5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hattiesburg, MS

Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hattiesburg, MS

Brookdale Hattiesburg

103 Fox Chase Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39402
"The staff at Brookdale Hattiesburg was lovely. She really knows her business. I was very impressed. I looked at the menu, and it was very nutritious; it looked really satisfying to me. I liked it...." More

The Claiborne at Hattiesburg Assisted...

200 Whispering Pines Blvd, Hattiesburg, MS 39401
"We are in the process of moving my mom into The Claiborne at Hattiesburg. I've been there several times and I chose it for her because I liked the look and feel of the facility. Everything was..." More
New Satisfaction Guarantee - If a resident moves into a Claiborne community, and isn't satisfied... (more) Ends in 158 days

Provision Living at Hattiesburg

217 Methodist Blvd, Hattiesburg, MS 39402
"The lady who took us around at Provision Living at Hattiesburg was very nice, helpful and informative. The facilities were older, but still very nice. They had a lot of activities and it would be..." More

Windham House of Hattiesburg

37 HILLCREST DRIVE, Hattiesburg, MS 39502
"From what I see & from what my great uncle tells me The Windham House of Hattiesburg has excellent staff. Good and caring nurses. The facility is also very clean and very homey, not like most..." More

Alden Pointe

2 Courtland Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39402
"TO SAY THAT WE LOVE ALDEN POINTE IS A GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT.MY WIFE HAS BEEN IN THE MEMORY CARE FOR OVER I YEAR.SHE HAS RECEIVED ONLY THE BEST CARE.TO ALL THE EMPLOYES IVE TALKED WITH,SAY THIS NOT A..." More

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hattiesburg

Hattiesburg is a small city in Forrest County, Mississippi, with plenty of historic appeal. Downtown Hattiesburg spans 23 blocks and appears on the National Register of Historic Places (NHRP), boasting an active neighborhood association that hosts annual community events and celebrations. Assisted living in Hattiesburg is regulated by the Mississippi Department of Health’s Division of Health Facilities Licensure and Certification. Prior to or at the time of admission, assisted living facilities must provide a resident agreement that details costs, services and policies. There are five assisted living communities in Hattiesburg from which seniors can choose.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hattiesburg

• Hattiesburg has plenty of entertainment options for seniors. Assisted living facilities may offer supervised outings to destinations like the Museum of Art at the University of Southern Mississippi, where admission is free. Hattiesburg also has the Turtle Creek 9 theater, where seniors get discounted ticket rates.

• Seniors may find Hattiesburg to be an affordable place to live. The cost of living in Hattiesburg is ranked 89.2, which is lower than the overall U.S. average of 100. Assisted living monthly costs, healthcare, groceries and transportation may be cheaper in Hattiesburg than some other U.S. cities.

• The Hattiesburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Forrest General Hospital and Merit Health Wesley, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.

• Hattiesburg has a property crime rate rating of 61.5, which is higher than the national average of 38.1. This means seniors may be at a slightly higher risk of property theft, although assisted living communities take measures to keep residents safe.

• Hattiesburg has an average of 220 sunny days per year, which is more than the national average. However, summers may be uncomfortably hot, as the city has an average July high of 92 degrees Fahrenheit.

• The air quality rating in Hattiesburg is 44, which is lower than the U.S. average of 58. This figure is based on data from the National Air Toxics Assessment, an EPA program that analyzes pollutants and risks for U.S. zip codes.

Paying for Assisted Living in Hattiesburg

$3,195.00 Ocean Springs
    $3,081.00 Biloxi
    $2,695.00 Gulfport
    $2,692.00 Mccomb

Assisted Living costs in Hattiesburg start around $3,306 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hattiesburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hattiesburg

Seniors in Hattiesburg who meet eligibility requirements may qualify for programs that help cover assisted living costs. One such assistance program is the Assisted Living Waiver, which is offered through Mississippi Medicaid.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.

Financial Assistance in Mississippi Financial Assistance in Mississippi

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
    • Life Insurance Policy
    • Long-Term Care Insurance
    • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Hattiesburg

Hattiesburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hattiesburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hattiesburg

Hattiesburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.

Laws and Regulations in Mississippi Laws and Regulations in Mississippi