mississippi Division of Medicaid Home and Community Based Services: the Assisted Living Waiver, the Elderly and Disabled Waiver and the Independent Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Biloxi
Biloxi and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Biloxi, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Biloxi
Biloxi-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Biloxi
Review of Bay Cove Assisted Living
Beautiful rooms, very spacious. They come with a fridge and microwave. Outside balcony. Can see the water from any view. So peaceful looking. Building beautifully furnished and the staff are just t... Read more
Review of Brookdale Biloxi
My mother moved into Brookdale Biloxi for 3 weeks now, and she's doing okay. Everybody there, the staff, the residents seem very nice. They have a beauty parlor, and the lady did a good job. She ha... Read more
Review of Bay Cove Assisted Living
Finding the right place for my parents was one of the hardest things to do. They did not want to leave their home of 55 years but it was time. We chose Bay Cove because of the excellent reviews a... Read more